+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Classroombookings - Unable to create an image in Technical; Hopefully Webman (Craig) will find this post. Thanks so much for creating this application and making it freely available. I ...

Thank Post

Classroombookings - Unable to create an image

Hopefully Webman (Craig) will find this post.

Thanks so much for creating this application and making it freely available.

I have just installed Classroombookings on a virtual server, Ubuntu 12.04, PHP 5.3.10, I am working my way through the basic setup before I hand it over to the admin staff

When I try to change the default colours or upload a logo I get the error message unable to create image.JPG Unable to create an image. In an effort to solve this I have temporarily removed all write restriction to all folders and files.

Also, I am unable to remove the install.php file as recommended delete php intstall.JPG

Finally, for safety's sake, what files do you recommend are backed up?

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi theo_logical, thanks for looking into Classroombookings.

I think the problem you have encountered is due to a PHP module "GD" (which handles image manipulation) not being installed or enabled. To confirm this, create a new PHP file (info.php for example) with this contents:

Code:
    <?php phpinfo() ?>
    Place it in the same place as Classroombookings (same folder as index.php), and then access it in your browser. You should see a page full of tables. Look for "gd". If it is not there, or if it says enabled is false, then that is definitely the problem.

In Ubuntu, this can probably be enabled with a quick apt-get install php5-gd or similar - if that doesn't work, use tab completion at the php5- part of the command, or use apt-cache search.

Once that's been installed or enabled, restart the web server service to pick up the new config, and it should be fine.

Deleting the installer: you can do this by making sure the URL is index.php/school/delete_install, or just deleting the system/application/controllers/install.php file yourself.

Hope that helps

Craig.

Thank Post
    Hello Craig

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I am sure that what you have suggested will work, indeed the test you described does suggest GD is missing. However, right now the mirrors are down so I can't update php5. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know

Thanks again

Thank Post
    Hello Craig

Installing PHP5 did the trick.

Now, when importing a CSV file with staff names etc, I get an error message stating that the folder may not be writeable, can you tell me which folder that will be?

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi

The CSV file gets uploaded to the "temp" folder, which should be in the root of your Classroombookings install.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread