+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home Access Plus+ Thread, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to download files in Projects:; Hi Nick, Thanks for this - some good news, with this DLL we can now download files - from both ...
    Thank Post
    Hi Nick,
    Thanks for this - some good news, with this DLL we can now download files - from both the old MSCB and the preview one in 7.5.

However using basic view in the old MSCB, we cannot upload files by either using the HTML uploader or the Silverlight uploader. We get the error below.

When we use the Extended version, uploads are fine. Edit: Actually, seems they are not when you try to upload multiple files - it certainly worked with a single jpg.

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.UploadH.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in N:\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CHS Extranet\HAP.Web\UploadH.aspx.cs:76
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3063

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237
    Last edited by InterwebsGuy; 18th October 2011 at 11:15 AM.

Thank Post
    I think I've figured out why you are getting this error. You don't seem to use Home Directories as in setting H: to \\uncpath\user\homedir in the user properties.

Can you try the attached dll see if you can now upload using the HTML uploader?
    Last edited by nickbro; 18th October 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick,

Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    I think I've figured out why you are getting this error. You don't seem to use Home Directories as in setting H: to \\uncpath\user\homedir in the user properties.

Can you try the attached dll see if you can now upload using the HTML uploader?
    Correct, we don't use the Home Directories setting (though I am not sure why!).

More good news, the basic HTML uploader now works. The Silverlight one is still a bit icky, but I guess I won't worry about that as it is being deprecated soon?

We really appreciate all your help.

Adam
    Last edited by InterwebsGuy; 18th October 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Thank Post
    Good to hear that it is now working, I'll have an update release v7.6 this weekend which will formalize the fix

5. Thanks to nickbro from:

InterwebsGuy (18th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Good to hear that it is now working, I'll have an update release v7.6 this weekend which will formalize the fix
    Perfecto - like I said before, I can't begin to explain how much we appreciate it!

Thank Post
    Hi Nick
    I was playing with this last night, and when uploading many bigish files I received a Maximum Request Length Exceeded message.

I thought, OK cool I have seen this before as I know IIS limits POST or file uploads to about 30MB. So I added the following as I have before to the web.config file to increase this limit.

<security>
    <requestFiltering allowDoubleEscaping="true">
    <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2147483648" />
    </requestFiltering>
    </security>

It doesn't seem to make any difference though, as I still get the same error on large file uploads. Is this limit something that is hard coded into HAP+ or needs changing some place else, or should this have worked in Request Filtering?

Adam

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.

Maximum request length exceeded.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Maximum request length exceeded.]
    System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +11472119
    System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() +232
    System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +345
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +157
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +11474132
    System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Bool ean dontReturnNull) +141
    System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +100
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +259

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

Thank Post
    See

PRB: Cannot Upload Large Files When You Use the HtmlInputFile Server Control

HTML Code:
    <system.web><httpRuntime maxRequestLength="8192" /></system.web>
    8192 = 8mb

9. Thanks to nickbro from:

InterwebsGuy (19th October 2011)

Thank Post
    See

PRB: Cannot Upload Large Files When You Use the HtmlInputFile Server Control

HTML Code:
    <system.web><httpRuntime maxRequestLength="8192" /></system.web>
    8192 = 8mb
    Cheers - knew I should have Googled it!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12