+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Couple of Questions in Projects:; Been a couple of months since I've been able to do an update and have moved to V7.9. However, not ...

Thank Post

Couple of Questions

Been a couple of months since I've been able to do an update and have moved to V7.9. However, not keeping up with what's been happening I've a couple of questions. So if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

There were a couple of development things Nick had going and I was wondering if these are working now, as when I go to the web url they are not functioning.

So first one, under booking system the 'Display.aspx' should that be functioning now?

'Timetable.aspx' I get the page no problem and I impersonate a user but nothing appears. Also noticed my timetableexport.xml is twice the size of the timetable.xml.

Then finally a feature request to Nick, in the room bookings you have Year 7, Year 8 etc. May I ask that this could be something that can be configured as we're a middle school and only have years 5 to 8. It's not a massive job to edit the room bookings default.aspx, just that I keep forgetting to do it on a update! :P

Thanks in advance to any that can help and as usual, compliments to Nick for producing this top notch product!

Thank Post
    You can delete timetableexport.xml once the import has completed, timetable.xml is meant to be smaller, as it removes stuff.

The impersonate feature will only work with either the username (with UPN in the employeeID or in the RM UPN field) or directly with a UPN, if you fill both boxes it HAP+ can get confused.

The format of the display board page is /hap/bookingsystem/resource/display the resource needs to match what is in the hapConfig.xml, it's case sensitive.

To change the year options, open Default.aspx in notepad or the like, go to line 33:

HTML Code:
     <label for="bfyear">Year: </label><select id="bfyear"><option value="">---</option><option value="Year 7">Year 7</option><option value="Year 8">Year 8</option><option value="Year 9">Year 9</option><option value="Year 10">Year 10</option><option value="Year 11">Year 11</option><option value="Year 12">Year 12</option><option value="Year 13">Year 13</option><option value="A-Level">A-Level</option></select>
    Change the options in this to what you want. Leave the --- though

e.g.

HTML Code:
     <label for="bfyear">Year: </label><select id="bfyear"><option value="">---</option><option value="Year 5">Year 5</option><option value="Year 6">Year 6</option><option value="Year 7">Year 7</option><option value="Year 8">Year 8</option></select>

Thank Post
    Hi Nick, sorry for delay in reply! I knew where the list options was, just I always forget to change them when I update (if I overwrite the file). :P

Thanks for the file url on the display it's working great. (Now showing on the Staff room display screen). I was going /bookingsystem/Display.aspx.

Finally, the timetable, all appears right, but it still wont impersonate. I'm guessing I've done something on the Sims export. Will look at it again.

Have finally gone 'live' with version 7.9 today, had been holding back and the staff had been using v6.something. Nice staff here, but they hate change! :P

Thank Post
    Sorry to be a nuisance Nick, I've managed to get the timetable displaying now through impersonation (using the UPN). Note to others days must be Mon1:x, Tue2:x, Wed3:x, Thu4:x, Fri5:x, and so on up to 10 if you have a two week timetable. The x should be lesson number or registration time, ie Tue2:3 would be Tuesday lesson 3 and Wed3:Reg would be Wednesday registration time. Both of them being week one.

However, as a student logged in, or attempting impersonation through a username it does not display. (Have all the UPN's in the RM field.)

Also, although we have two registration periods during the day only one is timetabled. This is in the morning, the second one is betweeen lesson 3 and 4. Not bothered about the second one, but the first one is showing up between lesson 4 and 5! Anyway of altering it to be first thing? Image attached...

Couple of Questions-timetable.png

Edit: Following is line from 'timetable.xml' with the reg period;
    <record upn="edit" year="5" name="5JT/Pt" description="PLTS" teacher="Mrs THORNTON" room="502" period="Mon1:Reg" starttime="08:45" endtime="09:05" />

2nd Edit: Managed to get Reg at the start of the day by adding a space between colon and Reg, so instead of "Mon1:Reg" it is now "Mon1: Reg". Just need to figure out the identity issue now!
    Last edited by wdwm; 16th January 2012 at 02:54 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread