+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Backups to HP StorageWorks Ultrium LTO5 in Technical; Afternoon all Right, sovled an issue I was having last week with our server BSODing, turns out the ArcServe Backup ...
    Thank Post

Backups to HP StorageWorks Ultrium LTO5

Afternoon all

Right, sovled an issue I was having last week with our server BSODing, turns out the ArcServe Backup Software had decided to stop working properly and kept unloading drivers causing the server to panic and throw a hissy fit before BSOD. Anyway, I've removed ArcServer (v16) and the server is stable, the only issue I have now is that I'm running without backups (although System State and SIMS are backed up remotely as part of the county SLA).

So, recommend me a solution please. We have an Ultrium LTO5 tape drive and ideally I want software that will back up to this, and not break every 18 months or so forcing you to purchase a new license for their latest version (yes folks, the way I solved the ArcServe thing is that we have v15 previously that started doing the same thing on our older server! Fun times .. NOT!).

How do people backup these days? Is tape still a good option, should I be using a remotely located NAS instead or something like that? Etc, etc..

Thanks in advance
    Andy

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Interesting I have had R15 and R16 and not had either of those problems, fine had some other ones but not that one. Do you not have support / maintenance on it? The support team can be quite helpful when you get to someone whose understanding of the English language isn't KS2 or below but when you get a good agent they are brilliant.

As for Tape I still use it, infact only had the kit 2 years or so now as its much more reliable than HDDs were in the Buffalo NAS's we had

3. Thanks to john from:

soveryapt (7th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Cheers @john

Quick Update: Apparently, it's something to do with the SysVol settings or something, so I need to start investigating that now and see if I can't get to the bottom of it. Joys.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread