+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, [HAP+][v8] - Homework in Projects:; Hi all, couldn't find my original post on the homework section, so here we go It's a planned feature for ...
    Thank Post

[HAP+][v8] - Homework

Hi all, couldn't find my original post on the homework section, so here we go

It's a planned feature for v8 (due out sometime over the summer 2012)

So the interface, will be pretty basic, listed on the right side will be a tree containing teachers who have put a homework exercise into HAP+ for which the user has access too (domain admins will have all, but students will only see teachers who have set a homework for). Expanding a teacher will show the homeworks for that teacher, clicking on a homework will allow the student to upload their homework. If the user has already submitted their homework, a link will be shown to delete the homework and reupload it.

Attachment 14179

Staff can add a homework via the New button in the top right, which will show this:Attachment 14180
    The option that isn't visible on that page yet is the Save the work to box. This will be a very simple option box (customizable by the admin) on where to save. The Save locations will need to have Admin Write access.

The default option will be the Homework Owner's Home Drive (%homedir%\hap homeworks\%title% %end date%\), though the options will be configurable via HAP+ Config.

The Stucture will always be:

HAP Homeworks\%title% %end date%

In this folder will sit a html page containing the details entered above (index.html) as well as each user's homework.

The user's homework will be renamed at upload to %username%.ext (where ext is the original extension). If more than 1 file are needed the user will have to ZIP the file 1st.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Very much looking forward to this Nick.

Will there eventually be any way of assigning homeworks via classes? I know this would require some sort of SIMS export which might link in with the timetable stuff you were looking at.. but perhaps in teh short-term they could be assigned via selectable AD groups? i.e. "Year 9". There would still be some redundant data displayed, but it would limit a year group to only seeing work assigned to that year.

It's looking fab anyway.

Matt

Thank Post
    Is this in place now then? I am running 8.7.1312.1700 but I cant find how to set-up the homework function

Thank Post
    visit myfiles/homework.aspx.

It's provided as an 'AS-IS' system though, I'll try and fix some things when I can.

Thank Post
    Cheers Nick, it loads for me but that's about all. Give me a shout if you want to go further with this and need someone to test it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Couple of things for this (tested in chrome):
    1> When creating a new homework - click on Start or End date and select a date from the pop-up calendar fails to set it (looks like it tries to set the dd but it skips back straight away).
    2> Students and Teachers browsers don't populate for me
    3> What / Where should the "Path" be and can we set a default somewhere? It currently defaults to the teachers homefolder, is this intended or just coincidental drive-letter choice?
    4> When saving the homework, the homework.aspx page doesnt refresh it's list (i.e. you need to F5 to see it).
    5> Spaces in the homework title are displayed using html markup (Test%202 instead of Test 2)

That's it for now At least, that stuff prevents me moving on to the next part of my test!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread