+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Will HAP+ run on earlier versions of .net framework? in Projects:; Hi all, Is there anyway to get HAP+ running on .net framework 3.5 for its application pool instead or does ...

Thank Post

Angry Will HAP+ run on earlier versions of .net framework?

Hi all,

Is there anyway to get HAP+ running on .net framework 3.5 for its application pool instead or does it have to be 4? At all of our sites we've come across a major issue in that installing .net framework 4 and the security updates stops Sophos Enterprise Admin Console (the latest London grid version, 9.7) from running, and although my investigation lead me to believe these should all run independently of each other, the only way we've been able to restore Sophos' functionality is by removing .net framework 4.

Obviously this is primarily a Sophos being out of date issue but it totally cripples my planned roll out of HAP, so I was wondering is it possible to get it going on .net 3.5 or is there an older version (6?) that will work? Or if anyone else has had similar problems and has any advice for getting HAP+ and Sophos working side by side that'd be great.

Thank Post
    This is odd, we run sophos enterprise console here, and our sophos server is also running SIMS (which requires .net 4 to run the latest version). There are no known issues with sophos.

Unfortunatly HAP+ requires .net 4 to run.

I think we're still on sophos 9.5 here

Thank Post
    After a lot of troubleshooting it turned out that this only affected 32 bit servers, and that downgrading IE from 8 or 9 back to 7 fixed the issue as ridiculous as it seems. Must be something to do with the way newer versions utilise the .net framework. We did this on 4 /5 different sites and the result was identical, so just thought I'd add it here in case anyone in the future has similar issues.

Thank Post
    Thanks @Iamthelaw

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread