+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, [HAP+][v8] - Live Tiles in Projects:; Word of warning on the server uptimes, if you find they're causing high load, you may want to edit the ...

Thank Post
    Word of warning on the server uptimes, if you find they're causing high load, you may want to edit the hap.web.js.js file and increase they're timeout. They will only work with AD joined PCs as it impersonates the Administrator Account

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Word of warning on the server uptimes, if you find they're causing high load, you may want to edit the hap.web.js.js file and increase they're timeout. They will only work with AD joined PCs as it impersonates the Administrator Account
    Changed it to 60000 which seems to equate to 60 seconds - The default was starting a new query before the first query had returned
    (it's at the end of line 187 for any other noobs)

Fab.. Time for a cold beer for me in advance of the match!

(Before i go though, once i've populated my groups, i'm getting the contents of the "Me" group being displayed at the bottom of the first group. It all seems to work still, but just displaying in the wrong place.. I noticed it earlier, but it went away when i reverted to your example groups - I have a bit more in my groups and can dm them if required...)

Cheers again mate,
    Matt

(P.S. Thanks to Paul too, nice first post - i salute you!)

Thank Post
    Just testing it on my tablet, and it works, though the json calls need https to work properly.

Odd that your getting that, it shouldn't be happening

if you can post what links your using I'll have a look into it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    hapconfig.rar

Hey Nick,

Couldnt post in a DM (maximum character length and no ability to attach a file)..
    So, dm'd you the rar password!

Matt

Thank Post
    got it and the password, will look at it now, do you have a screenshot as well of the issue

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    [HAP+][v8] - Live Tiles-screenie.png

Here you go

Thank Post
    Very odd, I just added a few groups and can't get it to duplicate it (had 10 groups running).

Any chance of getting access to that page to do some firebug debugging? If you know how to use firebug (I think chrome dev tools do it too) to inspect the CSS & HTML on that div to see what's causing it to do that.

Thank Post
    Thanks - stepping back a bit to the exchange thing - i'm trying to decide from the second paragraph of msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb856547(v=exchg.140).aspx [forum wont allow links to be posted until I get a post count of 2 :P], whether we should really make sure it matches - to quote:

"Requests that do not include version headers are handled as requests from the initial release version of Exchange 2007. If the Exchange 2010 version is not specified, schema validation errors might occur because the request will be validated against the initial release version of the Exchange Web Services schema instead of the Exchange 2010 version of the schema."

Reading that, that would also imply it should be working already I think....

Thank Post
    I'll add a ExchangeVersion attribute to the SMTP in the next release so you choose what exchange version to use

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey Nick,
    Attached is a screenie of the "Me" panel after manually reducing its width. You can see on the left hand side, half of a button which has carried over from the top row of the "Management" panel which is what is causing the problem:
    [HAP+][v8] - Live Tiles-hap-gui-oddness.png

On an slightly unrelated note... On your nbdev website, you have a project to export timetables from SIMS.net to Exchange.. I've downloaded, edited and compiled the project, but the link to the SIMS report is missing - is that project likely to work? Does it require matching usersnames in SIMS and Exchange and do you have a copy of that report lying around?

(Your timetable link for students made me think it's something i'd like to make some progress on!

Cheers,
    Matt

Thank Post
    On the Live Tiles issue, hmm, how to fix that....

Undo the changes you made the default.aspx file and try these changes instead (default.aspx file):

Replace
    Code:
    $("#HomeButtons").css("width", ($("#HomeButtons > div").length * $("#HomeButtonsOutter").width()) + "px");
    with
    Code:
    $("#HomeButtons").css("width", (($("#HomeButtons > div").length * $("#HomeButtonsOutter").width()) + 20) + "px");
    increase the 20 as needed to get the me tab to fall back into alignment, let me know on the outcome and I'll add it to source control

you will need to import the report into sims for that to work, if I've forgotten to add that to that page let me know and I'll fish it out.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well, good news and bad news..

Changing that to 200 makes it look perfect.. when full screen..

Now to move the goal-posts..
    When the browser is not full-screen (as in the screen-shot below), the start position of each "panel" shifts to the right by about 20 pixels per panel.. That should be visibile in the animated gif below.. if it works!

Matt
    [HAP+][v8] - Live Tiles-untitled.gif
    (You might have to enlarge it to get it to animate.. not sure how you include such big thumbnails @nickbro

Thank Post
    Ok, hmm, will need to add something else:

Code:
            <script type="text/javascript">
                var scrollpos = 0;
                $("#HomeButtons").css(("width", ($("#HomeButtons > div").length * $("#HomeButtonsOutter").width()) + 200) + "px");
                if ($("#HomeButtons > div").length == 1) $("#rightscoll, #leftscroll").hide();
                $("#HomeButtons .panel").css("width", $("#HomeButtonsOutter").width() + "px");
                $("#leftscroll").click(function () {
                    if (scrollpos > 0) {
                        scrollpos--;
                        $("#HomeButtonsOutter").animate({ scrollLeft: (scrollpos * ($("#HomeButtonsOutter").width() - 20) + (scrollpos * 20)) });
                        $("#HomeButtonsHeader h1").removeClass("active");
                        $("#HomeButtonsHeader h1")[scrollpos].className = "active";
                    }
                    return false;
                });
                $("#rightscoll").click(function () {
                    if (scrollpos < ($("#HomeButtons > div").length - 1)) {
                        scrollpos++;
                        $("#HomeButtonsOutter").animate({ scrollLeft: (scrollpos * ($("#HomeButtonsOutter").width() - 20) + (scrollpos * 20)) });
                    }
                    return false;
                });
                $(window).resize(function() {
                    $("#HomeButtons").css(("width", ($("#HomeButtons > div").length * $("#HomeButtonsOutter").width()) + 200) + "px");
                });
                $(document).ready(function () {
                    $("#HomeButtonsHeader h1 a").click(function () {
                        scrollpos = $(this).parent().index();
                        this.parentNode.className = "active";
                        return false;
                    });
                    $("#HomeButtonsHeader h1:first").addClass("active");
                    $('input[type=submit]').button();
                    $("#rightscoll, #leftscroll").css("height", $("#HomeButtonsOutter").height() + "px").css("line-height", $("#HomeButtonsOutter").height() + "px");
                });
            </script>

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    hmm that seems to have broken the panels for me.. they all just appear on the first page under each other..

I'm just going to reset my installation from the "sourcecode" files however, as we have been playing in that default.aspx!

Thank Post
    Try this:

Code:
            <script type="text/javascript">
                var scrollpos = 0;
                $("#HomeButtons").css("width", (($("#HomeButtons > div").length * $("#HomeButtonsOutter").width()) + 200) + "px");
                if ($("#HomeButtons > div").length == 1) $("#rightscoll, #leftscroll").hide();
                $("#leftscroll").click(function () {
                    if (scrollpos > 0) {
                        scrollpos--;
                    }
                    return false;
                });
                $("#rightscoll").click(function () {
                    if (scrollpos < ($("#HomeButtons > div").length - 1)) {
                        scrollpos++;
                    }
                    return false;
                });
                $(window).resize(function() {
                    $("#HomeButtons").css("width", (($("#HomeButtons > div").length * $("#HomeButtonsOutter").width()) + 200) + "px");
                });
                $(document).ready(function () {
                    $("#HomeButtonsHeader h1 a").click(function () {
                        scrollpos = $(this).parent().index();
                        this.parentNode.className = "active";
                        return false;
                    });
                    $("#HomeButtonsHeader h1:first").addClass("active");
                    $('input[type=submit]').button();
                    $("#rightscoll, #leftscroll").css("height", $("#HomeButtonsOutter").height() + "px").css("line-height", $("#HomeButtonsOutter").height() + "px");
                });
            </script>

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast