+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Classroom booking System in Technical; @webman: Can i just say that after having the wrong version of PHP installed, your booking seems really simple to ...
    Thank Post
    @webman:

Can i just say that after having the wrong version of PHP installed, your booking seems really simple to use and i am looking forward to seeing version 2 when it is released. Just out of interest, what are we expecting to see in version 2 and do you know when it will be out? I know that you are planning on tieing the user accounts to AD which will be a real plus for us. I shall be getting rid of the Devizes booking system as it just doesnt seem to want to work on 2008.

Just a quick question, when importing users into CRBS, what fields do i need in the csv to import correctly?

I did notice while using the CRBS, that some of the images dont display correctly. I have found that i need to create a .png of the .gif which is located in the UI area of the files.

Since i only got to play about with it for 20 mins, i shall be testing it further tomorrow.

Thanks

Tim

2. Thanks to timbo343 from:

webman (19th May 2010)

Thank Post
    how do i show the calendar without having to login?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @timbo343: Sorry for not replying sooner, I hadn't noticed an update to this thread.

Re: v2. AD/LDAP integration for definite. Other things such as reports, quota features are also planned. The main drive has been to work on the permissions part to allow further control of groups/departments for the booking of rooms. Bigger list of stuff here. Due: some time this year On that note, if anyone can invent a device which allows me to pause time, I'd be very grateful.

@Gibbo: Thanks for filling in for that

@chrisjako: Simple answer: you can't. Long answer: You should be able to do this in v2.

@sudathkg: What ever you set them as during the installation.

Thank Post
    404 Page Not Found
    The page you requested was not found.

when i click on week dates in control panel i get the above message, any ideas?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes - that link shouldn't be there. You set the dates when you add/edit a week.

7. Thanks to webman from:

chrisjako (19th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Yes - that link shouldn't be there. You set the dates when you add/edit a week.
    thanks, great piece of kit btw looking forward to v2!!

9. Thanks to chrisjako from:

webman (19th May 2010)

Thank Post
    @Webman

I have just checked out your CRBS Version2, and it is very different to version1 not in a bad way but in a good way. Obviously it isnt finished yet but looking good.

Thank Post
    Hi everyone

I have been asked to give some reasons/benefits for us moving forward to an online booking system and was wondering if people could give me some views. I know the usual ones more that booking is accessible from anywhere that has an internet connection, saves on paper, Faster to find information on rooms stops double bookings?

Just wondering if there are many other reasons so that could put forward for using an online system.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hi everyone

I have been asked to give some reasons/benefits for us moving forward to an online booking system and was wondering if people could give me some views. I know the usual ones more that booking is accessible from anywhere that has an internet connection, saves on paper, Faster to find information on rooms stops double bookings?

Just wondering if there are many other reasons so that could put forward for using an online system.
    Because it is just much better. People can access the bookings from their desks (providing they have machines in their rooms) and you have basically covered all the points. They will love it so much that if you mention a paper booking system, they will moan.

13. Thanks to timbo343 from:

Aaron (3rd June 2010)

Thank Post
    Thank you just trying to get as many points for this as possible so that i can be given the go ahead

Thank Post
    Or you could use it as a "test" and then mention that you have got an electronic booking system that you would like to try.

Which one are you planning on using?

Thank Post
    i was going to use the classroombookings i had looked at setting it up as a test but because we run our internet from a managed system on the legacy network it would allow connections incoming to the machine from within or outsite the school.

So i am getting it hosted on our website but again this is at a cost which is why i need all the good points so that i can get the go ahead to spend the money to get an online system, I have always thought that the online is the way we need to go just need to give as many points across as possible

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hi everyone

When I first started at my current school we had a paper based room booking system. This was kept in our office, though we had nothing to do with it as it was strictly for teachers, however, we were supposed to keep an eye on the book itself in case a teacher tried to wander off with it. If a teacher phoned out office to ask if a room was available we were told to say that it had nothing to do with us. Pupils were often sent to our office to try to collect the book on behalf of a teacher, and they were sent back empty handed.

The book itself was subject to much crossing out (see image) making it difficult to see who had booked what. The final straw came when a heavily pregnant teacher had walked across school to check if as room was free only to find that there weren't any available. She said there must be a better way of doing this, so I showed her Webman's classroombookings, which I'd set up a year earlier, but no one wanted to use. She went in to see the Head of ICT and within an hour I was given the go ahead to open it to the rest of the school. We ran the two systems in parallel for a couple of weeks, and I produced an animation showing staff how to go about using it.

Now you can see just who has a room booked, and who actually booked it. A spin-off from this is that staff in the reception office have used it to track down teachers if they are not actually in their designated class, but using one of the ICT suites.
    room_booking.jpg

18. Thanks to beeswax from:

webman (4th June 2010)

Thank Post
    After a request this morning I was going to go ahead and install Classroombookings but will hold off if webman says a V2 release is imminent...

Before the hols?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    gwendes: Unfortunately the chances of it arriving before the holidays is unlikely at the moment

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread