+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Promethean Activeboard 2 installations question in Technical; We have two of this type of board, both won in some competition run by Promethean. THey installed the main ...
    Thank Post

Promethean Activeboard 2 installations question

We have two of this type of board, both won in some competition run by Promethean. THey installed the main back frame to the wall around 10 inches off the ground and we have never had any problems.

Today we have had installers in site to install another 2 (Promethean 2 boards but supplied and fitted by another well know educational comapny)

They are refusing to fit the boards this way and say that the main back fame must be touching the floor and then fitted to the wall. I feel this will make the board, even though adjustable, too low.

Have yu got any and how are they fitted?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Promethean Activeboard 2 installations question

Primary/secondary? Short teachers?

We don't have those type of boards, but there are some installation pictures on this website showing how @ctive IT Solutions do them

Thank Post

We almost had one of these fitted, the room were it would have been fitted had some pipes running along the skirting. To save any messing I spoke with the installation manager guy at Promethean who I am pretty sure said it would be fine to have it off the ground some way. I think the only limitation was for usability's sake. We didn;t have it in the end - but the reason why was nothing to do with this

Andy

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by tosca925
    We have two of this type of board, both won in some competition run by Promethean. THey installed the main back frame to the wall around 10 inches off the ground and we have never had any problems.

Today we have had installers in site to install another 2 (Promethean 2 boards but supplied and fitted by another well know educational comapny)

They are refusing to fit the boards this way and say that the main back fame must be touching the floor and then fitted to the wall. I feel this will make the board, even though adjustable, too low.

Have yu got any and how are they fitted?
    We have ours 30 cm to 50 cm above the floor as if it's any lower only midgets will be able to use them... as well as the students at the back wouldn't be able to see the board because the students in front of them would be in the way as it would be too low...

Thank Post

If you are unsure of how the AB+2 has been installed, please call our tech support guys.

If I was to pick an opinion from this thread, I would agree with this:

They are refusing to fit the boards this way and say that the main back frame must be touching the floor and then fitted to the wall.

Thank Post

Agreed

Although a little late to chime in, I also agree with this. Installation of the AB+2 Rev2 unit requires that the extrusions (legs) be on the ground. The weights that are currently supplied are attached to cables that are longer than the extrusions, and would hang freely out of the bottom. This not only creates a non-asthetic appearance, but could create a dangerous situation. If you don't understand what I mean, feel free to ask. When in doubt - look at the install instructions....even though they've changed repeatedly with the change from REV2 revision 01 - 04, they are still in line with how the product was created to be installed.

Thank Post
    Alpha, there are no instructions for the UK version of the AB+2 as you have to be an accredited engineer to fit these systems over here.

It seems the systems that have been fitted off the ground are the version 1 +2 systems, these had one main leg and used a pneumatic arm to move up and down. The current version is the +2 system version 4 and as previously posted they use a weight system in the two legs to move up and down and certainly SHOULD NOT be fitted off the ground.

We have fitted thousands of +2 systems and height is rarely an issue, with the new version you can actually set the lower and upper limits of how high the board can be raised using stoppers in the extrusions.

The only reason this system would be too low is if you have low ceilings in which case you would be better to use a ceiling mounted projector with a stubby bracket.

Thank Post
    oops just noticed thread was from 2007!

Thank Post
    2007 was a good year. I seem to have been responding to old threads too, but some of them have insufficient responses.

I am Promethean Certified, but do apologize. We have an installation manual that was actually put together by Promethean, Atlanta Georgia (USA) to help field installers who hadn't seen a REV2 unit. Our company even went as far as to create an installation training video for the older REV1 units.

As far as the older REV1 unit with the single leg being mounted above the floor - I agree that the better solution would be a fixed unit with a ceiling mounted projector. In the case of limited ceiling height, I would recommend that the projector be placed on a rolling cart while still employing the fixed mounted board on the wall.

I look forward to talking with you more and comparing the differences between the US released hardware and the UK released versions.

By the way; we too have installed several thousand of the new REV2 units since their release and subsequent revision upgrades. Now most of our spare time is spent repairing them.....

AJ
    Last edited by AlphaJoker; 18th November 2008 at 12:26 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread