+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, [HAP+][v8] - ALPHA 2 in Projects:; Attachment 14848 Home Access Plus+ Version 8 Alpha 2 I'm proud to present the v8 Alpha Release of Home Access ...
    Thank Post

Question [HAP+][v8] - ALPHA 2

Attachment 14848

Home Access Plus+ Version 8 Alpha 2

I'm proud to present the v8 Alpha Release of Home Access Plus+, exclusive to Edugeek.

This is an ALPHA release an is not intended for Production release

Screenshots

Attachment 14851Attachment 14850Attachment 14852Attachment 14849Attachment 14854
    Attachment 14853

Updated Documentation is available on codeplex: http://www.codeplex.com/Download?Pro...nloadId=465069, and attached to this post

Disclaimer:

By downloading any of the attached/linked versions you agree to test this version and report back (to this thread) any issues you encounter.

Downloads:
    Visit my SkyDrive (forum limit is 5mb, v8 is 8mb): http://sdrv.ms/Qfd4gP

The ALPHA 1 - PACKAGE is a test at this time to see if the Add Package from within IIS will work, if anyone is willing to test this, let me know, I think it's installed via the IIS Interface if you have the Web Platform Installer installed.

For Sky Drive API access, visit: https://manage.dev.live.com/ and get an application ID.

I hope it works ok, I haven't had much time to test the new features I added today (Homework)

I still need people to write the help documents, it can be done in word if needed (I can convert it). If you are willing to write some help documents, please write them and post them to edugeek.
    Last edited by nickbro; 5th August 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OOh, exciting!

I updated my "beta" instance with the V8 Alpha and tried to make use of my v8 pre-release hapconfig.xml file.. however, im getting errors (after i have entered username and password).

I have skim read the pdf and couldn't see anything that i'd have needed to add..

Any suggestions? (The above was from chrome, but ie and firefox\bug arent showing me much either)

Cheers as always!!
    Matt

Server Error in '/beta' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Configuration.LinkGroups..ctor(XmlDocument & doc) +327
    HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +170
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3063

Thank Post
    Have you tried deleting the config and re-creating it. Sounds like something is missing

Thank Post
    @mattgrimley I've put the pdb files into the ZIP file now, which should give you and me line numbers to look up for errors. If you wouldn't mind putting the .pdb files from the ~/bin/ folder of the zip into your bin folder it should tell me what's gone wrong.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey @nickbro

Two independent bits of information for you:

1> With the additional pdb files and dlls, i still get the same(ish) error, though the bold line is new and some of the numbers are different;

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Configuration.LinkGroups..ctor(XmlDocument & doc) +394
    HAP.Web.Configuration.Homepage.get_Groups() +97
    HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in h:\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CHS Extranet\HAP.Web\Default.aspx.cs:29
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3063

2> New Config

I did try to create a new config last night, but i hit a brick wall when adding Resources. I tried to add a room, the only bit of data i change is the room name and i get a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

When clicking the "Save" button at any stage, i dont see any feedback to say it has been saved okay.. The file get's created, but it ONLY contains the "version" string.

Thank Post
    Ok, I've uploaded Alpha 2 to my sky drive, it fixes the issue with not being able to click Save. I've tested it locally and it does save. Give it a try

Thank Post
    Alpha 2, v8.0802.1400 is now up, it fixes some of the issues in the original alpha 2 release.

Thank Post
    New installation video:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey Nick,

Got there in the end!!

there are two weird things that happen when upgrading (specifically from the v8 pre-release, but i presume from other versions):
    They both result in failures to load the site once you click login.

1> The #Me sub-group is created (despite its existance) and contains two typo's (the word inherit is spelled wrong) and a missing group name (important?):
    This was in my config PRE-Upgrade:
    Code:
          <Group name="Me" showto="All" subtitle="#me">
            <Link name="Me" showto="Inherit" description="" url="" icon="" target="" />
            <Link name="Password" showto="Inherit" description="" url="" icon="" target="" />
          </Group>
    This is my config after logging in:
    Code:
          <Group name="Me" showto="All" subtitle="#me">
            <Link name="Me" showto="Inherit" description="" url="" icon="" target="" />
            <Link name="Password" showto="Inherit" description="" url="" icon="" target="" />
          </Group>
          <Group showto="All" subtitle="#me">
            <Link name="Me" showto="Inerhit" description="" url="" icon="" target="" />
            <Link name="Password" showto="Inerhit" description="" url="" icon="" target="" />
          </Group>
    If i remove the added section, the original section works fine and moves me on to a new error;

2> Missing icons generate an error. Can i suggest a default "missing icon" icon?
    The new version uses different icons for several of the inbuilt apps: "Help Desk", "Access My Emails", "My Files", "Logon Tracker", "Hap Config"
    Correct the path to all of these icons and then it works.

Hope this is helpful!

More to come, im not seeing any homework section (am i supposed to be yet?) and my helpdesk isnt appearing to load properly.. I'll get to that hopefully tomorrow, though i am away for a bit, so it might be a couple of weeks.

It looks splendid!!

Best Regards,
    Matt

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    More on the Helpdesk Issue:

This is how the page looks when i load it:
    [HAP+][v8] - ALPHA 2-helpdesk.png

This is the Firebug information

Code:
    Modernizr.prefixed is not a function
           ...a + '")' }) + ");return n}")(r, b.frag) } function q(a) { a || (a = b); var c = ...
    modernizer.js (line 4)

missing ; before statement
    ...'true' : 'false') + '", "Subject": "' $("ticket-subject").val() + '"';      url ...
    /beta/helpdesk/ (line 260, col 978)
    Hope this helps!

Matt

Thank Post
    Should all be fixed in HAP.Web v8.0802.2000 ALPHA 2, which is on my skydrive now, see if it fixes it

Thank Post
    Just released v8.0802.2000, added an upgrade script to change the icons

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick replies!!

I've had a quick play with that latest one V2 (second release).

1> #Me Group

I still get the #Me Group added despite it already being there (this is possibly peculiar only to people who ran the v8 pre-release, so it's up to you to decide if its a problem worth fixing or not). The symptom is "An item with the same key... " error page. Simply removing the duplicate section from the XML solves this.

2> Icon Path updates

HelpDesk and HapConfig both get their paths updated, but on my site, MyFiles does not (could it be that the problem above prevents your update script from completing?)

3> Minor Helpdesk UI issue
    The floating arrow for the left-hand menu sits on top of one of the headers for the helpdesk (Google Chrome, ie9 and firefox)
    Name:  helpdesk UI issue.png
Views: 310
Size:  2.2 KB

4> Booking System UI Oddness (similar to issue with helpdesk that was fixed already)
    The booking system doesnt look quite right with the pop-out calendar displaying accross the top of the page.. a picture says a thousand words:
    [HAP+][v8] - ALPHA 2-booking-system.png

That's all i can see for now

I'm pretty much out of the office from tomorrow, so apologies in advance for not responding back after this!

All the best,
    Matt

Thank Post
    Thanks for this Matt, give Alpha 3 a try, the upgrade issue, is an odd one, since the Me addition is actually coded into v8.05, not v8.08, so it's quite an old build that wouldn't upgrade that. I've sorted the My Files upgrade out, missed changing one thing.
    Last edited by nickbro; 2nd August 2012 at 11:47 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey Nick,

Thanks again!

1> The #me table still duplicates, but as you said, that was something introduced in the pre-release, so its only likely to be used by very few people and those people should be competent to edit the xml file to correct it anyway
    2> The "myfiles" icon path upgrade works perfectly fine now
    3> The navigation place-holder no longer obscures the menus
    4> The booking system loads perfectly

Hopefully the upgrade will be quite robust.

For anyone else my only feedback is:

1> To avoid the "An item with the same key has already been added." error, check in hapconfig.xml and remove the duplicated <Group> ... <Group> at the very end of the group section.

2> To avoid a "Server Error in '/beta' Application. Parameter is not valid." check that all of your custom icons exist.. If you have a missing custom icon the header on the second page of the error page will display the icon name: [Exception: ~/images/icons/FremanIcons/behaviourwatcha.png]

Other than that, if you are on v7 - then this should be a lovely upgrade!

Matt

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast