+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Logging overtime hours for all staff - system needed in Technical; Hi Does anyone have a free system where staff could login put their hours, date of overtime etc and submit ...

Thank Post

Logging overtime hours for all staff - system needed

Hi

Does anyone have a free system where staff could login put their hours, date of overtime etc and submit it?

At the minute i was going to use a google sheet with a form where staff type their name and info but it means anyone could submit hours for someone else.

Cheers

Thank Post
    I've only played with Google Drive stuff a little but couldn't you enable track changes on the sheet to show who made what edits to it?

Thank Post
    It would be public so they wouldn't be needing to have a gmail account to access it. I will see if they can use a none gmail account tho cheers.

We have office 365 but i can't get it to timestamp the entries which is needed. If i could get that working i could get them to login to it with their work email account maybe.

Thank Post
    If you have O365 then a Sharepoint list to record the hours worked should work nicely for this. I think you can also set up alerts for when someone alters the list.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spadam View Post
    If you have O365 then a Sharepoint list to record the hours worked should work nicely for this. I think you can also set up alerts for when someone alters the list.
    Any good guides or links for this? Haven't used sharepoint before yet. Cheers

Thank Post
    Not personally as we also have just (this week) started using the Sites and Skydrive functionality of O365 but I had something like this working on Kaleidos which was built on an older version of Sharepoint.

From what I've seen the new O365 Sites is divided into Team Site and Public Site so I guess something like this belongs on the Team Site part.

In O365 Click on the following to create a list:
    Sites > Team Site > Site Contents > Add an App > Custom List

Once you've named it you will need to edit it to add the columns you want.

As well as creating the list columns you may also need to modify the view of the list to get it displaying the data in the order and way you want. I don't know enough to tell you the best way to go about doing this but I picked it up before through a bit of trial and error and some Googling on Sharepoint lists.

Hope this helps

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information