+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home Access Plus+ Thread, AD Connection Problems in Projects:; How odd. I develop HAP+ in firefox, IE is an afterthought, and Chrome should work just as well as firefox...

Thank Post
    How odd. I develop HAP+ in firefox, IE is an afterthought, and Chrome should work just as well as firefox

Thank Post
    yeah it is strange. usually the quirks that show up in Chrome usually show up in firefox with this kind of thing as IE is the odd one out.

Not this time it seems though i am very suspicious that it may be this particular install of chrome that is strange. Just checking now.

Nope i receive the same error when accessing it from home using chrome i get an internal server error when deleting an item using chrome in the resources section.

Thank Post
    nope even in ie now when adding or removing groups from the resources section i get internal server error also. i will set up logging and get you an error log.

Thank Post
    Best solution is just to perform some HAP+ JSON Debugging

Thank Post
    OK finally done so. i get this returned from the XML Tab

<Fault xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/envelope/none">
    <Code>
    <Value>Receiver</Value>
    <Subcode>
    <Value xmlns:a="http://schemas.microsoft.com/net/2005/12/windowscommunicationfoundation/dispatcher">a:InternalServiceFault</Value>
    </Subcode>
    </Code>
    <Reason>
    <Text xml:lang="en-GB">Sequence contains more than one matching element</Text>
    </Reason>
    <Detail>
    <ExceptionDetail xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.ServiceModel" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <HelpLink i:nil="true"></HelpLink>
    <InnerException i:nil="true"></InnerException>
    <Message>Sequence contains more than one matching element</Message>
    <StackTrace> at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at HAP.Web.Configuration.LinkGroup.get(String name) at HAP.Web.Configuration.LinkGroup.Remove(String name) at HAP.Web.API.setup.RemoveLink(String group, String name) at SyncInvokeRemoveLink(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.I nvoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]&amp; outputs) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process( Boolean isOperationContextSet)</StackTrace>
    <Type>System.InvalidOperationException</Type>
    </ExceptionDetail>
    </Detail>
    </Fault>
    hope that helps.

Thank Post
    Seems you've added 1 or more links on the homepage with the same name, you'll have to edit the hapconfig.xml to correct this issue

Thank Post
    I'll take a look but the strange thing is it's a stock install. I've installed it entered AD Details and then this is the first think that happens when i try to change anything.

<Fault xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/envelope/none">
    <Code>
    <Value>Receiver</Value>
    <Subcode>
    <Value xmlns:a="http://schemas.microsoft.com/net/2005/12/windowscommunicationfoundation/dispatcher">a:InternalServiceFault</Value>
    </Subcode>
    </Code>
    <Reason>
    <Text xml:lang="en-GB">Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Text>
    </Reason>
    <Detail>
    <ExceptionDetail xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.ServiceModel" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <HelpLink i:nil="true"></HelpLink>
    <InnerException i:nil="true"></InnerException>
    <Message>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Message>
    <StackTrace> at HAP.Web.API.setup.UpdateLinkGroup(String origname, String name, String showto, String subtitle) at SyncInvokeUpdateLinkGroup(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.I nvoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]&amp; outputs) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRu ntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRu ntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc&amp; rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process( Boolean isOperationContextSet)</StackTrace>
    <Type>System.NullReferenceException</Type>
    </ExceptionDetail>
    </Detail>
    i also get that one when changing the groups associated to a resource

Thank Post
    Ok, that is very strange. Don't know what to suggest there.

Thank Post
    getting weirder. I followed your advice. and removed one of the access your emails items as they both had the same name.(even though thats the config file that comes with the install) and the error went away. even stranger the other error went away after editing the hapconfig.xml

if thats what was wrong i'm surprised more people don't see a problem with it.

thanks so much for your help. i'll let you know once i'm finished setting up and if everything is all running ok.

extract from hapconfig.xml

<Links>
    <Group name="Resources" showto="All" subtitle="">
    <Link name="My School Files" showto="Inherit" description="Access your School My Files" url="~/mycomputer.aspx" icon="~/images/icons/net.png" target="" />
    <Link name="Remote Apps" showto="Inherit" description="Run School Applications at Home via School" url="/rdweb/" icon="~/images/icons/remotedesktop.png" target="" />
    *<Link name="Access My Emails" showto="Domain Admins, CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff" description="Access Student Mail" url="https://schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/webmail/" icon="~/images/icons/email.png" target="" />
    *<Link name="Access My Emails" showto="CHS Students" description="Access Outlook Web App" url="https://schoolmail.crickhowell-hs.powys.sch.uk/owa/" icon="~/images/icons/email.png" target="" />
    </Group>
    <Group name="Management" showto="CHS Teaching Staff, CHS Non-Teach Staff, Domain Admins" subtitle="">
    <Link name="Help Desk" showto="Inherit" description="Log/View a Support Ticket" url="~/helpdesk/" icon="~/images/icons/helpdesk.png" target="" />
    <Link name="Booking System" showto="Inherit" description="Book an IT Resource" url="~/bookingsystem/" icon="~/images/icons/bookingsystem.png" target="" />
    <Link name="Logon Tracker" showto="Domain Admins" description="View the Logon History" url="~/tracker/" icon="~/images/icons/tracker.png" target="" />
    <Link name="HAP+ Config" showto="Domain Admins" description="Home Access Plus+ Config" url="~/setup.aspx" icon="~/images/icons/setup.png" target="" />
    </Group>
    </Links>

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12