+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, What Phone system do you run? in Technical; Went down the shoretel route here, 60 ish handsets but due to add more when the primary school onsite opens....
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Went down the shoretel route here, 60 ish handsets but due to add more when the primary school onsite opens.

Thank Post
    @dave.81 the options are pretty flexible. You could ditch your ISDN lines which are very expensive and use something like BT infinity or you could utilise your current internet connection for the SIP trunks. I decided that as the cost saving was so huge anyway that I would install a separate BT infinity line for the phone system. I could have used my existing connection, and the Smoothwall device can cope with this too, but this puts all your eggs in one basket. For example, if I need to restart the Smoothwall for any reason, this knocks out the phone system too. I thought this would be too risky and I would become less popular each time that happened and I still need phones if I need support for the smoothwall. For the sake of £40 per month on BT Infinity, I thought it best to keep it separate.

It is a great system. The reporting is standard and is really detailed. There are new features coming out all the time and one that looks interesting is the web conferencing solution.

3. Thanks to bclarke from:

dave.81 (24th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We installed Splicecom a couple of years back now. Great system and staff love it. Check my blog about the install I did: VOIP'd up! - Blogs - EduGeek.net

Company that did it was Intech Telecoms based down in Chandlers Ford. They've been fantastic on support.

Pete

5. Thanks to FragglePete from:

psydii (25th February 2014)

Thank Post
    We'll looking at this later this year too.

I like the VOIP idea, as it would allow us to get phones in places that we currently don't have them.

SIP e.g. 3CX also interesting, as it would allow people to turn their mobiles into school telephones, which would be particularly useful for IT, Site Team, etc.

Thank Post
    We were looking at the UC560 from CISCO early last year, until of course the pulled the entire range. We're now looking and very interested in the IPCortex system. Had a local demonstration last week.

Thank Post
    going with something like the infinity product, even if your not utilising it for general internet traffic, how are you finding the service deals with QoS requirements for voip calls ? with such high speed but shared services you might have sufficient bandwidth to for enough voip calls using G.711/G.729, but just interested to know how these types of services fare if they don't offer QoS or prioritisation for voice calls through the provider network.

Thank Post
    Thanks @bclarke No chance of infinity where we are so using our leased line makes a lot of sense after we had to invest heavily to get it installed anyway.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12