+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, [v7.5] Booking System Updates in Projects:; Hi all HAP+ v7.5 is progressing nicely. Should have it released this weekend hopefully. Just putting the last tweaks on ...
    Thank Post

[v7.5] Booking System Updates

Hi all

HAP+ v7.5 is progressing nicely. Should have it released this weekend hopefully. Just putting the last tweaks on the new jquery booking system page.

Here's a sneak preview.

Attachment 11534

Also:

Integrated SIMS import button will be working.

2. Thanks to nickbro from:

cromertech (6th October 2011)

Thank Post
    That looks great. This new look is actually starting to grow on me

Thank Post
    I'm thinking of adding a tile colour picker in a future release, so the kiddies can choose their tile colour from a set few colours. Give them something to play with

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yep, it's looking really good Nick

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Impressed. I wont have to tweek anymore ;-)

Thank Post
    Here's another screenshot, showing the calendar
    Attachment 11554
    And one of the booking form

Attachment 11555

Mostly everything is rendered at client runtime using jquery. There are tiny call backs to thye server when you change the days 1 for each resource, so you kinda get a little effect as it loads each resource up. If you are in a modern browser (FF4+, Chrome, Opera, Safari, IE9??) you will get a little animation when you hover over bookings, showing you the action you can perform (delete, override, book).

To add additional Laptop Quantities, you will be able to just edit ~/bookingsystem/new.aspx (will be default.aspx after the beta), you shoudl find, on line ~40 (may change):
    HTML Code:
    <div id="bflquant" style="float: left;">
        <input type="radio" name="bflquant" checked="checked" id="bflquant-16" value="16" /><label for="bflquant-16">16</label>
        <input type="radio" name="bflquant" id="bflquant-32" value="32" /><label for="bflquant-32">32</label>
    </div>
    Just copy one of the radio buttons and associated labels, adding another one. You can change existing values, but just editing the values of the input and label. The system uses jquery here, so it will like anything you stick in there.

Also new in v7.5 will be validation of the Equipment/Laptop Room Required In field. It will now not allow you to book these without this being filled in. (Handy for me because I get staff not putting a room in, and confusing the hell out of me).

Another handy little feature will be the new API's developers can tap into, nice REST apis outputting either SOAP or JSON.

v7.4 is expected out this weekend, with this new booking system page in (~/new.aspx). But it will be a BETA product, and the old booking system page will be the primary page. Please only test out the new page, reporting issues back to me for the v7.5 release next weekend.

v7.5 will also be shipping with a refreshed Help Desk (metroised & jQueryised), so keep an eye out for that feature. I may drop a little something new on the Help Desk, where by you can (as an Admin) inform another user when you respond to a ticket (say, replying to a teacher, but you also want the SMT to get a copy of the ticket, or you need to raise the ticket with a line manager) The Help Desk will also get the ability to set Admins, you can set Help Desk staff as the additional admins, and change which email address the help desk uses to announce the creation of a ticket. So you could have helpdesk@school as the email address that the open ticket notice is sent to, but users get the email from noreply@school

Hope you are all looking forward to v7.5 as much as I am. A lot of work left to do, hopefully I'll be publishing a few more screenshots of v7.5's booking system here, and a new thread for the help desk. Stay tuned
    Last edited by nickbro; 7th October 2011 at 06:16 PM.

8. Thanks to nickbro from:

TheScarfedOne (7th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i know weve now got the ability to have booking admins which are separate from domain admins; but what about per room/resource admins?

i do like to push the boundaries!!

looking excellent so far though

Thank Post
    Should of been part of v7 for the config, is now implemented in the Booking System UI in v7.5
    Attachment 11557
    Last edited by nickbro; 7th October 2011 at 10:35 PM.

Thank Post
    v7.4.0910.2200 just hit codeplex, complete with the beta booking system

If you download this release, please try out the new booking system page, and report any bugs back here. Just navigation to /bookingsystem/new.aspx in your web browser. The overview calendar redirects you to the stable system, which will be the new one once testing is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    v7.4.0910.2200

There are some configuration changes, but the system should automatically upgrade these changes to the latest version, check ~/app_data/hapconfig.xml and change the version number

Changes:

• Some bug fixes from v7.2
    • New Homepage Style
    • New Tracker Index Page Style
    • BETA Booking System Page (new.aspx)
    • New API's
      • ~/API/BookingSystem
      • ~/API/HelpDesk

• Updated jQuery UI 1.8.16

You can download this release from Home Access Plus+ - Download: v7.4

Thank Post
    I get this error when going to new.aspx. Does the new booking system take it's dates from somewhere else?

The Current Date is After the Last Date in the Term!
    Parameter name: Current Date

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The Current Date is After the Last Date in the Term!
    Parameter name: Current Date

Source Error:

Line 186: $(window).hashchange(function () {
    Line 187: if (window.location.href.split('#')[1] != "" && window.location.href.split('#')[1]) curdate = new Date(window.location.href.split('#')[1].split('/')[2], window.location.href.split('#')[1].split('/')[1] - 1, window.location.href.split('#')[1].split('/')[0]);
    Line 188: else curdate = new Date(<%=CurrentDate.Year %>, <%=CurrentDate.Month - 1 %>, <%=CurrentDate.Day %>);
    Line 189: $('#datepicker').datepicker("setDate", curdate);
    Line 190: $("#picker").val($.datepicker.formatDate('d MM yy', curdate));

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\BookingSystem\new.aspx Line: 188

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The Current Date is After the Last Date in the Term!Parameter name: Current Date] HAP.Web.BookingSystem._new.get_CurrentDate() +1830 ASP.bookingsystem_new_aspx.__RenderContent2(HtmlTe xtWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\BookingSystem\new.aspx:188 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +109 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer) +8 System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +208 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren (HtmlTextWriter writer) +173 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter writer) +31 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTex tWriter output) +53 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl( HtmlTextWriter writer) +40 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +208 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer) +8 System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +208 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer) +8 System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3060

Thank Post
    As the error suggests, the current date it after the end date for the last term. If you go to /bookingsystem/admin/ and make sure that the summer term's end date is correct.

14. Thanks to nickbro from:

cromertech (10th October 2011)

Thank Post
    OK. I didn't realise that all dates had to be in there. It's fine now

Thank Post
    Just found a slight bug in the new booking system. I've reuploaded the file to codeplex. Only change thismorning is ~/bookingsystem/new.aspx.

It was allowing normal staff to over book, and not remove a booking. This has now been corrected.

You can Re-download the files from Home Access Plus+ - Download: v7.4

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey Nick, It's looking great

I like the uniform navigation (The blue "Home Access Plus+ Home button) at the top left. I appreciate you embed yours in a bigger site, but a uniform navigation system back to the main site from every sub-section is much easier on us lazier OOB users

Observations:
    1> Whatever the navigation buttons on the top right are, they are underneath the "Logged in as | Logout" button (and therefore not visible) (It totally obscures them in Chrome, but only partially obscures them in Internet Explorer)
    2> When opening the pop-up calendar, there is no obvious way to dismiss it - a little (x) in the corner perhaps? It also has a habit of hanging around indefinitely in Chrome.
    3> Unable to delete a booking (either as the booker or as an admin)
    4> LOGON-TRACKER - the navigation lacks continuity - can the "HAP+ Home" box be changed to the same navigation found on Booking/Helpdesk?

I'll do some more thorough testing on both the Helpdesk and Booking systems during today

Matt
    Last edited by mattgrimley; 11th October 2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Added another issue and clarified the second one

Thank Post
    In time. The booking system issue has been fixed in my local version I have, I'll be updating it on codeplex shortly.

I'll move the navigation links down so they are in the middle of the Booking System Title

The calendar should disappear if you click on a resource or lesson or by clicking the date button again. There was a bug in v7.4.1010.1640 with the calendar popping up above the booking system, this is now fixed in v7.4.1010.2200. Should have v7.4.1110.1100 release shortly

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast