+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP+ v7.10 - setup.aspx Checks failing in Projects:; Hey Nick, Everything seems to be working fine within 7.10 - i rolled it out to all users and no ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

HAP+ v7.10 - setup.aspx Checks failing

Hey Nick,

Everything seems to be working fine within 7.10 - i rolled it out to all users and no complaints so far!

When i load up the setup.aspx file - the first page has a Checks section with "IIS7 Intergated Pipeline", "Services Activated" and "App_Data Write Accss[sic]" - but they are all followed by fat red crosses.

Any ideas?

Also, the myfiles-users.txt in the <appdata> folder used to write each user to a seperate line, but they are now all just written to the same line with no spacing. No idea what that is used for or if it is important.. i was just using it to see who had clicked for the beta view on MyFiles

Cheers,
    Matt

Thank Post
    The myfiles-users.txt is used to show the help/welcome screen when a user first accesses my files.

Odd that your getting red crosses on the setup page. Any javascript errors popping up?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Wierdly enough, i just tried the setup.aspx from home and i get all ticks.. must be some quirk in my proxy server config or some such!

As for the myfiles-users.txt.. i presume a lack of spacing between usernames will yield it inefective? I am fairly sure i have seen the myfiles beta pop-up several times.. though it seems to locally cache the response which makes testing hard..

example of myfiles-users.txt file:
    User1GeorgeUser2User3AdminUser4User5

how it used to look:
    User1
    George
    User2
    User3
    etc etc...

Matt

Thank Post
    RE the user.txt file, it's not meant to be spaced for carriage returned. The system looks for the username in the file, could prove difficult for some users, which I may put a fix it at some point, it was just meant to be a easy hack to log the users. It's also case sensitive, so you may get it pop up if you log in with different cased usernames

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    meh!

The setup.aspx doesnt get it's "Browser Mode" settings from the same place as the rest of the site does it? It's running in "IE7 standards" mode.

Adding the meta data to the setup.aspx makes it work fine:

Code:
    <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Setup.aspx.cs" Inherits="HAP.Web.Setup" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="HAP.Web" Namespace="HAP.Web.Controls" TagPrefix="hap" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
        <head runat="server">
            <meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=edge">
            <title>Home Access Plus+ - Setup</title>
            <link rel="shortcut icon" href="~/favicon.ico" />
            <script src="Scripts/jquery-1.7.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="Scripts/jquery-ui-1.8.16.custom.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="Scripts/jquery.dynatree.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="Scripts/jquery-Gtimepicker.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <link href="~/style/jquery-ui.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
            <link href="~/style/basestyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
            <link href="style/setup.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
            <link href="style/ui.dynatree.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
            <link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="~/favicon.ico" />
            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />
            <hap:HAPTag runat="server" />
        </head>
        <body>

MAtt

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread