+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP Error: System.NullReferenceException in Projects:; Hi I am having some difficulty finishing the configuration. When I browse to the setup page and enter the AD ...

Thank Post

HAP Error: System.NullReferenceException

Hi

I am having some difficulty finishing the configuration. When I browse to the setup page and enter the AD username and password, I get this:

Server Error in '/hap' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Setup.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +77
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +153
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3690

Any other changes made save perfectly. I would appreciate any help. Looks like a great system.

Thanks

Ben

Thank Post
    Are you hitting enter after you have entered your username and password. If so HAP+ is attempting to SAVE and incomplete Config File, don't hit enter after you type the password in, instead hit TAB or click in the next box

Thank Post
    Thanks for a swift reply Nick, much appreciated. I have tried your suggestion, tabbing or clicking in the next box but it happens as soon as I click away. Also, the general page is showing a red cross next to "services activated". Not sure if that's relevant. On the AD page I have base settings with a red cross but the Active Directory User List OU bit with a green tick.

Thank Post
    Services Activated need to have a green tick in, should be 3 greens. Browse to /hap/api/setup and see what error message is reported.

You can try removing the .svg mime mapping in the web.config, as this, for some, has fixed the problem.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick. I got it running last night after following another thread about certificates and https, now comes the rest of the config. Looking forward to trying all the features and will be just what we need here. The booking system is a nice bonus too and will enable me to move away from the sharepoint setup I was using. Thanks again for your help, I may be in touch again soon.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread