+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Get a Font to appear on more applications that MS Office in Technical; Hi, I recently deployed a font called Jarman across our network via our RM CC4 platform. It has deployed with ...

Thank Post

Question Get a Font to appear on more applications that MS Office

Hi, I recently deployed a font called Jarman across our network via our RM CC4 platform.
    It has deployed with no problems which is good. However staff are now reporting that whilst it appears in the fonts drop down on Microsoft Office applications, if they look for it on their Smart Notebook Software, it is not there.

I have contacted RM who say its not their problem as some fonts are designed only to work on Microsoft Word/Excel/Publisher and are not compatible with other applications. Is this true and if so, is there any other work around other than staff picking another font?

Any help would be really good

Thank Post
    Why don't you install it manually on a client and see if it is available for multiple applications? Apart from that, how did you create the package?

3. Thanks to Dooms_Dave from:

talksr (11th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talksr View Post
    I have contacted RM who say its not their problem as some fonts are designed only to work on Microsoft Word/Excel/Publisher and are not compatible with other applications.
    I have never heard this one before, and it sounds like utter rubbish to me. As per the above, install it manually on a workstation (right-click the file and click Install) and see if it works. When it does, go back to RM and tell them their font deployment code stinks (unless it's your code, in which case, erm, it just needs some tweaking )

5. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooms_Dave View Post
    Why don't you install it manually on a client and see if it is available for multiple applications? Apart from that, how did you create the package?
    Thanks for your post, not long after my OP, I gave this a go and noticed a very odd thing: The font installed correctly, showed in Word, Excel very well, on Smart Notebook, there was a white area where the font would normally appear in the list.
    jarman.png

If I selected this white area, the font did appear to work.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    I have never heard this one before, and it sounds like utter rubbish to me. As per the above, install it manually on a workstation (right-click the file and click Install) and see if it works. When it does, go back to RM and tell them their font deployment code stinks (unless it's your code, in which case, erm, it just needs some tweaking )
    I responded to RM's response with the above new infomation and their support bods are still investigating!! Maybe it is just a one off with that particular font. I downloaded a fresh copy when I did the manual install so it can't be a problem with the copy of the font I had here on the network.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Had the same issue with the official Sassoon font. I would guess the font is an OTF file? Look for a TTF verision.

8. Thanks to SYSMAN_MK from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    Had the same issue with the official Sassoon font. I would guess the font is an OTF file? Look for a TTF verision.
    Hi thanks for your message.
    It was in fact a TTF (22kb).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread