Home Access Plus+ Thread, [HAP+][v8] My Files in Projects:; It's looking great Nick.
When i browse solely using the right hand pain, can the left hand tree expand accordingly? ...
2nd December 2011, 12:37 PM #46
It's looking great Nick.
When i browse solely using the right hand pain, can the left hand tree expand accordingly? (it currently stays closed)
What is planned / implemented for uploading, will it be a right click like the silverlight version was? If so, would there be any chance in an "Upload" button next to the "New Folder" button on the toolbar? I know it's belt and braces, but some of our more challenged users (read: teachers) are struggling to find it in the silverlight version!
What does / will the "Organise" button do?
Under the tree view on the left, can the drive letter be included somehow with the drive name?
ie "(N) My Documents" or "N: (My Documents)" or some such varient
It's looking really great Nick. Very excited!
IDG Tech News
2nd December 2011, 02:27 PM #47
There will be 3 options in this one, 2 if you running an older browser: 1, Drag and Drop HTML5 Upload, 2, Right Click Upload, 3, Upload Button
3rd December 2011, 02:15 PM #48
Additional Views in My Files v8 Preview
3rd December 2011, 05:34 PM #49
Just implemented in the new preview features for My Files v8 Preview, supported formats: .bmp, .csv, .docx, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .txt, .xls, .xlsx
6th December 2011, 03:50 PM #50
Looks really good.
I can't get the file preview to work - how do I use it?
Also, when changing view from Tiles to Details, the drop-down list remains even after selecting the option.
Should say I'm using the preview in 7.7
Last edited by enjay; 6th December 2011 at 03:55 PM.
6th December 2011, 06:38 PM #51
Previews are part of the unreleased v7.8 release
7th December 2011, 05:23 PM #52
Hi all, here's some more news on the v8 My Files:
I've now coded the uploading scripts, which are now working on my test build. In the latest Firefox/Chrome you can drag and drop files from explorer into folders in the view, or into the folder you are currently in. It also checks the file first before uploading to see if it exists, and prompts the user to that effect. You should get a progress indicator when it's uploading in the uploading progress box down the bottom of the page (glued to the bottom).
There is also an upload button that works in 2 ways, 1st if you are using a browser that supports the multiple attribute, it will allow you to select more that 1 file and it will upload into the folder you are currently in, and will progress the same as the drag and drop. The 2nd is if your using an older browser, it will work like the current HTML Upload box currently.
With the exception of the older browser option, the browser `should` stop the users from even attempting to upload a file that is too big or a restricted format.
The list will be updated when the file has finished uploading if you are still in the same place.
Other news, the back up button has been set to use an picture instead.
The organize button has been removed.
New Folder button when clicked will show a text box next to it, and change it's text to Create. This doesn't do anything YET, but it will create the Folder and refresh the list.
I may, if I can add the Drag and Drop Upload to the Tree as well, something which isn't supported in the Extended MSCB
Any feedback so far would be good.
8th December 2011, 09:39 AM #53
Sounds awesome. Is this all HTML-based, or is it Silverlight?
8th December 2011, 11:57 AM #54
14th December 2011, 11:03 PM #55
A bit of new news on this, there will be an option to send a document to Google Docs
15th December 2011, 12:50 AM #56
Christmas early!!! This is gonna be one hell of a powerful suite nick!
Originally Posted by nickbro
15th December 2011, 07:35 AM #57
Im also hoping to have SkyDrive support
25th December 2011, 01:24 AM #58
Ok, can't do SkyDrive support, it's proving to be a PITA.
I've attached an update for the v7.8 release (it will indicated an early v7.9 alpha build number), which has an update to the v8 My Files Preview (5 files big). Only try this release if you want to, as it's only for testing.
The ability to Move/Copy Files/Folders has been added to this this update, so technically you can use the new My Files as the primary Browsing system.
Left to add to My Files before the v8 release:
- Send to ZIP File
- Explore ZIP Files (you will be able to delve into a ZIP file, as if it were a folder, Extract Files, like it was a folder, no adding files though)
28th December 2011, 02:39 AM #59
Today I added ZIP file Browsing Support, not this is just an early alpha of this feature, hopefully I'll be able to extend it so you can actually download individual files from a ZIP file instead of the whole file, but that may be pushed back.
Left to do:
1. Programme the ability to extract a ZIP file
2. Programme the ability to create a ZIP file
I may add the ability to update a ZIP file in a later build as I get to grips with how the SharpZipLib works (basically everything inside a zip file works slightly differently to a file system object (path wise))
Anyhow, this update is part of check-in http://hap.codeplex.com/SourceContro.../changes/72725
Last edited by nickbro; 28th December 2011 at 02:43 AM.
29th December 2011, 11:33 PM #60
just wanted to give you lot a preview of the homework part of the my files. This a very early example at present.
Here's my plans for this:
- When Homework is Enable
- a link will appear on the My Files homepage
- a Special Mapping will be Created to allow staff to access the files through My Files, and admins to change the root path (mapping letter will be @)
- Mapping will be, by default, set to
- Domain Admins - Read&Write
- Teachers - Read
- Everyone Else - None
- Permissions Needed on the Mapping UNC Folder:
- Domain Admins - Full Control
- Teachers - Read Only (Can be modify if needed)
- Storage Layout:
- Teacher Username
- Homework Name_1-1-2012 0.00_1-2-2012 0.00
- Student Username_Student Name (if exists in AD)
- File(s) Uploaded By Student
- File operations are run as the Administrator, not as the logged on user, thus the permission set above
- When a student uploads a file for homework:
- Check the Homework Directory Exists, if not it'll create it
- Check the Student Directory Exists, if it does, the Student will be asked if they are adding to their homework or replacing it
- Check the Work Exists, if it does, the student will be asked if they want to replace the file or not (if not replace on option above)
- If the File they are uploading is a ZIP file, they will be asked if they want to Extract the ZIP file when the upload has finished.
- If the Homework Time has Expired, the Homework will be removed from the Homework Page (for students)
- If the Homework Time has not Start, the Homework will be hidden on the Homework Page until the Time has past (for students)
- When a staff deletes a Homework, they will be told that if they continue the Contents of the Homework will be deleted
- Staff will have a WYSIWYG interface to add a description to the Homework, you can put a hyperlink in here pointing to a My Files file path ;-)
- Staff will be able to Select students using the AD Browser Tree (limited to Student OUs)
- Domain Admins can see all Homeworks
I hope that makes some sort of sense.
Last edited by nickbro; 29th December 2011 at 11:38 PM.
By ict_support in forum Home Access Plus+
Last Post: 21st December 2011, 03:14 PM
By Simcfc73 in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
Last Post: 16th March 2011, 09:06 PM
By pete in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
Last Post: 28th February 2011, 01:56 PM
By woody in forum Windows
Last Post: 29th September 2006, 03:35 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)