+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP+ v8 Feature Requets in Projects:; It hasn't been suggested, and I haven't really looked into it. If you want to dig in the source code, ...

Thank Post
    It hasn't been suggested, and I haven't really looked into it. If you want to dig in the source code, my all means, just remember to let me know the outcome and the code so we can push it into the next release

Thank Post
    Hopefully an easy one:
    We have a couple of rooms which are only available to Sixth Form classes - would it be possible to build in a setting which says which year groups a room is available to? (I'm fairly sure this isn't possible currently but please let me know otherwise!)
    I know teachers could then just book for a fake Y12 class if they're determined but if they didn't have the option to book for lower school it would be a reminder and deterrent to most.

Thanks for all your work on HAP+ so far!

Thank Post
    @beneal, I've just added your feature for the v8 release trunk, see: https://hap.codeplex.com/SourceContr.../changes/78069

4. Thanks to nickbro from:

beneal (16th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Nick,

Just another suggestion for your consideration

How about an optional StartDate= and an EndDate= in the StaticBookings xml?
    It would make the hop from one timetable to the next really easy and allow for shorter term recurring bookings to be made rather than having to manually add each to the bookings.xml.

Matt

P.S. you probably should start a v9 suggestions thread now!

Thank Post
    @mattgrimley Feature added, it will be an Advanced feature which requires manually entry of information into the StaticBookings.xml file. There will be no admin interface for entering this in via the Booking System CP

7. Thanks to nickbro from:

mattgrimley (24th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Perfect! Thanks v much

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScarfedOne View Post
    Oooh, now that overview is snazzy. I like that a lot. Next release please indeed!

Another request from me... (copied from the Advanced Bookings Permissions thread)...

Can you add the ability for a booking to me made for a whole day, or for an existing one that you've just made to be copied to the rest of the day.

Hope you can do it...
    @TheScarfedOne I've just added the feature to book multi lessons (if you enable it, it will be disabled by default, and can be configured on a per room basis).

It will also be an advanced feature, which requires direct editing of the hapConfig.xml file. It will not currently be configurable via the setup.aspx page.
    Last edited by nickbro; 24th July 2012 at 10:23 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    Thanks mate, will have a play with that!

I have a raft of suggestions related to the helpdesk now for your consideration!!

Helpdesk Suggestions:
    1. I'd like (admins) to be able to edit the title of a ticket (teachers always put things like "Help" or "Urgent" or some such)
    2. I'd like some more information on the "Open Ticket Display" and "Closed Ticket Display" (Details: Username | Room | LogDate | LastActionDate | Status) (with some "sort by" titles?? )
    3. Priority defaults to "Undefined" - can it perhaps default to "Normal"?
    4. The Status seems always to be "WithIT" or "Fixed" - Can status be used to record ownership of the issue, i.e. "WithUser". Ownership could be explicitly handed back to the user in the email rather than indefinitely pending a response and remaining owned by IT.
    5. When tickets are closed, the email that is generated to the punter contains only the text from the last update (and not the whole conversation). This makes it hard for the user to identify the context if they have multiple tickets. (Often they get an email saying, "Should be fixed now" and they have no idea what the problem was..)
    6. When tickets are "UPDATED" (same as above)
    7. Mark as FAQ seems to not work for me..
    8. I'd quite like to be able to edit (tidy and format) an FAQ item without effecting the original source ticket. Can "Mark as FAQ" generate a duplicate ticket, perhaps in a different xml file? This could be edited, formatted etc to make it specifically relevant as an FAQ.
    9. Links in the emails don't seem to work consistently.. Specifically, if you don't have an active session, it redirects to the login page but then it doesn't go back to the target link post-login.
    10. When using "Make Aware", can it be treated like a CC and include those people in the thread with the same rights as the original - and be displayed in the ticket details (most of this may already be functional, but im never sure if i have to "make aware" everyone at every update etc).

That's it
    @mattgrimley how is this, some of the features are a bit complex for my little help desk, may be a point release after v8

1. Done
    3. Done
    4. Added a tick box next to Fixed (User Interaction Required)
    5. Done
    6. Done
    9. Not possible with the way the HTTP works
    10. Done

11. Thanks to nickbro from:

mattgrimley (25th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    @mattgrimley how is this, some of the features are a bit complex for my little help desk, may be a point release after v8

1. Done
    3. Done
    4. Added a tick box next to Fixed (User Interaction Required)
    5. Done
    6. Done
    9. Not possible with the way the HTTP works
    10. Done
    WOW!

This stuff sounds fab - The helpdesk is now such an integral part of our system, every little change will be felt (never mind a raft of changes)!
    You are obviously on a roll at the moment, but when you are ready for some testing, just compile the updated dll's somewhere and i can pop it on my test site

Thanks a million Nick

Thank Post
    Hi This all looks excellent. I am just about to start installing and trying HAP+ out. Is there any idea when version 8 will be released? These extra features look great! Excellent product!

Thank Post
    v8 Alpha is due out next week, with the Stable release scheduled for Mid/Late August.

Thank Post
    v8 Alpha is due out next week, with the Stable release scheduled for Mid/Late August.
    Awesome Will there be a guide to install from scratch (e.g. without having a previous version). I have been trying to install v7.10 but the video guide looks like it assumes you have a previous version installed. Could just be me, been a long day :P

Thank Post
    The main installation hasn't changed since the early v7. The HAP Config page is still the place to go after installation

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @TheScarfedOne I've just added the feature to book multi lessons (if you enable it, it will be disabled by default, and can be configured on a per room basis).

It will also be an advanced feature, which requires direct editing of the hapConfig.xml file. It will not currently be configurable via the setup.aspx page.
    @nickbro - can you give me some more info on how this works and how to do it, perfect!! :-)

Thank Post
    On the booking system node add MutliLesson="true"

then on the resources you want to grant multilesson access too you add multilessonto="[All|None|AD Groups|AD Users]"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast