+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP V7.5 New Install Problem in Projects:; Hi Nick hope you can help Just Install V7.5 on iis6 windows 2003 server and all seemed okay!!! When i ...

Thank Post

HAP V7.5 New Install Problem

Hi Nick hope you can help

Just Install V7.5 on iis6 windows 2003 server and all seemed okay!!!

When i went to config it keeps on coming up with the followinf error

I enter my "Domain UPN"
    I enter my Full Admin User and password

I then get a pop up windows
    Message From Webpage

"Not Found"

Any ideas please

Stuart

Thank Post
    I had this but will admit i rushed the install and was just curious. Still running 6.5 officially

Thank Post
    Can you navigate, in the browser, to https://hap.school.name/hap/api/setup/help

Thank Post
    There is no API folder???

Thank Post
    If you do it in the browser, HAP+ will know what to do with it. If it still comes up with 404, then you have missed a step in the installation. Mainly the wildcard ASP.net mapping

Thank Post
    Yes it is wroking just my typeing late at night i have a screen with alot of / commands displayed.

If i type in hap/api/setup/GetADTree

I get following

Method not allowed. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service.

Stuart
    Last edited by rama1712; 26th October 2011 at 05:42 PM.

Thank Post
    That's as expected, as you cannot get to that in GET, you need to POST to it with a JSON request.

There are some updates to the setup page coming this weekend with 7.6.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick the new version 7.6 fixed the AD problem above and i finsihed the install so when i loggon i was called to to see all the icons
    But when i click on my Files I see nothing at all no files of any type.

I have tried in Basic and Extended.

Help/advice please

Stuart

Thank Post
    Have to set some Mappings in the Config?

Thank Post
    SOrted how thick am i must have First Aid Course I have been on playing with dummies all day for 3 days :-0

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

Finally started having a proper look at V7.6, I followed the PDF document as I believe I should have but now when I go to the setup screen and type in my admin details I get a box with "Message from website: System.Servicemodel.ServiceActivationException" It wont let me go no further and it is a little confusing. I have dont the section with the asp.net wildcard mappings.

When i go to https://hap.school.name/hap/ I get:

Code:
    Server Error in '/hap' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find a base address that matches scheme http for the endpoint with binding WebHttpBinding. Registered base address schemes are [https]. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find a base address that matches scheme http for the endpoint with binding WebHttpBinding. Registered base address schemes are [https].

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Could not find a base address that matches scheme http for the endpoint with binding WebHttpBinding. Registered base address schemes are [https].]
       System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.MakeAbsoluteUri(Uri relativeOrAbsoluteUri, Binding binding, UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses) +12230836
       System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.ConfigureEndpointAddress(ServiceEndpointElement serviceEndpointElement, ServiceHostBase host, ServiceEndpoint endpoint) +54
       System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.ConfigureEndpoint(StandardEndpointElement standardEndpointElement, ServiceEndpointElement serviceEndpointElement, ContextInformation context, ServiceHostBase host, ServiceDescription description, ServiceEndpoint& endpoint, Boolean omitSettingEndpointAddress) +487
       System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.LookupEndpoint(ServiceEndpointElement serviceEndpointElement, ContextInformation context, ServiceHostBase host, ServiceDescription description, Boolean omitSettingEndpointAddress) +616
       System.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost.AddAutomaticWebHttpBindingEndpoints(ServiceHost host, IDictionary`2 implementedContracts, String multipleContractsErrorMessage, String standardEndpointKind) +679
       System.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost.OnOpening() +244
       System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +274
       System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open() +36
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +184
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) +615

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/hap/api/setup' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Could not find a base address that matches scheme http for the endpoint with binding WebHttpBinding. Registered base address schemes are [https]..]
       System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +679246
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +190
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.AspNetRouteServiceHttpHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +6
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +96

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    As always any and all help is welcome.

Craig

edit-- Forgot to mention HAP is hosted on windows server 2003, IIS 6
    Last edited by Wils86; 7th November 2011 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Update

Thank Post
    Is this a fresh install of HAP+? Have to edited the web.config file? Have you added the wild card asp.net mapping into IIS?

Thank Post
    HAP v6.5 is running on there as well under /extranet, this is the first time with V7.5 or .6 I have re downloaded everything off the codeplex site just incase and started againg with the install so no web.config is left as standard. the Asp.net mappings have being done is ISS (that is this section in the documentation right:

37. Click on Directory
    38. Click the Configuration Button
    39. Double Click on the .ascx Application Extension
    40. Copy the Executable path
    41. Click OK
    42. Click Insert… under wildcard application maps
    43. Paste the Path from 41
    44. Deselect Verify that file exists

)

edit- hi by the way, the one thing I couldnt do was add the 'IIS appPool' bit to the security options but did add 'ISS_WPG' to the security list.
    Last edited by Wils86; 7th November 2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: update

Thank Post
    Just to weigh in on this, just done 4 fresh installs of 7.6.1031 , using IIS7, got them all setup with shares and working fine externally last week. Go back today and logging in is fine, browsing about through shares is fine, but trying to edit the config in any way now throws up the aforementioned error box: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException and I can't make any changes. Does the wildcard mapping apply to IIS7 in any way shape or form?

Thank Post
    Wildcard mapping is IIS6 only, as IIS7 just needs integrated pipeline. If you are having an activation exception, please try removing the service reference in the web.config

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast