+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP+ v8 Feature Requets in Projects:; Hi nick, So, never really used google docs... Does that have the option to send it back once edits have ...

Thank Post
    Hi nick,

So, never really used google docs... Does that have the option to send it back once edits have been made?

Thank Post
    Additional functionality request to the booking system:

The ability for a user to view and if nessacary print a report of all the bookings they've made for a given amount of days.

For example this is what our current system that we're going to be replacing with the HAP booking sheet shows when searching for the staff member "JBR":
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HAP+ v8 Feature Requets-viewbookings.png  

Thank Post
    @mrbios, how does this look

Attachment 13442Attachment 13443

When you click on overview, a search box will be shown, in there you can start typing a username in, and it will start searching. It should display Static Bookings first, then other bookings.

4. Thanks to nickbro from:

mrbios (25th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Looks fantastic Nick Nice job

Looking forward to the next release

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oooh, now that overview is snazzy. I like that a lot. Next release please indeed!

Another request from me... (copied from the Advanced Bookings Permissions thread)...

Can you add the ability for a booking to me made for a whole day, or for an existing one that you've just made to be copied to the rest of the day.

Hope you can do it...

Thank Post
    Booking for a whole day is currently not on the map, but I'll see what I can do

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Booking for a whole day is currently not on the map, but I'll see what I can do
    Please... if you could...

Scenario, a meeting room being booked for a whole day - or remainder of the day

Thank Post
    Would it be easier or more difficult to integrate this with Office Web Apps, already supported in Sharepoint 2010?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Nick, hope your upgrade is going well!!

I use the front page of HAP to add quite a lot of groups and links for easy access by the kids. With the Metro layout, the squares are quite big and the page is becoming increasingly long.. I wondered if there might be argument for moving towards a tabbed window (much like the [Me][Password][Bookings][Tickets] box at the top)?

The tabs would simply be the "Link Groups" such as; [Resources][Blogs][Clubs][Management]
    This might help keep the front page down to 1 browser window and avoid the scroll bar on the right (nicer for tabets?)

The second suggestion would be a combination of the "homework" functionality you are adding to MyFiles and the calendar support that you use for bookings.. I wonder if it would be possible to create a homework diary for each kid which would be published as an ics file? Our homework rota is fixed, so it would work much like the room bookings, with a fixed timetable of homeworks per year group which could then be associated with any "homework" functionality you provide via myfiles.

It's kinda complex i know and i havent really thought it through fully.. but i wondered if there was something in there which would be quite powerful? Imagine all those kids with their androids and ipods reminding them to pack their homework at 7:45 every morning.. or to do it at 18:00 every evening!! (parents could subscribe too if there was no personally identifyable info in there).. all powered by HAP!

(Perhaps that last one is a HAP v10 request rather than a v8 one

Cheers,
    Matt

Thank Post
    Thanks for the suggestions will see what I can do, the homework stuff is a bit of a ways off at the moment.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

hope progress on V8 is coming along nicely I have another desirable request... I like how in the my files options you have a send to google docs option... I was showing your platform to a council curriculum consultant for the area I operate in... He was of the opinion that Google cloud stuff was a massive no-no for schools as somewhere in their fine print it says that once uploaded, it technically becomes property of Google. I didnt bother to argue! What i wondered is, how hard/is it doable to use Microsofts skydrive instead? a few benefits if you ask me, its based around office web apps so word docs etc are in a more native file format. It would be great, because a Headteacher i know was very keen on the live collaboration of documents (that both google docs and skydrive/word web app can do)

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Andy

Thank Post
    I looked into SkyDrive, and I got a headache trying to implement it

Thank Post
    Scratch my previous post, it was actually fairly easy

Thank Post
    Hi Nickbro, any chance of getting a zip file of a whole v8 alpha so I can test it out? It would be great if you could maybe put the nightly build on skydrive

Thank Post
    Hi Nick, i tried to message you through codeplex but not sure if you got it. My school want to use the Booking system for events rather than lessons so the initial booking would have to be preliminary and be emailed to an admin to confirm. Once confirmed it would be emailed to the relevant departments for catering, it/av support, etc. I'm quite happy to get my hands dirty with the source code but just thought I'd see i you've already tried something similar or have any info that would help.

Rick.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast