+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP+ 7.x Setup Issues in Projects:; Originally Posted by nickbro Are you trying Drag and Drop in the new My Files beta? If so, Mac's may ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Are you trying Drag and Drop in the new My Files beta? If so, Mac's may not support it
    Not sure, just using whatever was supplied with HAP+ 7.8 ?

Thank Post
    Does the page you on say My Files or My Computer?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The url page says /mycomputersl.aspx
    and the page title says My Computer - Extended Version

Hope this helps.

Thank Post
    I'm getting the same internal error message and all I'm trying to do is add the school name and web address. I can access the AD on the Active Directory page but cannot get it to save wothout error messages coming up either. You're help is very much appreciated. I've pasted the debug, below:

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that &lt;machineKey&gt; configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.</title>
    <style>
    body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;}
    p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
    b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
    H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
    H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
    pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
    .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
    .version {color: gray;}
    .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
    .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
    </style>
    </head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<span><H1>Server Error in '/hap' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>

<h2> <i>Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that &lt;machineKey&gt; configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.</i> </h2></span>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">

<b> Description: </b>An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

<br><br>

<b> Exception Details: </b>System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that &lt;machineKey&gt; configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.<br><br>

<b>Source Error:</b> <br><br>

<table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    <tr>
    <td>
    <code>

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:<br><br>1. Add a &quot;Debug=true&quot; directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:<br><br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;%@ Page Language=&quot;C#&quot Debug=&quot;true&quot; %&gt;<br><br>or:<br><br>2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:<br><br>&lt;configuration&gt;<br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;system.web&gt;<br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;comp ilation debug=&quot;true&quot;/&gt;<br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;/system.web&gt;<br>&lt;/configuration&gt;<br><br> Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.<br><br>Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.</code>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

<br>

<b>Stack Trace:</b> <br><br>

<table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    <tr>
    <td>
    <code><pre>

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data.]
    System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.GetDeco dedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32&amp; dataLength) +329
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +145

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
    Client IP: ::1
    Port: 54778
    Referer: https://localhost/hap/setup.aspx
    Path: /hap/setup.aspx
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    ViewState: /wEPDwUKLTY0Mzg3MTA2NA9kFgICAw9kFhgCAg8PFgIeBFRleHQ FAzcuMGRkAgMPFgIfAAUaSUlTNyBJbnRlZ3JhdGVkIFBpcGVsa W5lOiBkAhMPFgIeC18hSXRlbUNvdW50ZmQCLQ8WAh8BAgQWCGY PZBYCZg8VAwJNZQJNZQJNZWQCAQ9kFgJmDxUDCFBhc3N3b3JkC FBhc3N3b3JkCFBhc3N3b3JkZAICD2QWAmYPFQMIQm9va2luZ3M IQm9va2luZ3MIQm9va2luZ3NkAgMPZBYCZg8VAwdUaWNrZXRzB 1RpY2tldHMHVGlja2V0c2QCLg8WAh8BAgQWCGYPZBYCZg8VCwJ NZQJNZQJNZQJNZQJNZQJNZQJNZQNBbGwCTWWGAjxkaXYgc3R5b GU9Im92ZXJmbG93OiBoaWRkZW47IGNsZWFyOiBib3RoOyI+PGx hYmVsIGZvcj0iaG9tZXBhZ2V0YWJzLU1lLWFsbG93dXBkYXRld G8iPkFsbG93IFVwZGF0ZSBUbzogPC9sYWJlbD48aW5wdXQgdHl wZT0idGV4dCIgaWQ9ImhvbWVwYWdldGFicy1NZS1hbGxvd3VwZ GF0ZXRvIiB2YWx1ZT0iRG9tYWluIEFkbWlucyIgb25jbGljaz0 ic2hvd2FkYnVpbGRlcih0aGlzLCBmYWxzZSk7IiBvbmNoYW5nZ T0idXBkYXRldGFiKCdNZScpOyIgLz4...]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that &lt;machineKey&gt; configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Except ion inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +198
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidatio nError(Exception inner, String persistedState) +14
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +255
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.I StateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +4
    System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFor matter formatter, String serializedState) +37
    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +241
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium() +106
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +43
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(Http Context context) +21
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.setup_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\hap\84de08c5\70e6ba5a\App_Web_ox0qustw.3.cs: 0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously) +75
    </pre></code>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

<br>

<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>

<b>Version Information:</b>&nbsp;Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

</font>

</body>
    </html>
    <!--
    [HttpException]: Unable to validate data.
    at System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.GetDeco dedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& dataLength)
    at System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString)
    [ViewStateException]: Invalid viewstate.
    Client IP: ::1
    Port: 54778
    Referer: https://localhost/hap/setup.aspx
    Path: /hap/setup.aspx
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    ViewState: /wEPDwUKLTY0Mzg3MTA2NA9kFgICAw9kFhgCAg8PFgIeBFRleHQ FAzcuMGRkAgMPFgIfAAUaSUlTNyBJbnRlZ3JhdGVkIFBpcGVsa W5lOiBkAhMPFgIeC18hSXRlbUNvdW50ZmQCLQ8WAh8BAgQWCGY PZBYCZg8VAwJNZQJNZQJNZWQCAQ9kFgJmDxUDCFBhc3N3b3JkC FBhc3N3b3JkCFBhc3N3b3JkZAICD2QWAmYPFQMIQm9va2luZ3M IQm9va2luZ3MIQm9va2luZ3NkAgMPZBYCZg8VAwdUaWNrZXRzB 1RpY2tldHMHVGlja2V0c2QCLg8WAh8BAgQWCGYPZBYCZg8VCwJ NZQJNZQJNZQJNZQJNZQJNZQJNZQNBbGwCTWWGAjxkaXYgc3R5b GU9Im92ZXJmbG93OiBoaWRkZW47IGNsZWFyOiBib3RoOyI+PGx hYmVsIGZvcj0iaG9tZXBhZ2V0YWJzLU1lLWFsbG93dXBkYXRld G8iPkFsbG93IFVwZGF0ZSBUbzogPC9sYWJlbD48aW5wdXQgdHl wZT0idGV4dCIgaWQ9ImhvbWVwYWdldGFicy1NZS1hbGxvd3VwZ GF0ZXRvIiB2YWx1ZT0iRG9tYWluIEFkbWlucyIgb25jbGljaz0 ic2hvd2FkYnVpbGRlcih0aGlzLCBmYWxzZSk7IiBvbmNoYW5nZ T0idXBkYXRldGFiKCdNZScpOyIgLz4...
    [HttpException]: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that &lt;machineKey&gt; configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
    at System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Except ion inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError)
    at System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidatio nError(Exception inner, String persistedState)
    at System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString)
    at System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.I StateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState)
    at System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFor matter formatter, String serializedState)
    at System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(Http Context context)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at ASP.setup_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\hap\84de08c5\70e6ba5a\App_Web_ox0qustw.3.cs: line 0
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionSte p.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execut e()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    -->

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cschmid View Post
    Hi Nickbro,
    Thanks for those files again, this time if resolved the issue nd i can see and access the "My Files" section.. YIPPIE!!
    however there is now another issue, i have lost all login capabilities, I can no longer login as a domain admin or a normal user??
    I just get this:

Exception: Something is wrong]
    HAP.AD.User.ImpersonateContained() +683
    HAP.Web.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2149
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Regards;

I am also getting a 'something is wrong' error.

I have checked authentication in ISS and anonymous and forms are already set to enabled, any ideas?

Thank Post
    Does your server have Interactive Logon Rights? The Something is Wrong error is usually because of that.

If you don't want to enable Interactive Logon Rights, you will need to switch to Basic Windows Authentication (set it to Basic auth, and set authmode="Windows" in the hapconfig.xml's <AD> element

Thank Post
    I get this 'Validation of viewstate MAC failed' when I add 2 drive mappings in the 'hapconfig' file, 1 for teachers' home directory and 1 for pupils' homedirectory, AND both are mapped to the same drive letter!

The shared folders are on different locations on the same server. But for some reason when I have the 2 lines added like this:

mapping drive="H" name="Teacher's Personal H Files" enablereadto="AllStaff,Domain Admins" enablewriteto="AllStaff,Domain Admins" enablemove="True" usagemode="Quota">\\server1\users\secstaff\%userna me%</mapping>
    <mapping drive="H" name="Pupil's Personal H Files" enablereadto="AllPupils,Domain Admins" enablewriteto="AllPupils,Domain Admins" enablemove="True" usagemode="Quota">\\server1\users\secpupils\%usern ame%</mapping>

I get the mac failed error. But when I take the pupil one out, it works fine.

Thank Post
    Also, Nick, How do I add the key that gets created by that link you sent us, into the webconfig file found in root of the hap folder? An example of where in the config file it should go would be great.

Thank Post
    You cannot have drive mappings with identical drive letters, they need to be all unique.

Try this generator instead, works a bit better, with some more info

Generate Machine Key

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123