+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Questions to ask Cashless Catering suppliers - urgent! in Technical; Cunningham's provided our cashless catering system and have done for many years, all I can say is that it has ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    Cunningham's provided our cashless catering system and have done for many years, all I can say is that it has worked for all these years flawlessly!

Only issue we had was a hardware fault with one of the tills and a smaller issue with one of the fingerprint scanners they changed them the very same day if I remember rightly and all has been well since.

Set up with static IP's with backup of the server config done daily every evening by the admin office staff.

As for technical help we haven't really required that much and when we have they remote in and fix as it is part of their SLA.

Simples

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ask about 2nd third year support and maintenance prices.
    Support is important. How secure is the data. End of year procedures etc, new intake. Any more email me.

Thank Post
    Anyone using Nationwide able to tell me what's new in their latest release?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just an update for everyone who was kind enough to offer assistance - we had go live day yesterday and, remarkably, it all went really rather well. Hell of a job getting to that stage, but the day itself was fine, the system is marvellous, and Nationwide's engineers and support have incredibly helpful and supportive throughout - we're all really very happy now

I just need someone to bring the weekend forward by a day or two for me, that'd be really appreciated right about now...

5. Thanks to sonofsanta from:

john (4th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Just an update for everyone who was kind enough to offer assistance - we had go live day yesterday and, remarkably, it all went really rather well. Hell of a job getting to that stage, but the day itself was fine, the system is marvellous, and Nationwide's engineers and support have incredibly helpful and supportive throughout - we're all really very happy now

I just need someone to bring the weekend forward by a day or two for me, that'd be really appreciated right about now...
    Hi,

we are looking at changing and I just wondered how you have got on with Nationwide since your last post. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Hi,

we are looking at changing and I just wondered how you have got on with Nationwide since your last post. Thanks.
    Really well - now rolled the system out into the school shop as well, with a cash drawer and barcode reader, integrated the biometrics into the library (Eclipse.net from MLS) and integrated it into our Moodle 2 install so girls can check their balances & purchases on the VLE. Any teething issues we had - there were some early problems with account codes and online payments, for example - were worked around in the first instance and have since been patched out entirely by their development team. We've implemented weird requests like internal-only FSM (so they don't show up on the census from CMIS).

All in all, support have found a way - they've never just said "the software isn't designed to do that" - and the system itself has been solid, comprehensive and a marvel of modern IT as far as our kitchen manager is concerned, who never had any accurate figures before for what was selling. So no regrets from us!

8. Thanks to sonofsanta from:

john (1st October 2013)

Thank Post
    How was the moodle 2 integration done - that sounds interesting

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeem View Post
    How was the moodle 2 integration done - that sounds interesting
    From Nationwide's side, they publish the data through a web service on the internal cashless server, accessible only from select IPs and offering a few functions via an API. Our Moodle 2 install is developed/administered by Overnet Data who have their own SIMS/CMIS integration block and they've connected to the Trust-E web service through that. There may be other ways - Frog at least can do it as well, judging by the documentation - but that's how we did it. I'm sure someone from NRS would be delighted to tell you more.

Thank Post
    Interesting reading.

We're currently with Tucasi and have a set of 5 year old tills. Tucasi have stopped developing the cashless catering side of their system (Schools Cash Office, SCO) as they're focusing on online payments only (purportedly 7 customers with the former and 3,000 with the latter).

We have an issue currently where the tills keep going offline, and support are struggling to figure out why and don't seem very motivated. Also the online payments side is a bit fragile.

The difficulty we have is a compressed day, with a 20 minute lunch break. Currently we use barcode cards which scan very quickly. Our Bursar has looked at biometric systems but it takes 2-3 seconds to scan a fingerprint, which is just too long to get 1,000 kids through in 20 minutes. I'm not sure if she's spoken to Nationwide/NRS but I'll point her that way.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gongalong View Post
    Interesting reading.

We're currently with Tucasi and have a set of 5 year old tills. Tucasi have stopped developing the cashless catering side of their system (Schools Cash Office, SCO) as they're focusing on online payments only (purportedly 7 customers with the former and 3,000 with the latter).

We have an issue currently where the tills keep going offline, and support are struggling to figure out why and don't seem very motivated. Also the online payments side is a bit fragile.

The difficulty we have is a compressed day, with a 20 minute lunch break. Currently we use barcode cards which scan very quickly. Our Bursar has looked at biometric systems but it takes 2-3 seconds to scan a fingerprint, which is just too long to get 1,000 kids through in 20 minutes. I'm not sure if she's spoken to Nationwide/NRS but I'll point her that way.
    I would think NRS could do that for you they do a range of ID options for primary schools they can do a screen with the pics of the kiddies on for staff to just press that I have seen they also do Mifar proximity cards which could be easier or they may even do barcode reader option give them a call they are very helpful

13. Thanks to john from:

Gongalong (3rd October 2013)

Thank Post
    Apparently we've got Cunninghams coming in already, as they are recommended by Tucasi. We'll see...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gongalong View Post
    Apparently we've got Cunninghams coming in already, as they are recommended by Tucasi. We'll see...
    As this thread shows well worth getting NRS in as well. In my experience for the same thing they were a good bit cheaper and better software IMHO.

16. Thanks to john from:

Gongalong (3rd October 2013)

Thank Post
    I've made the recommendation, but we'll see whether it makes it through the politics...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    NRS, Cunninghams and Gladstones were all within spitting distance of each other on price. The NRS system was much more professional though - you could tell it had come from industry and stood up to their demands, whereas the others still felt a bit "aimed at education" - you know the kind of software, where you find out it's using an MS Access database at the backend, or only runs on Server 2003 as it's not been recompiled for newer .NET Frameworks. Those aren't specific issues with those companies, it was just the sentiment I got.

On the evidence, as well, NRS will bend over backwards to meet your needs as well. Our account manager, incredibly, actually knows the product, and can talk about it on a technical level - there's very rarely an "I'll get back to you on that".

19. 2 Thanks to sonofsanta:

Gongalong (3rd October 2013), john (3rd October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    NRS, Cunninghams and Gladstones were all within spitting distance of each other on price. The NRS system was much more professional though - you could tell it had come from industry and stood up to their demands, whereas the others still felt a bit "aimed at education" - you know the kind of software, where you find out it's using an MS Access database at the backend, or only runs on Server 2003 as it's not been recompiled for newer .NET Frameworks. Those aren't specific issues with those companies, it was just the sentiment I got.

On the evidence, as well, NRS will bend over backwards to meet your needs as well. Our account manager, incredibly, actually knows the product, and can talk about it on a technical level - there's very rarely an "I'll get back to you on that".
    Yup very much what I experienced as well which is what you want and need with things like this For anyone that has stayed in a Travelodge you will have come across NRS without even realising it I know @robk and myself were enjoying winding up the staff at the one from BETT that we could probably get through it and make food free

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast