+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Did i make a woopsie? in Projects:; Hi Guys First of all want to say that this HAP thing looks great and youve done a great job ...
    Thank Post

Did i make a woopsie?

Hi Guys

First of all want to say that this HAP thing looks great and youve done a great job on it Nick =-)

Ive finally got a test hap up and running internally and i think i made a boo boo, i forgot to add the active directory stuff to the site so i cant login, regardless of the username i use be it a domain admin, staff or pupil, i cant get access to hap.

Can anyone help? i have tried getting back to the setup.aspx but it just puts me back onto the login screen.

Thanks!

Thank Post
    How long ago did you set HAP+ up? Can you check IIS that anonymous authentication is still enabled on the HAP site? Open the web.config file, look for the <location path="setup.aspx"> and delete that section.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    How long ago did you set HAP+ up? Can you check IIS that anonymous authentication is still enabled on the HAP site? Open the web.config file, look for the <location path="setup.aspx"> and delete that section.
    Hey Nick,

Got that issue sorted, just recopied everything and reset it all. I got it working but as i was adding drive maps, something happened to break it again. Instead of messing about i just deleted it all and started again.

Anyway, it worked for a while and has now stopped again, again i copied everything over again and checked the setup docs and as far as i can see everything is fine, but whenever i visit the site i get the following:

erver Error in '/HAP' Application.

The specified string parameter is empty.
    Parameter name: name

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The specified string parameter is empty.
    Parameter name: name

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The specified string parameter is empty.
    Parameter name: name]
    System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Directory Context..ctor(DirectoryContextType contextType, String name) +386810
    HAP.AD.ADUtils.FriendlyDomainToLdapDomain(String friendlyDomainName) +28
    HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +811
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
    Extracted 7.10 but that has the same issue. Anything ive missed?

Thank Post
    check the ~/appdata/hapConfig.xml file, specifically the <ad> node. Looks like the AD UPN is missing

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread