Home Access Plus+ Thread, HAP+ v8 Feature Requets in Projects:; I'm wondering if the Booking System could support a block booking feature.
An IT suite is free Lesson ...
28th November 2011, 11:09 AM #46
- Rep Power
I'm wondering if the Booking System could support a block booking feature.
An IT suite is free Lesson 3 on a Tuesday on the Week 2/B cycle. An Art teacher wants to book that room, for that period for the rest of the year. At the moment, they would have to do a booking for every week. But we would like it so they could make one booking, but it spans across the a large period of time for that specific lesson/room.
28th November 2011, 11:13 AM #47
Surely at this point that is more of a time tabling issue than a block booking?
Originally Posted by CHiLL
28th November 2011, 11:19 AM #48
- Rep Power
You'd think, but it's to cover things like Exams, which aren't in the timetable, plus extra things such as meetings.
Originally Posted by sister_annex
Or in the example I provided, an art teacher wants to teach their class in an IT room, rather than in the usual Art room. Maybe they want to do that for 6 months while they're doing a specific module for example.
28th November 2011, 12:22 PM #49
I agree with @CHiLL - that feature would be useful for teachers booking classes in for Controlled Assessment (e.g. every Mon Period 3 for 6 weeks) or a teacher (typically, Art, Design or Music) wanting to use the computers for a particular project.
28th November 2011, 01:49 PM #50
First off, a quick thankyou to Nick. It amazes me how quickly you come to rely on something that you never previously had. The HAP+ suite has totally transformed our way of doing things here and i applaud its simplicity! I struggled a bit with my server config last month and it became clear just what an impact NOT having it has on my life! Your work is superb and the support has been fab.
I would quite like to be able to limit a couple of resources to specific people:
i.e. Our Science department have two laptop trolleys that are for use only within the department.
There is no point in anyone else seeing it (we have about 8 trolleys across the whole school) as they are not x-curricular resources. In terms of design, it would be a fairly straightforward extension of the permissions that HAP already supports:
Default permission would be Inherit (from Help Desk permissions), with the option to add individual accounts or groups.
This would allow me as an administrator to know when the laptops are in use too and where they are in use.
Not a huge leap from what it does already, just allowing me to filter certain resources from lots of staff
28th November 2011, 02:09 PM #51
@mattgrimley, shouldn't be too much work to add that feature in. I'll pop into the delayed 7.7 release
Thanks to nickbro from:
mattgrimley (29th November 2011)
1st December 2011, 02:21 PM #52
Thanks mate, will have a play with that!
I have a raft of suggestions related to the helpdesk now for your consideration!!
- I'd like (admins) to be able to edit the title of a ticket (teachers always put things like "Help" or "Urgent" or some such)
- I'd like some more information on the "Open Ticket Display" and "Closed Ticket Display" (Details: Username | Room | LogDate | LastActionDate | Status) (with some "sort by" titles?? )
- Priority defaults to "Undefined" - can it perhaps default to "Normal"?
- The Status seems always to be "WithIT" or "Fixed" - Can status be used to record ownership of the issue, i.e. "WithUser". Ownership could be explicitly handed back to the user in the email rather than indefinitely pending a response and remaining owned by IT.
- When tickets are closed, the email that is generated to the punter contains only the text from the last update (and not the whole conversation). This makes it hard for the user to identify the context if they have multiple tickets. (Often they get an email saying, "Should be fixed now" and they have no idea what the problem was..)
- When tickets are "UPDATED" (same as above)
- Mark as FAQ seems to not work for me..
- I'd quite like to be able to edit (tidy and format) an FAQ item without effecting the original source ticket. Can "Mark as FAQ" generate a duplicate ticket, perhaps in a different xml file? This could be edited, formatted etc to make it specifically relevant as an FAQ.
- Links in the emails don't seem to work consistently.. Specifically, if you don't have an active session, it redirects to the login page but then it doesn't go back to the target link post-login.
- When using "Make Aware", can it be treated like a CC and include those people in the thread with the same rights as the original - and be displayed in the ticket details (most of this may already be functional, but im never sure if i have to "make aware" everyone at every update etc).
1st December 2011, 02:24 PM #53
Just wondering if the current version supports webdav for file access? If not then this would be one of the features i'd like.
1st December 2011, 04:12 PM #54
WebDav is an IIS feature, not HAP+. You would have to configure this yourself
2nd December 2011, 11:28 PM #55
- Rep Power
here is my whish list:
1) track/logging interfare:e.g.:test user deleted file1 on 01-05-2012
2) detailed file view: e.g. 1file per row with date created date modified owner ...
3)setuptest page: test.aspx rums several tests and returns red or green lights
3rd December 2011, 03:16 PM #56
@gianzack, 1) would put way to much stuff into the hap+ event log, but I'll look into it, 2) See http://www.edugeek.net/forums/home-a...tml#post763974, 3) is this ok?
The 2nd Check, changes depending on IIS6 or IIS7
3rd December 2011, 07:43 PM #57
- Rep Power
Originally Posted by nickbro
1) I think at a very basic audit: just who, what(create/delete-filename), when
2) You read my mind! Date modified might be useful too.
3) You have super powers!!!
6th December 2011, 04:40 PM #58
Two ideas for new features in the booking system...
1) switch a booking from Room A to Room B without having to delete it from one and recreate it in the other
2) delete a single lesson from a static booking
11th December 2011, 06:49 PM #59
Wonder if anyone will find this in the v7.8 release
Thanks to nickbro from:
enjay (12th December 2011)
12th December 2011, 09:48 AM #60
In Booking System, could it be possible to delete a single lesson in a static booking cycle. I know the lessons can be overridden, but it would also be useful for a teacher to be able to delete them so that other staff know the room is available.
By johna in forum Educational Software
Last Post: 14th March 2007, 10:49 AM
Last Post: 11th January 2007, 03:36 PM
By Chris in forum Windows Vista
Last Post: 14th August 2006, 03:12 PM
By russdev in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
Last Post: 15th January 2006, 09:59 AM
By Dos_Box in forum Hardware
Last Post: 18th November 2005, 01:08 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)