hi @nickbro ,
1) thanks for youe 7.8 version, I am installing it.
2) I am installing hap 7.8 form authentication, win 2008 r2, iis 7.5.
on the setup.aspx I have a red X Attachment 12461
even if integrate is enabled
background: I am installing hap 7.8 with basic authentication, win 2008 r2, iis 7.5.
I need some guidance to enable Some basic Web Events logged into a database
I have created a database called "hap-logging" on a different server called "server-sql.domain.com" which has SQL 2005 installed
I run "hap.sql" so now I have 2 tables on "hap-logging"
What should I add/modify now (please give me an example) ?
many thanks as usual
Open the web.config file. Look for the SQLConnectionString, and adjust the connection string.
Then in HAP+'s Config Page, set the Logon Tracker Provider to SQLConnectionString
ConnectionStrings.com - Forgot that connection string? Get it here! may be helpful
When you set the SQLConnection in the web.config, and then tell the Logon Tracker to use that connection, it should enable the web tracker link on the tracker homepage
I have change web.config and hapconfig.xml (
I have tried approx. 50 different connectionstrings but none of them worked. (please note that it is not the first time I do it)
1) did I forget something to enable webtracking ?
2) does it work with basic authentication ?
1) it should just work, can you paste your connection string (minus the sensitive bits)
2) It should do, but it hasn't been fully tested
thanks @nickbro for your reply.
here it is:
Data Source=server1;Initial Catalog=hap;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;
I have tried your string but unfortunately "no way". :wacko:
1)shoud I do anything else ? example enabling some "dll" something under "bin" folder ?
2) I suppose that in the table "WebTrackerEvents" something should appear after a student logged in the application.
many thanks for your time.
It should be working. Is there any errors being thrown by HAP+ when a student trys to log in?
I'm sure, I didn't. Can you post your tracker node from the hapconfig.xml file