+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, A Few question RE HAP and moodle in Projects:; I have moodle running on Linux Server using LDAP auth back to cc3 Domain all works I have got HAp ...

Thank Post

A Few question RE HAP and moodle

I have moodle running on Linux Server using LDAP auth back to cc3 Domain all works

I have got HAp installed Latest ver and it also using Ad Ldap and all works.

Question 1 HAP MOODLE
    Is there anyway we can get the username and password passed to HAP automaticaly after the user logs in to moodle that way we are keeping to our 1 username login policy

I only want this so that pupils can access there my files and Shared files.

Question 2 Hap only

We have staff on our admin network which is where all ther files are stored, however HAP is auth only on CC3 is it possiable to have to domains to auth users.

IE pupils logon auth againts CC3 and show work file from there
    Staff logon and auth against Admin network and show there work files on admin network.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Thank Post
    1. Not really, I may, in a future version, allow an API call to to be made to authenticate the user and generate the required cookies/session info, but even with this method, you would need to program moodle to call this API (prob just a JSON request) on logon, and vice a versa

2. The way I do this is by having users on both systems, and have a group called Admin Domain Users on the CC3 network. Users in this group are picked up by HAP+ and are shown the correct drive. A trust relationship is setup (1 way) between admin and curriculum. Set folder permissions on the admin side of things with their username from Curriculum. As long as you propagate permissions via a trust relationship, things should work.

I know option 2 doesn't sound good, but it does work. It's a slight limitation in the way HAP+ does authentication. I just spent about a hour trying to see if I could do multi-domain setups in HAP+'s code, but there would just be too much stuff that would need recoding, plus there is no way of telling if it would even work.

Thank Post
    Thanks for that...;.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread