+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How do you do....it? Thread, Which Helpdesk Ticketing System? in Technical; Here at Room Booking System, we use Help Scout and I'd strongly recommend you at least give it a trial. ...
    Thank Post
    Here at Room Booking System, we use Help Scout and I'd strongly recommend you at least give it a trial. We looked at lots of other software when changing from managing things by email: Zendesk, Freshdesk, Desk.com, Kayako, osTicket, UserVoice, Tender App, and more. I didn't like a lot of the other software because it was cumbersome for people to use.

Obviously we're not a school but many schools contact us by email for support and without Help Scout, we'd be lost with a shared inbox. The best part is that it's invisible to end users, to them it's email. There isn't anything referencing a ticket number or "click here to add a reply" so it's incredibly easy for end users.

At our end, it keeps track of all tickets, we can assign to people, change the status, add internal notes, create rules for messages to be automatically assigned (or auto-responded to), use saved replies, etc. It doesn't have a calendar, but I don't think it needs one anyway. Also tickets are either unassigned or assigned to one person. They're just about to release a knowledge base that can be used for both internal and external use, this is how it looks: Help Scout Support - Help Desk

It's really helped us maintain our legendary support as it ensures no emails become lost or forgotten about unlike a shared inbox. 100% recommended!
    Last edited by roombookingsystem; 28th October 2013 at 03:36 PM.

Thank Post
    The Help Scout website seems to take an age to load here. Is that the case for anyone else? Looks a great, simple solution, but if it's slow then it's not ideal. Also, one drawback seems to be you can't create cases for others. So it's reliant on end users being able to submit their own requests.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 28th October 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    The Help Scout website seems to take an age to load here. Is that the case for anyone else? Looks a great, simple solution, but if it's slow then it's not ideal. Also, one drawback seems to be you can't create cases for others. So it's reliant on end users being able to submit their own requests.
    We use it every day (even weekends) and the speed is fine, though it's never going to be instant like an on-site solution. You can start a new "conversation" as they call it from inside Help Scout and choose to either have it as an internal note, or send an email to the end user.

Thank Post
    I'm shocked no one mentioned service-now.com I used them for 2 years... Very good system. Even Google uses them (or did)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roombookingsystem View Post
    We use it every day (even weekends) and the speed is fine, though it's never going to be instant like an on-site solution. You can start a new "conversation" as they call it from inside Help Scout and choose to either have it as an internal note, or send an email to the end user.
    Would you mind telling me how? It's so obvious, I can't see it, I'm sure.

Thank Post
    Anybody tried System Centre Service Manager?

Thank Post
    Has anyone heard from Ozan (ICTNUT) recently? He seems to have fallen off the face of the planet & v2.5 has been in beta since forever.....

Thank Post
    Is this Ozan at OPSoftware?
    If so I'd like to know where he is too - I'm trying to get my trial of the software set up, but can't get hold of him.

Thank Post
    A vote for Spicworks here. Good reporting and management functionality, and free!

Thank Post
    We Use Spiceworks in School, and it does a job overall. No problems for the last 4 years.
    Would recommended Spiceworks to you all!!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123