+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, [HAP+][v8] - Live Tiles in Projects:; Here's a little pressie for those running an exchange server, Live Tiles will be coming in HAP+ v8. Every 30 ...
    Thank Post

[HAP+][v8] - Live Tiles

Here's a little pressie for those running an exchange server, Live Tiles will be coming in HAP+ v8. Every 30 seconds a HAP+ tile will ping the server to get an update, only managed to code the exchange email notification so far.

Attachment 13633
    The plan is to have live tiles for:

1. Exchange Emails
    2. Exchange Calendar
    3. HAP+ Help Desk Tickets
    4. HAP+ Booking System Reminders
    5. Homework's due.

The tiles won't be limited to the standard tile size, they could be wider (up to 3 tiles wide I'm thinking at the moment)

What do you lot think?

BTW, Exchange hits are done using Exchange Web Services (EWS), so with the exception of HAP+, no middle man

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That sound like a nifty addition

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    BTW, Exchange hits are done using Exchange Web Services (EWS), so with the exception of HAP+, no middle man
    Academic question coz I've done EWS: How are you getting to the exchange service? Explicitly or via autodiscover? And is that with the users credentials or impersonation?

[I'm essentially wondering about whether that Exchange could be Live@Edu/Office365 where autodiscover+impersonation via some admin account with access to mailboxes could work]
    Last edited by PiqueABoo; 17th April 2012 at 11:23 PM.

Thank Post
    it's https, there's going to be a new config setting (exchange, under SMTP). So you enter e.g. schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk, hap+ will add https:// and /ews/exchange.asmx. Uses the Exchange EWS API SDK.

It doesn't impersonate, it'll log on as the user using the HAP+ Authentication Token

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    wow, looks nice

Thank Post
    Another tile, the calendar tile (it uses the outlook calendar. I may make a timetable tile as well)
    Attachment 13684
    It updates every 30 seconds as well (I may increase this to 60 seconds), and, again, uses EWS.

Thank Post
    Some more live tiles:
    Attachment 13714Attachment 13715Attachment 13716Attachment 13717

The me tile will have the student photo in it if the student photo handler is enabled, and the user has a UPN set in AD (usually in the employeeID field)

Thank Post
    Full animated screen shot of the new look homepage in action (still a work in progress, going to add some stuff to the Me Page)
    Attachment 13722

9. 2 Thanks to nickbro:

gavlar (29th April 2012), mattgrimley (23rd April 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Wow! That looks fab Nick!

Really nice work.

Thank Post
    Here's what I just redesigned my HAP+ homepage into, also added the Me tab.

Attachment 13738

Still planned:

• Server Uptime Tile (will use the default windows performance monitors, hopefully, should impersonate the administrator user)
      • A tile for each server on your domain

• Booking System Tile (shows today/tomorrow's bookings)
    • Help Desk Tile (shows your current tickets)

Note about the GIFs (the yellow on link clicks and textbox hovers is part of Crickhowell High School's CSS

Also for anyone wanting a Cookie blurb for your website concerning the ECC Directive on Cookies, you can see it on CHS's website (http://www.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/about/cookies), where you can also see what cookies HAP+ uses

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @nickbro that looks fab mate. Really exciting stuff.

Are you permitting re-use of your cookies blurb? It seems really detailed and would save some serious hastle.. How would i make it pop-up on the home page?

Thanks again for all you do!!

Matt

Thank Post
    Reuse is fine, i nicked some of the stuff off the www.GOV.uk page. Cause I use wordpress I just installed the EU Directive Plugin

Thank Post
    Just finishing off the live tiles bit, should be getting checked into source control at 3pm BST

Attachment 13788Attachment 13789

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Tried to build the DLL's but Visuall C# express edition doesn't support "Solution Folders" - so it makes Bin, Installers and a bunch of other stuff unavailable.. I think this then stops a bunch of the dll's from compiling. I may need to be patient!

Thank Post
    The solution folders can be ignored really, as they are only for the quota services.

Attached is an ALPHA 7.12 upgrade release that enables these features.

Here is my config to get it working:

HTML Code:
     <Links>
          <Group name="Resources" showto="Domain Admins, CRI Teaching Staff, CRI Non-Teach Staff" subtitle="">
            <Link name="Me" showto="Inherit" description="About Me and Change My Password" url="#me" icon="" target="" type="me" />
            <Link name="My Files" showto="Inherit" description="Access your School Files" url="~/myfiles/" icon="~/images/icons/white/net.png" target="" type="myfiles" />
            <Link name="Access My Emails" showto="Inherit" description="Access Outlook Web App" url="https://schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/owa/" icon="~/images/icons/white/email.png" target="" type="exchange.unread" />
            <Link name="Calendar" showto="Inherit" description="My Calendar" url="https://schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/owa/" icon="#calendar" target="" type="exchange.appointments" />
            <Link name="Help Desk" showto="Inherit" description="Log/View a Support Ticket" url="~/helpdesk/" icon="~/images/icons/white/helpdesk.png" target="" type="helpdesk" />
            <Link name="Booking System" showto="Inherit" description="Book an IT Resource" url="~/bookingsystem/" icon="" target="" type="bookings" />
          </Group>
          <Group name="Resources and Remote Apps" showto="CRI Students" subtitle="Username for remote apps needs to start with &quot;crick\&quot;">
            <Link name="Me" showto="Inherit" description="About Me/Change My Password" url="#me" icon="" target="" type="me" />
            <Link name="My Files" showto="Inherit" description="Access your School Files" url="~/myfiles/" icon="~/images/icons/white/net.png" target="" type="myfiles" />
            <Link name="Access My Emails" showto="Inherit" description="Access Outlook Web App" url="https://schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/owa/" icon="~/images/icons/white/email.png" target="" type="exchange.unread" />
            <Link name="Calendar" showto="Inherit" description="My Calendar" url="https://schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/owa/" icon="#calendar" target="" type="exchange.appointments" />
            <Link name="My Timetable" showto="Inherit" description="View/Print My Timetable" url="~/timetable.aspx" icon="~/images/icons/bookingsystem.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Math" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Maths App" url="~/rdp/smath.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/smath-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Base" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Access Alternative" url="~/rdp/sbase.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/sbase-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Calc" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Excel Alternative" url="~/rdp/scalc.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/scalc-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Draw" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Paint Alternative" url="~/rdp/sdraw.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/sdraw-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Impress" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Publisher Alternative" url="~/rdp/simpress.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/simpress-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Writer" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Word Alternative" url="~/rdp/swriter.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/swriter-app.png" target="" />
          </Group>
          <Group name="Remote Apps" showto="Domain Admins, CRI Teaching Staff, CRI Non-Teach Staff" subtitle="Username for remote apps needs to start with &quot;crick\&quot;">
            <Link name="SIMS" showto="Inherit" description="Open SIMS.net" url="~/rdp/SIMS Remote.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/SIMS-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Targeter" showto="Inherit" description="Open Targeter" url="~/rdp/targeter launcher.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/targeter-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Excel" showto="Inherit" description="Open Microsoft Office Excel 2010" url="~/rdp/excel.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/excel-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Powerpoint" showto="Inherit" description="Open Microsoft Office Excel 2010" url="~/rdp/POWERPNT.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/powerpnt-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Publisher" showto="Inherit" description="Open Microsoft Office Publisher 2010" url="~/rdp/MSPUB.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/mspub-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Word" showto="Inherit" description="Open Microsoft Office Word 2010" url="~/rdp/winword.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/winword-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Math" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Maths App" url="~/rdp/smath.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/smath-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Base" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Access Alternative" url="~/rdp/sbase.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/sbase-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Calc" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Excel Alternative" url="~/rdp/scalc.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/scalc-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Draw" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Paint Alternative" url="~/rdp/sdraw.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/sdraw-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Impress" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Publisher Alternative" url="~/rdp/simpress.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/simpress-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Libre Office Writer" showto="Inherit" description="Open a Free Word Alternative" url="~/rdp/swriter.rdp" icon="~/images/icons/white/swriter-app.png" target="" />
            <Link name="A R Scales" showto="Inherit" description="Adaptive Reading Scales" url="~/rdp/adaptivereadingscales.rdp" icon="" target="" />
          </Group>
          <Group name="Management" showto="Domain Admins" subtitle="">
            <Link name="RM Management" showto="Inherit" description="RM Management Console" url="/rmmc/" icon="/images/rmmc.png" target="" />
            <Link name="Logon Tracker" showto="Inherit" description="View the Logon History" url="~/tracker/" icon="~/images/icons/white/tracker.png" target="" />
            <Link name="HAP+ Config" showto="Inherit" description="Home Access Plus+ Config" url="~/setup.aspx" icon="~/images/icons/white/setup.png" target="" />
            <Link name="CRI-SVR-001" showto="Inherit" description="Uptime" url="#" icon="" target="" type="uptime:cri-svr-001" />
            <Link name="CRI-SVR-002" showto="Inherit" description="Uptime" url="#" icon="" target="" type="uptime:cri-svr-002" />
            <Link name="CRI-SVR-003" showto="Inherit" description="Uptime" url="#" icon="" target="" type="uptime:cri-svr-003" />
            <Link name="CRI-EXCH-001" showto="Inherit" description="Uptime" url="#" icon="" target="" type="uptime:cri-exch-001" />
            <Link name="CRI-Diskbox" showto="Inherit" description="Uptime" url="#" icon="" target="" type="uptime:cri-diskbox" />
          </Group>
          <Group name="Me" showto="All" subtitle="#me">
            <Link name="Me" showto="Inherit" description="" url="" icon="" target="" />
            <Link name="Password" showto="Inherit" description="" url="" icon="" target="" />
          </Group>
        </Links>
    If you want to use EWS tiles, you will need to add

Code:
    exchange="schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk"
    (change schoolmail to your exchange client access server external address (can be internal as well))
    to the SMTP section

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast