+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Active Directory - Single and Bulk User creation and FREE!! in Technical; Originally Posted by 3s-gtech Zipped and attached. Not sure if it'll register now though, may be able to help if ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    Zipped and attached. Not sure if it'll register now though, may be able to help if possible.
    Do you have a redistribution license for that?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,919 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    The owner released it for anyone to use, so being fussy about redistribution when the original owner had made it clear that anyone can have it is a little odd.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    Nope, but the licence itself is not contained within the file, and must be registered for. As Mikey Magic's site has gone, it's become very difficult to get hold of, despite its popularity.

Thank Post
    I used this software when the primary school moved from single logins per year grou to individual log ons.
    It does not do any thing scripts can't it is merely help for those who don't script and visual learners like myself

Thank Post
    well cant we email and aask about it? or if they got a contact details? and also i thiught as the way things go if you create something in any work place they have the permisson for it? and ownershiip

Using google's cashed view there was no mention of it dispereing but managed to get an email address i have done an email. if i dont here anything i let you all know
    Last edited by chrisredfield93; 21st September 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Thank Post
    I'm interested on the outcome of this.
    I use it every year to create the new cohort but I rebuilt my laptop last week and have subsequently lost the license info. I remember it being free but the website is down now. Am keen to get it fully working again, before it's too late.

TheLibrarian
    I've mentioned this before - and I know it's not free but user import is just one of the many tasks you can automate (and delegate) - XIA Automation, very cheap considering what you can do with it, the ROI is very short - first few months we figure we got our money's worth.

I'm not affiliated with the company that provides it, but I will sing it's praises because it is that good.

Thank Post
    Hi Guys here is the key code for Active User manager, Its totally free so I can't see any probs doing this:

Activation Code: Active User Manager is now completely free and unlimited to use without any purchase. I am currently working on removing the license activation component from the software but until then please find below an activation code that will unlock the demo version to give you a full version (effectively a site license under the old licensing scheme).

Name: Licensed Full Version
    Organisation: Licensed Full Version
    Activation Code: GLYQ5 RLR90 TDWUR 2Q7L5 6LR29
    Last edited by runcmd; 23rd September 2010 at 12:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Cheers dude!

Thank Post
    Any one experienced APPCRASH after 10 users being important via the bulk wizard. 2k8

Tried running as admin plus changing compatibility to 2003. No luck.
    Last edited by Reta; 14th October 2011 at 07:17 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    I've mentioned this before - and I know it's not free but user import is just one of the many tasks you can automate (and delegate) - XIA Automation, very cheap considering what you can do with it, the ROI is very short - first few months we figure we got our money's worth.

I'm not affiliated with the company that provides it, but I will sing it's praises because it is that good.
    Indeed, if you're willing to pay Automate creation of user accounts in Active Directory, Exchange mailboxes and more

Thank Post
    I just use a scheduled export of our sql database to a csv. I then have a vbs scripts that creates all of my accounts, adds to groups and puts in the right OUs based on the csv. It runs twice a day as a scheduled task. Very simple. It even logs to a seperate .log file.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have posted this as it is free tool for anyone so feel it is not an advert. However mods feel free to remove post if feel that to close to advertising...

Impero do have a free tool on our website for importing into csv to AD (anyone can use it do not need to have Impero just a way for us to give back etc). Can download at http://t.co/5TobZad how to use at Impero - Network and Lab Management Software.

Russell
    Last edited by russdev; 16th October 2011 at 08:19 AM.

14. Thanks to russdev from:

MrMDStreet (4th July 2014)

Thank Post
    neat looking forward to testing it out

16. Thanks to Reta from:

russdev (17th October 2011)

Thank Post
    I tried this today and got an error

System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExcep tion (0x8007202B): A referral was returned from the server.... etc

EDIT

Got it to work. Added the .exe to Data Execution Prevention's exception list.

but got a few errors out of 200 users i saw 3 such as....

System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExcep tion (0x8007001F): A device attached to the system is not functioning. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007001F)
    at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChan ges()
    at ImperoADClient.clsADManager.AddUser(String strPath, String strUsername, String strPassword, String strFirstname, String strSurname, String strHomeDrive, String strHomeFolderPath, String strProfilePath, String strLogonScript, Boolean bCreateHF, Boolean bCreatePF, String strDescription)

System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExcep tion (0x8007001F): A device attached to the system is not functioning. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007001F)
    at ImperoADClient.clsADManager.AddUser(String strPath, String strUsername, String strPassword, String strFirstname, String strSurname, String strHomeDrive, String strHomeFolderPath, String strProfilePath, String strLogonScript, Boolean bCreateHF, Boolean bCreatePF, String strDescription)

&

System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExcep tion (0x80072032): An invalid dn syntax has been specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072032)

It was due to some spacing guys. I anyone knows of a formula to delete spacing. its too many users to double check. next batch will be 2000
    Last edited by Reta; 17th October 2011 at 09:01 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast