+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Note taking app for mobile devices with sync to PC in Technical; Hi I'm looking for recommendations for note taking apps. We're going to use them for collecting evidence (of progress, not ...

Thank Post

Note taking app for mobile devices with sync to PC

Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for note taking apps. We're going to use them for collecting evidence (of progress, not criminal damage ). Free would be good, but we can pay. We have decided not to use the EYFS products, because we want to use the devices across KS1 as well.

Must have:

Take photo, add note (recording and video handy, but not essential)
    Ability to create a file structure
    Compatible with iPod and iPad (android would be even better - we haven't made a decision on all the devices yet and having a choice would be good)
    Option not to cloud sync. It's going to have confidential data on the device, so I don't want it going off site.
    Ability to sync via wifi (preferred) or USB in standard format e.g. PDF

I'm looking at Good reader - its sibling good notes is free and does everything I want on an iPad, but isn't available on the iPod

Thanks

Thank Post
    Having tried many apps on iOS & Android I am now a fully signed up supporter of MS OneNote. Syncs perfectly between Desktop, iPad & Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmak View Post
    Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for note taking apps. We're going to use them for collecting evidence (of progress, not criminal damage ). Free would be good, but we can pay. We have decided not to use the EYFS products, because we want to use the devices across KS1 as well.

Must have:

Take photo, add note (recording and video handy, but not essential)
    Ability to create a file structure
    Compatible with iPod and iPad (android would be even better - we haven't made a decision on all the devices yet and having a choice would be good)
    Option not to cloud sync. It's going to have confidential data on the device, so I don't want it going off site.
    Ability to sync via wifi (preferred) or USB in standard format e.g. PDF

I'm looking at Good reader - its sibling good notes is free and does everything I want on an iPad, but isn't available on the iPod

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanks. I quite like the app and have played with using it for my own data, however as far as I can see, the only option for getting data off the device is sync via Microsoft's cloud storage, which isn't secure enough for pupil performance data. Now looking at Notability, which allows me to sync with iTunes locally.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread