+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, [v7.5] Help Desk in Projects:; Hi all, here is one of the first screenshots of the new Help Desk in v7.5. Not much too it ...
    Thank Post

[v7.5] Help Desk

Hi all, here is one of the first screenshots of the new Help Desk in v7.5. Not much too it at the moment. It's very quick though

Attachment 11562

Thank Post
    Another look at the new help desk, which is now shipping with v7.4.1010.1640 (if you have v7.4.0910.2200 all you need to change is ~/bin/hap.web.dll, ~/bin/hap.data.dll, ~/bin/hap.web.configuration.dll, ~/bookingsystem/new.aspx, ~/helpdesk/new.aspx, ~/style/basestyles.css, ~/style/helpdesk.css)

Attachment 11569

You can try out the new help desk by going to /helpdesk/new.aspx in your browser.

Email notifications still use the old template which points to the other help desk, this will change once the help desk as exited beta

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey Nick,

Just moving a "help-desk" item from the "booking" thread to here.

There are some more issues with the helpdesk which i will try and get some more useful troubleshooting to you.. At the moment staff cant add tickets to mine and it is now crashing the default.aspx page with "Index was outside the bounds of the array". I'll post more on this once i have played with it a bit more! (It wasnt crashing earlier, so im gonna see if there is anything odd in the xml file)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Sounds like it's missing the Id attribute from one of the Tickets
    The ticket in question does indeed lack an attribute.. but it is the username rather than the id:
    Code:
       </Ticket>
       <Ticket id="36" subject="test%20ticket%203" priority="undefined" status="New">
          <Note datetime="2011-10-11 11:54:33Z" username="undefined"><![CDATA[Room: the world

jhffgg]]></Note>
       </Ticket>
    If i change the "Username" attribute from "undefined" to a legitimate user it then works fine.

As a seperate but not particularly serious issue; %20 is being saved (and displayed) in the subject title instead of a space.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by mattgrimley; 11th October 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Thank Post
    Subject and Body should be getting encoded into escaped letters, hopefully.

Thank Post
    I think I've found the issue, and fixed it. It was thinking the standard user was a help desk admin, doh, should of double checked last night.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    sorry nick, i've been off the reservation for a couple of days.. is this published or pending the next release? (i'm not being pushy, i am still running 6.5 on my main site)

Cheers,
    Matt

Thank Post
    v7.5 should be out this weekend, v7.4 was last weekend which had the beta versions

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey Nick,

Have installed 7.5 - it's amazing how much it has changed since 6.5!! It's looking so neat and tidy - i love it!
    The username=undefined variable is now written correctly - i noticed you also corrected a "priority=undefined" variable bug too which is great.

Only a handful of issues this time!

1> From the homepage, select the "Tickets" tab and click on a ticket for a "404 - File or directory not found" - NB: I removed the files you listed as removable in your v7.5 notes so it is possible i have done something silly there...

2> When creating a new ticket as a user, you click on "File Ticket" but nothing appears to happen. In actual fact, the ticket HAS been filed. It is not then visible in your screen until you refresh the page too.

3> Updating a ticket as an admin doesn't seem to work - the window pops up, but nothing is written back on clicking okay.

As always, thanks so much for all the hard work!

Matt

Thank Post
    1> Try replacing the ~/default.aspx page itself, I may of forgotten to pack that into the upgrade zip, get it from the full.

2> Odd, because when you file a ticket it should then load the ticket in a new tab, and refresh the two lists (Tested in IE9 and Firefox 10a, switches to the new tab as the ticket is created)

3> Again, this is an odd issue, I will investigate my end using IE8, Firefox 7, IE9 and Firefox 10a
    Last edited by nickbro; 17th October 2011 at 11:20 AM.

Thank Post
    Just another update on this, FAQ's will be making an appearance in v7.6, an extension of the current help desk, you can mark a ticket as a FAQ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    hmm, i thought i had replied to this - sorry..

1> Worked a treat - the ~/default.aspx from the full zip works fine
    2> Hmmm, well... It appears to work as intended if the user account has an email address assigned. (My test staff user has no email account). Is this intentional?
    3> To be clear: I open the ticket as admin, i click update. I enter some text and i click [Update] again. The pop-up disapears, but no additional info is added to the ticket. If i click on update again, my text still appears in the pop-up window. If i refresh the page, it has not been appended to the ticket and it is no longer in the popup. Nothing has been written to the "Tickets.xml" file.

Although i use Chrome primarily, this is all tested using Internet Explorer 9.

Looking forward to the FAQ's - i was going to suggest allowing a ticket response to be flagged for use as an FAQ - it could be really really nice!

Cheers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    hmm, i thought i had replied to this - sorry..

1> Worked a treat - the ~/default.aspx from the full zip works fine
    2> Hmmm, well... It appears to work as intended if the user account has an email address assigned. (My test staff user has no email account). Is this intentional?
    3> To be clear: I open the ticket as admin, i click update. I enter some text and i click [Update] again. The pop-up disapears, but no additional info is added to the ticket. If i click on update again, my text still appears in the pop-up window. If i refresh the page, it has not been appended to the ticket and it is no longer in the popup. Nothing has been written to the "Tickets.xml" file.

Although i use Chrome primarily, this is all tested using Internet Explorer 9.
    1> That's good to hear
    2> That is intended although it should work without the email address being assigned via AD
    3> That is odd, I'll look into it as it does update mine, could be a slight issue with the released files

Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    Looking forward to the FAQ's - i was going to suggest allowing a ticket response to be flagged for use as an FAQ - it could be really really nice!

Cheers
    That's actually how it works, it flags a ticket as an FAQ, as an admin there is checkbox in the Update Ticket, which says, MARK AS FAQ.

Thank Post
    Hi

Is this available yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    v7.5 should be out this weekend, v7.4 was last weekend which had the beta versions

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenmcginnis View Post
    Hi

Is this available yet?

Thanks
    Yes, v7.5 was released on Sunday Home Access Plus+ - Download: v7.5

Thank Post
    Thanks, I have it...is it possible just to assign the helpdesk side of things for now and then add on later?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast