How do you do....it? Thread, Job Description for an apprentice in Technical; Hi
We are looking into hiring an apprentice in our IT department to work alongside myself and my assistant network ...
31st January 2014, 04:04 PM #1
- Rep Power
Job Description for an apprentice
We are looking into hiring an apprentice in our IT department to work alongside myself and my assistant network manager.
We have been asked to create a job description. Does anyone have any examples that you have created for an IT apprentice that you could send over to me?
31st January 2014, 04:19 PM #2
It's a bit out of date (2010). Apart from all the usual boilerplate, the meat of it was :
To assist with :
• responding to queries and requests for assistance, logging those queries and updating the status of ongoing issues as appropriate
• fault diagnosis and resolution of issues, in co-operation with system and equipment suppliers as appropriate
• providing support to end users
• providing support for general office applications
• create document and spreadsheet templates for specific tasks
• Updating various web sites, editing and creating new content as appropriate
• setting up user accounts, changing passwords etc
• logging equipment allocations
To provide first-line support to staff and students by:
• responding to queries by telephone and in person
• operating helpdesk service and call-logging system
• So far as is reasonably practicable, the post holder must ensure that safe working practices are adopted by employees, and in premises/work areas for which the post holder is responsible, to maintain a safe working environment for employees and service users. These are defined in the Health Safety Policy, departmental polices and codes of practice.
• Work in compliance with the Codes of Conduct, regulations and policies of the School, and its commitments to equal opportunities.
• Ensure that output and quality of work is of a high standard and complies with current legislation/standards.
Thanks to pcstru from:
tj2419 (31st January 2014)
By Liam in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
Last Post: 19th April 2012, 07:51 AM
By burgemaster in forum Windows Server 2000/2003
Last Post: 10th February 2012, 07:45 PM
By ben604 in forum General Chat
Last Post: 9th May 2011, 05:30 PM
By Kyle in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 3rd December 2008, 12:22 AM
By googlemad in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 23rd March 2007, 01:27 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)