+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Sharp MX3110N Scanning to network in Technical; We have a Sharp MX3110N MFP which is all lovely and shiny and we can print to to it. No ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,747 Posts

Sharp MX3110N Scanning to network

We have a Sharp MX3110N MFP which is all lovely and shiny and we can print to to it. No problems there.

The help function for this machine is useless and the manual non-existent

Is it possible to set a default folder on the network for this copier to Scan to? What we'd like to do is set it up so a user can scan by default to a folder on one of our network shares and then pick it up to use it from there.

Or should we be doing this in reverse, mapping the public area on the MFP, so that people can pick the scans off the MFP?

Thank Post
    How many users are you looking to have folders for?

There are a number of options, you can scan to one folder and then users pick it up from there, you can scan to individual folders which is a pain from an admin point of view if a number and thirdly you can use Sharpdesk which you get one license per colour Sharp MFD. This allows you to scan directly to the PC and use various tools with it.

To scan to folder you need to ensure you DNS is specified on the web page of the copier and then go to Address Book and add a new address, select the network folder option and specify the path of the folder i.e. \\server\data\finance\scans or \\servers\users\userame. Create or use an account that has permissions to write to these folders, I generally just create a generic account with no password expire set, enter in format of fqdn\username and tick password and enter it and save it up. This should work if you scan a page now.

If you get stuck let me know, most of that is from memory but will be in front of a Sharp machine first thing Monday when I get into work.

3. Thanks to MatthewL from:

elsiegee40 (16th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Thank you @MatthewL, you've given me a good start I won't be in front of the copier until the back end of next week, but I'll be in touch if/when I get stuck.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post

t will be in front of a Sharp machine first thing Monday when I get into work.
    Ouch.

On a different and completely different note, and in an attempt to completely derail this thread: how do you find sharp MFD's and their support. I'm considering buying into them

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post

On a different and completely different note, and in an attempt to completely derail this thread: how do you find sharp MFD's and their support. I'm considering buying into them
    I tried to get things back on track by starting a new thread here Sharp managed MFD's + Papercut

Thank Post
    I've had precisely 1 day's exposure to this machine, so I can't comment on it really. I've just been told what it doesn't do and am trying to work the wretched thing out. Basically, it behaves itself from what I can gather. It just hasn't been set up as anything other than a printer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I've had precisely 1 day's exposure to this machine, so I can't comment on it really. I've just been told what it doesn't do and am trying to work the wretched thing out. Basically, it behaves itself from what I can gather. It just hasn't been set up as anything other than a printer.
    Cool.. (not for you, though) I just met a rep from sharp and wanted to throw it out here to get some feel from real world experience.
    Any chance you could phone their support on Monday and let me know how/if they respond. Whilst you on the phone - tell them that the machine is on fire and test out the 4hr response

Thank Post
    Unfortunately I'm at other schools for most of the week.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Unfortunately I'm at other schools for most of the week.
    perhaps you could set fire to them remotely? I'd be ever so grateful.

Thank Post
    Hmmm! I'll take a look at logmein. I don't remember seeing it on the console ... Not in the free version anyway!
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 16th March 2013 at 12:55 AM.

12. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

CyberNerd (16th March 2013)

Thank Post
    You can VNC to Sharp machines, you need to allow it under operation settings, you need to put the IP in of where you are connecting from.

I have never had the need to speak to Sharp, the local engineers from the company who supplied me fix any issues if there are any, its mainly jams where staff are impatient. I find them really simple machines compared to say Toshiba.

All the drivers and manuals are available to download online, I've yet to have one fail on me.
    @elsiegee40 drop me a line if you get stuck, will help you through.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread