+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Point of Sale and Stock System in Technical; Our school is thinking of taking over the sale of school uniform to students to allow the school to make ...

Thank Post

Point of Sale and Stock System

Our school is thinking of taking over the sale of school uniform to students to allow the school to make more money from each item that sells.
    We have been tasked with putting in some sort fo EPOS/Stock Level and Sale Recording system to manage this, but I have no idea even where to start!?
    I had thought of trying to bolt onto our existing cashless catering system somehow, as this uses ParentPay to allow parents to fund payments etc, and also recording who the food was sold to through fingerprint recognition!
    I thought this could possibly be adapted to meet our uniform sales, as it would record which student had purchased each item of clothing etc....

Anybody using anything specific though internally only? We only need to have stock management and sale recording and quantity management. Some sort of email sending when stocks are low would be good too, as well as mass stock intake using some sort of barcode reader. We will not be handling any money at Point of Sale, as this really needs to go through the finance office itself, and be recorded for auditing purposes.

Any help on a system or company that deals in this would be brilliant!

Thank Post
    Have you thought of a paypal shop? We ended up writing our own, but serious considered using this on our website, so parents can buy uniform from the website. The system also keeps track of stock levels, etc I believe.

Meldrew

3. Thanks to Meldrew from:

_techie_ (21st April 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I looked at this (for another reason previously not related to uniforms), I got recommended Vend, and OpenBravo subsequently by @camel.

I ultimately went with DHPos which isn't much to look at, but is very easy and quiet the feature set.

5. Thanks to p858snake from:

Thank Post
    We use InFlow Inventory for all of our internal stuff and it is easy to use and wasn't that expensive as I recall. Here's the link

http://www.inflowinventory.com/

Steve

7. Thanks to truebluesteve from:

Thank Post
    Hi,

I installed POSper for a small café, works better than a proprietary pos-software they had before. Supports multiple database backends (MySQL, Postgres), so you can extend the software as you like (I added some extra reports).
    POSper | Free Business & Enterprise software downloads at SourceForge.net

Stefan

9. Thanks to stefaan from:

Thank Post
    Our school is thinking of taking over the sale of school uniform to students to allow the school to make more money from each item that sells.
    As a side note, can schools actually make profit on sales of uniform? Seems a bit unfair if you ask me to charge parents over the odds for uniform which is already naturally expensive.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We use ParentMail here, it does stock numbers and allows for online sales as well as local sales.

RE: Making a profit - with the squeeze on school budgets, I don't really have a problem with schools making a couple of quid on uniform. That money ends up back in the budget so the pupils gain from it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread