+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to download files in Projects:; Hi everyone, We have just installed the latest version of hap. All seems to be running well until we attempt ...
    Thank Post

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to download files

Hi everyone,
    We have just installed the latest version of hap. All seems to be running well until we attempt to download a file from one of the mapped drives or upload a file to one of the drives.

Firstly, we get the following server exception on file download:

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.routing.Downloader.ProcessRequest(HttpCont ext context) +97
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +624
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +269

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237
    We can browse mapped drives/folders fine, see image thumbnails etc. I can create new folders fine. I cannot however upload to these mapped drives.. the Silverlight upload sits there and does nothing other than saying it is 'Checking'. If you try to use the basic HTML uploader we get the following server exception:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

HAP.Web.UploadH.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +108
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3063

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Like I say, we are using the latest version, on Server 2008 IIS 7.5.
    TIA

Thank Post
    Morning,
    We are still suffering this error. We managed to get the extended version working, incidentally I didn't realise it required SSL which I hadn't turned on yet, which I have now.

We cannot download a file using HAP however - using basic or extended modes. We just get the above error in the OP. I still cannot upload a file using HAP.

I have attached these screenshots below to show you what I mean. It seems to work fine until you attempt to download a file.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to download files-hap_1.jpg

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to download files-hap_2.jpg

We have HAP running on one of our member Server 2008 servers, so I shouldn't think Interactive Logins should be causing this - it looks more like a code issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Thank Post
    I have installed HAP on a second member server this afternoon - also running Server 2008, and we still suffer the above problem.

Please.. does anyone have any ideas? It is so close to being usable for us but we just can't get that little but important bit of functionality to work. It would be great if Nick or anyone who has worked on developing HAP could perhaps confirm that this is an application code/syntax error and not a server configuration error or vice versa.

I would really like to get HAP working, it looks great!

Thanks
    Adam

Thank Post
    I've looked at the code reference, and it's pointing to an empty line of code. So that doesn't make sense. Can you try another browser and see if the problem persists

Thank Post
    Hi Nick
    Thanks for your response, I really appreciate you taking the time to try help me out!

I have tried it in Firefox, Chrome and IE9 - they all do the same.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Nick, I have installed an older build (7.1) this morning and I still get this error - again in all browsers.

If you say this error is pointing to a blank line in the source I guess it's a little confusing. Do you suppose a newer build might fix it?

Thank Post
    Hi Nick
    I have installed your latest version this morning and I STILL get the same error.

I am assuming you have absolutely no idea what is causing this, on two different member servers, in all browsers? I am pulling my hair out with this.

Adam

Thank Post
    Also, when trying to use the simple html uploader we are getting this error - I see that it points to different lines?

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

HAP.Web.UploadH.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +108
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3063

Thank Post
    The whole MSCB is due to be replaced in v8, although at this point it may be coming sooner

Thank Post
    What's the URL of the file it's trying to download?

Check the drives, making sure the drive letter is in UPPERCASE!

Thank Post
    Hi Nick
    The URL's are like this: https://domain.com/HAP/Download/W/CD_edited.jpg
    So the drive letters are in uppercase if you are meaning the ones in the URL?

If we are unable to get it to work, I will eagerly await the replacement MSCB in the future build in hope that it might solve my problems!

Adam

Thank Post
    Are the drive letters in uppercase in the hapConfig.xml file?

Thank Post
    Hi Nick
    Yes - they are.

<mappings>
    <mapping drive="H" name="My Documents" enablereadto="Students" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" usagemode="Quota">\\dc1\studentareas\%username%\My Documents</mapping>
    <mapping drive="D" name="My Documents" enablereadto="Teachers,Admins" enablewriteto="All" enablemove="True" usagemode="Quota">\\dc1\staffareas\%username%\My Documents</mapping>
    <mapping drive="S" name="Shared Area" enablereadto="Students,Teachers,Admins" enablewriteto="Teachers,Admins" enablemove="True" usagemode="Quota">\\dc1\sharedarea</mapping>
    </mappings>

Thank Post
    Hi Nick

I have installed 7.5 and had a look at your new preview of my files. Again in a similar way to above, we can see all drives and files but get the exact same error when we try to access a file.

Adam

Thank Post
    Can you try the attached hap.web.dll for me and see if it fixes the problem,, if it doesn't please report the error message you get

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast