+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Which Helpdesk Ticketing System? in Technical; AFAIK @ CyberNerd uses FreshDesk, he might be able to post some comments about it....
    Thank Post
    AFAIK @CyberNerd uses FreshDesk, he might be able to post some comments about it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    AFAIK @CyberNerd uses FreshDesk, he might be able to post some comments about it.
    Not me. We're Google Apps users.

Thank Post
    Trying SirPortly at the moment. http://www.sirportly.com

Thank Post
    Spiceworks..awesome

Thank Post
    Have been using Spiceworks for quite a while now - but I've often found it a little cluttered.

Have just installed and got OSTicket running - with a few tweaks it seems a very nice minimalist ticketing and knowledgebase system.

Looks very nice and have SSO / Ldap implemented to make it very quick for staff to post a ticket.

Thank Post
    @CyberNerd, how long have you been using collaborative mailbox for ticketing?
    Any Pros/Cons you'd be able to share?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Parker View Post
    @CyberNerd, how long have you been using collaborative mailbox for ticketing?
    Any Pros/Cons you'd be able to share?
    Biggest con I've found is that you can't change the default 'reply from' address and it always replies from the mailbox of the user who replied to the ticket.
    You have to change it to 'reply from group' each time you send. I don't think it would be such an issue in an environment where one person is allocated a ticket and deals with it 'forever' but it's a pain if you want to escalate things.

8. Thanks to CyberNerd from:

Nick_Parker (27th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 765 Posts
    @RabbieBurns:

We have used Liberum helpdesk for what seems like ages but the staff absolutely love it, @webman reconfigured the webfront for us and embedded it in our intranet it takes just a couple of clicks to report for the end user, has all but 2 of the criteria you mentioned and above all it is free.

Key features of Liberum Help Desk:

Completely web-based
    E-mail notifications
    Can utilize Windows authentication, so you don't need to manage another database of users
    Allows for better communication between users and support reps: users can view progress on problems and submit additional information
    Built-in reporting to keep track of support reps, which departments are making requests, and what types of problems are being reported
    Easily customizable to fit your needs
    IT'S COMPLETELY FREE!!

Home - Liberum Help Desk

It might suit you sir?

Thank Post
    We've just started using Freshdesk really nice & simple to use, fully customiseable (if that's even a word) very professional looking & great support even with the free version.

It's got a big thumbs up here so far

Thank Post
    As Penfold mentioned, on the very rare occasions we have needed to contact support we use the live chat and 9/10 they have been able to resolve the issue / query straight away. A couple of things that we identified were bugs and were sorted for the next release. Releases tend to be made available probably once every couple of months. I am not sure what the support times are, but theres always been someone available when I have contacted them during the day UK time anyway.

We used the previous release initially and it didn't take too much configuring - their support team would also I think setup the system on your own kit if you give them access via a RDP connection or root on a linux box.

The support staff love the product, the teachers haven't known anything different so they don't really have anything to compare it with but i've had no complaints.

We take a lot of out of hours requests from students and parents also for password reminders to our Parent Learning Gateway etc and the feedback from parents is always pretty good too.

If you think of anything else, give me a shout. Kayako put us forward to speak to someone working in a university and this is a copy of the e-mail I sent back to answer some of his questions which may also be helpful.

· What version do you use?

We currently use the latest release of Kayako. 4.? We have used Kayako now for around 8 years moving from version 3 initially to the latest version now. The initial migration to version 4 was a major issue as the product clearly was finished and it seemed very much in beta stage with updates constantly being released to fix issues. For the last 12 months has been very stable and the number of updates have been reduced.

· Why did you choose Kayako?

We initially created our own system for inhouse support, and although the system did the job, it did have it's limitations and it needed a lot of work done to it to get it to be a business standard product. Kayako was one of many we trialled and it seemed to tick the boxes and met the needs of our school.

· Did you look at other systems?

We looked at various systems, although off the top of my head I can't remember all of them. Spiceworks was one, but I felt the helpdesk module was a bolt on rather than the actual main product.

· What has the feedback from end users been with Kayako?

Feedback is generally good, we don't provide logons to the end users and all jobs are reported via e-mail. I.e. the member of staff, parent or student e-mails directly to: ithelpdesk@*******.co.uk and they then received an automated reply to say their request has been logged and will receive e-mailed updates throughout the progression until closure. We felt providing staff with an additional username and password would be too much + it didn't really offer anything in addition.

· Do you just use with IT or have other departments started using it? (premises..)

We currently only use it for IT, although I am considering rolling it out to the premises team. They don't seem to get too many requests though so I am not sure if it will complicate things. It certainly can however cope with multiple helpdesks running.

· Have you purchased any ‘add on’ modules to use with Kayako?

We use the Kayako Fusion product which I think is the product with all the add on's. We utilise the chat and VNC capabilities for when parents have issues logging onto our Learning Gateway from home. We can remind them of their password or even take control of their screens remotely to see exactly what error message they are receiving. We also have started to utilise the Knowledgebase to provide small helpguides and short videos on how to the most common requests we get through the helpdesk. The Live Chat is available on our website www.*******.sch.uk or the Knowledgebase at ***********

· Who did you buy it off?

We bought it direct from Kayako.

· Did you install/setup yourself? If not who did you use.

We installed it ourselves onto our hosted webserver, the help guides available are generally pretty good. The support is also very good as whenever we have a query they appear to know the product well and generally can let us know the answer or will dial in and make a change to the config etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Kayako looks like it fulfils all our needs. Having a smart device native app looks like a bonus too.

for those of you that use Kayako can i ask you some questions please ( @Sylv3r and @unixman_again and any one else not yet here)

Have you ever had to contact support? as far as i can see all is listed is a +1 number, do they have a local number for most countries? is there any local support or 24/7 support?

How long did you find it took to set up?

Did/do your staff find it easy to use?

Thanks everyone else for the other suggestions.

12. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

RabbieBurns (26th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Try op smart desk from op software. I've worked with ozan before and software does all required.

Thank Post
    We currently use OPsmartdesk but are currently looking for something else when our year runs out. Some functions are broken, promised to be fixed in releases in May but now November apparently. Slow to respond to support requests and took almost two weeks after purchasing to get it up and running due to problems with their licence server. It has potential and if it was a free option, then fair play.

Thank Post
    Another vote for GLPI here, we use integrated with OCS

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Zendesk is what we have used for the past 4 years for IT, facilities, and OHS help desk. The iPad and iPhone apps are very good and Zendesk meets all of your requirements and then some. We have ours integrated with Screensteps Live for Tutorials and Mindtouch for knowledgebase. There are the forums and built-in knowledge base as well. Yes, it is a bit more costly than some solutions, but from an economic labour vs capital decision making process, time is more valuable than money and Zendesk can save you a lot of time.

Other solutions I have used and can recommend are ServiceDesk Plus (Manage Engine) and OnTime (http://www.ontimenow.com/bug-tracking). OnTime is designed for use in software development and bug tracking, but it is highly configurable and makes for a great general purpose project/task management and help desk system.

EDIT: Looks like OnTime has now split the product into a software development tool and a dedicated help desk http://www.ontimenow.com/help-desk - it has been over 4 years since I used it, but I suspect it will be even better than it was then.
    Last edited by seawolf; 27th October 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Thank Post
    I use WebHelpDesk by Solarwinds.
    Very customizable for ticket categories, ticket statuses etc. accepts tickets via email, or users can login with their AD credentials.
    Can set it up to nag the user if they don’t respond to a ticket.
    Has asset tracking and FAQ, in the most recent version it can pull assets from SCCM. I’ve not got that setup yet.
    I’ve just started adding in my purchases and warranty info for assets.
    It has a status dashboard, reporting, calendar etc. it doesn’t have an android app, but the HTML mobile version of the site works fine.
    When I was shopping for a helpdesk a few years ago it came down to this this or Sysaid.
    The deciding factors were it’s a US company and it is what the LEA uses, so I’d have support their if needed.
    The biggest con is it is priced per tech, but I think that is most systems.

Some of the great GPL options now available either were not available then or were not mature enough.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast