+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP - v7.10 - MyFiles Error in Projects:; Hello, We have just recently upgraded to HAP v7.10 and whilst everything is working well, whenever we try to use ...

Thank Post

HAP - v7.10 - MyFiles Error

Hello,

We have just recently upgraded to HAP v7.10 and whilst everything is working well, whenever we try to use the new myfiles we get the following error:

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.get_Local() +153
    HAP.Web.Controls.LocalResource.get__doc() +154
    HAP.Web.Controls.LocalResource.Render(HtmlTextWrit er writer) +56

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The string homeaccessplus cannot be found]
    HAP.Web.Controls.LocalResource.Render(HtmlTextWrit er writer) +508
    ASP.myfiles_default_aspx.__Render__control3(HtmlTe xtWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Te mporary ASP.NET Files\hap\55cd546f\70e6ba5a\App_Web_xwyf5hsq.0.cs: 0
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +131
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren (HtmlTextWriter writer) +315
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter writer) +48
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5290

Any solutions to this will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    You need to update the Localized XML files located in the ~/app_localresources/en-gb/ folder, seems you don't have the latest version in that folder

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    You need to update the Localized XML files located in the ~/app_localresources/en-gb/ folder, seems you don't have the latest version in that folder
    Hello,

Thanks for your quick response. However, I am not sure how I go about updating these - do I manually do it or can the updated ones be downloaded from hap.codeplex.com?

Thanks again,

Jonathan.

Thank Post
    What he said ^^^

Thank Post
    Download the full version from codeplex, and extract the app_localresources folder

Thank Post
    Thanks Nick i replaced the ~/app_localresources/en-gb/ folder but i still get the below error when i try to use the my files beta feature.. It is confusing my staff, is there any way i can turn the beta feature off for now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.get_Local() +153
    HAP.Web.Controls.LocalResource.get__doc() +154
    HAP.Web.Controls.LocalResource.Render(HtmlTextWrit er writer) +56

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The string homeaccessplus cannot be found]
    HAP.Web.Controls.LocalResource.Render(HtmlTextWrit er writer) +508
    ASP.myfiles_default_aspx.__Render__control3(HtmlTe xtWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Te mporary ASP.NET Files\hap\55cd546f\70e6ba5a\App_Web_b4uxme3p.1.cs: 0
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +131
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren (HtmlTextWriter writer) +315
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter writer) +48
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5290

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Thank Post
    Ok, very odd, attached is the xml file you need

Thank Post
    Ok, so i took the files in the zip and pasted them into inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\App_LocalResources\en-gb replacing the files that were there already.... I still get the error... I also tried rebooting the HAP box :/

Thank Post
    So is there a way to turn the my files feature off if it isnt going to work here correctly? It is just confusing matters for staff here...

Thank Post
    Can you confirm that this exists in the ~/App_LocalResources/en-gb/strings.xml file:
    HTML Code:
    <homeaccessplus>Home Access Plus+</homeaccessplus>
    If it doesn't add it to the top of the file

HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <hapStrings>
      <homeaccessplus>Home Access Plus+</homeaccessplus>

Thank Post
    To disable my files, easiest way is to remove the my files link on the HAP+ homepage

Thank Post
    Thanks Nick, that line does already exist in the strings.xml. When i said Disable the feature i didnt mean disable access to files altogther, I just meant disable the My files Beta as enhanced and basic file access both seemed to work ok.

Thank Post
    We are still having issues with the MyFiles of HAP 7.10 - the error is as below:

Thank Post
    Yes, I have also seen issues with MyFiles Beta - first of all it confuses people as it comes right up looking like unwanted pop-up on your screen, and it has bugs that still need resolving (as seen from this post etc). So how to remove it quickly please?

Thank Post
    It doesn't have any bugs, I've not seen any posts about a problem with My Files v8 Preview.

If you still want to use mycomputer and want to stop the popup, you will need to do some editting of the mycomputer.aspx page. There's some jquery code that displays the message. I can't give you line numbers as my install doesn't have mycomputer any more (I'm on the v8 alpha trunk)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread