+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Sixth Form Registration in Technical; Had a quick search through the forums but cant find anything on sixth form registration. How do you guys keep ...

Thank Post

Sixth Form Registration

Had a quick search through the forums but cant find anything on sixth form registration. How do you guys keep tabs on who is in school for sixth form students? Ours don't have lessons all day and some wont have lesson 4 (pm registration).

We just had a quote for biometric/card/pin type registration but it seems quite expensive. We have around 250 6th form students.

Thank Post
    We use cards with 3 scanners about the site which writes back to SIMS

Thank Post
    What system is behind the scanners and cards?

Thank Post
    We developed a system in house for this. Its web based, and uses a barcode printed on the students id card. there are several scanners around the school running off of a dreamplug linux pc, a mini screen and a barcode reader. I would replace the dream plug with a raspberry pi if we did it again, but we made it before they came out.

We also extended the system to print the id card as I got fed up of figuring out ID Pro every year.

It doesn't write any data back to sims, but we do get students names, reg groups, year groups and photos out of sims.

What are your requirements? Do you need any reporting, sims integration, or just a list of whos on site and off site?

We use Vericool reception for the lower school, but found this didn't work fast enough to register the whole sixth form every morning.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Cook View Post
    We developed a system in house for this. Its web based, and uses a barcode printed on the students id card. there are several scanners around the school running off of a dreamplug linux pc, a mini screen and a barcode reader. I would replace the dream plug with a raspberry pi if we did it again, but we made it before they came out.

We also extended the system to print the id card as I got fed up of figuring out ID Pro every year.

It doesn't write any data back to sims, but we do get students names, reg groups, year groups and photos out of sims.

What are your requirements? Do you need any reporting, sims integration, or just a list of whos on site and off site?

We use Vericool reception for the lower school, but found this didn't work fast enough to register the whole sixth form every morning.
    i did think of barcode scanners but I think they want the information going directly into sims for registration.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread