+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Electronic Reprographics Form in Technical; Hi, Does anyone subit Reprographics jobs Electronicly? Currently we just use abit of paper. What do you guys do? Thanks...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,448 Posts
    Blog Entries

Electronic Reprographics Form

Hi,

Does anyone subit Reprographics jobs Electronicly? Currently we just use abit of paper. What do you guys do?

Thanks

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 866 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We have a shared folder on the server [staff have a short cut on the desktop]

Anything they want printed/copied by Reprographics staff drag the file over to the Reprographics folder and drop it in.

FSRM automatically alerts Reporographics by E-Mail about the new file. If there are any special requirements [print 13 copies on yellow card,...] staff follow up with an E-Mail of their own.

It has been working here for over a year without complaint.

HTH.

Thank Post
    We have our paper form converted into a word document with only selected edittable fields, this can be emailed attached with the work they want copying/printing.

I'm considering coding a webpage with the options on (which changes availability of options as they select things), and they'll upload the file they want copying/printing (which then sends to repro mailbox with email formatted with instructions). Could potentially add in ability for it to open the uploaded file and calculate a cost estimate for the job... but that would be secondary attack...

Thank Post
    we use a paper based system for paper based reprographics (can I have this page of a book 20 times) and email for electronic submissions. I did trial a sharepoint solution not long ago but nothing was as simple or effective or simple as email.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
    My Last place did a major Admin reshuffle and during this i custom coded multiple PHP forms which submitted via email to the administration helpdesk (sitting withing Request Tracker which IT/Premises also used). Staff could also email direct to the admin staff helpdesk via Admin@school etc. Some staff complained (the busybody's) but on the whole it was accepted and best of all the Admin Team loved me so even more tea and biscuits

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    We're too small to have reprographics staff here, but at my last school I had a custom ASP.NET web form that basically emulated the paper forms they used before, and also allowed documents to be uploaded and attached to each request. Reprographics got email notifications with the full form submission plus links to the uploaded files on our server. When it was done, the reprographics staff could mark it as complete online and the requester would get an email saying their copying was ready for collection.

They kept the paper forms for jobs that needed to be done from hardcopy, but most staff took to the web form very quickly. The reprographics staff were also very pleased when I was was able to produce a graph from the database showing how quick their average turnaround time was when it was time for their performance reviews. Of course, this could backfire if your reprographics staff aren't as awesome as ours were.

Thank Post
    We've historically used paper-based forms for various things, but we're starting to move to Microsoft's InfoPath for things such as this.
    Fairly easy to create forms (can even import Word documents as the basis of a form), the jobs can be submitted by email or you can create databases for the form data to be submitted into.

Certainly worth a look if your users are used to Microsoft products.

Thank Post
    Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 20.02.31.png

We use a product called Firstclass as our mail server (The Leader in Enterprise Information Management | OpenText) have setup the following form for eletronic submission. Any submission ends up in the Repgraphics managers inbox. She will receive around 40 requests per day.

Thank Post
    Woah, that's weird - your school is called the same as mine - just viewed he creen shot and was freaked out for a moment!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattianuk View Post
    Woah, that's weird - your school is called the same as mine - just viewed he creen shot and was freaked out for a moment!
    The email came from within the school!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread