+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Installing .NET 4.0 onto a CC3 Server, not showing in IIS 6.0 in Projects:; Has anyone else had any difficulties installing .NET 4.0, it appears to install without error, various utilities report that it ...

Thank Post

Question Installing .NET 4.0 onto a CC3 Server, not showing in IIS 6.0

Has anyone else had any difficulties installing .NET 4.0, it appears to install without error, various utilities report that it is present and correct, but when I look in the 'web service extensions' it doesn't show. I have reinstalled a couple of times and re-downloaded the installation files in case they were corrupt. Has anyone had a similar experience or feel they are able to offer any insight/solutions?

Thank Post
    Thank you, a good suggestion, I had tried using the RM distributed versions, but I haven't checked that 2.0 and 3.5 are installed correctly first ... I'll double check that and get back to this thread shortly.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberDrac View Post
    Has anyone else had any difficulties installing .NET 4.0, it appears to install without error, various utilities report that it is present and correct, but when I look in the 'web service extensions' it doesn't show. I have reinstalled a couple of times and re-downloaded the installation files in case they were corrupt. Has anyone had a similar experience or feel they are able to offer any insight/solutions?
    Try this:

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.xxxxx\aspn et_regiis.exe -i -enable

Thank Post
    It's best to run on a member server, unless you are ok with enabling interactive logons on your RM server

Thank Post
    Thank you for the counselling, I installed .NET 3.5 from an RM Package and then .NET 4.0 and have now got the option to allow ASP.NET v4.0.30319.

For anyone else who cannot see "Application Pools" on an RM Server in IIS 6.0, the following link ... Missing Application Pool component in IIS6 : The Official Microsoft IIS Site ... provided some insight.
    I believe your IIS is running under IIS 5.0 Isolation mode. To check that, right click on "Websites" and click on "Properties". Click on "Service" tab, uncheck the isolation mode check box. It will ask you to restart your IIS, do that. Now you will see Application Pools listed in your IIS manager!
    This initial test phase will be on an RM server solely because we know that there is an external IP address, FQDN, and the routing works for EasyLink ... I'm hoping that once we've proved that it works we'll repeat the process on another server and set up external routing to it properly. Thanks for the timely warning, but I'm hoping that it will only be for a short while until I've practiced the installation and configuration.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread