+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Server Error in '/hap' Application -intermittent error in Projects:; This is intermittent error only seen when user tries to access shared documents drive. Sometimes it works first hand, other ...

Thank Post

Server Error in '/hap' Application -intermittent error

This is intermittent error only seen when user tries to access shared documents drive.
    Sometimes it works first hand, other times it works after a couple of "reload" clicks..
    Very annoying, as it mentions "network path not found", but how is it that it can be found sometimes, but not always?
    Version 7.10 just upgraded to it from 7.8, but the cheeky message about the new version is still there...

Server Error in '/hap' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The network path was not found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IOException: The network path was not found.
    ]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +9724338
    System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonIni t() +245
    System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(Str ing path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler) +556
    System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetDirectories(Str ing searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) +64
    System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories() +14
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.DataBind() +5771
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +16
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Thank Post
    I found out that it was a space in the share name so I created another share name on the same folder, without a space and modified my files reference in hap config editor. Now it works 100% every time its called.

Thank Post
    Correction, its still playing up - sometimes it throws the same error, but it mostly works in "extended mode", errors seen less frequently. Was too optimistic when I added share name without spaces.

Thank Post
    Does this error happen in the My Files v8 Preview?? i.e. /myfiles/ instead of mycomputersl.aspx?

The My Computer is being replaced with My Files in v8

Thank Post
    I have v7.10, no idea where to find v8 (maybe its in some less obvious download link).
    Going back to installation instructions, re "process model identity", where exactly it says to set it as "network service"? Maybe in the old extranet under iis7 youtube clip.
    Intruction manual posted under hap.codeplex.com/documentation is a pdf document that has no mention of settings for "process model" in the advanced section ) just check steps 1 - 36 for IIS 7.
    It just happens that a lot of references on the Internet, to this particular error "network path not found" stem from having wrong kind of account running the actual application, and it seems that "network service" should be used, when shared folder sits on another server in the same domain.
    Last edited by dosh; 3rd June 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Thank Post
    It shouldn't be network service, it should be application pool identity. HAP+ Impersonates the logged in user when it needs to (when performing network ops), as such Network Service is not required.

Thank Post
    yes it set to be the app pool identity. However the original issue remains - intermittent access to shared drive only. My docs and another shared folder never fail to open. Because shared documents contains lots of files & folders its probably having problems enumerating them all before they get displayed. Anyway basic or extened view it just does not always work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    It shouldn't be network service, it should be application pool identity. HAP+ Impersonates the logged in user when it needs to (when performing network ops), as such Network Service is not required.
    Home Access Plus 4 Installation under IIS7 - YouTube
    @ 1.46 "change identity to network service"

OK, this was version 4, but even if this is set as app pool identity, shared documents drive has no green bar like my documents etc, and the annoying "try my files beta" keeps popping up. Also the green tickmarks in setup screen, sometimes change to red for no good reason, only to go back to green 15 min later on another pc.
    Last edited by dosh; 6th June 2012 at 09:44 PM.

Thank Post
    Very odd. The older my computer and silverlight browsers are now not supported. You can switch the my files full time if you find it stable by changing all links to ~/mycomputer.aspx to ~/myfiles/

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread