+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, [v7.5] Booking System Update in Projects:; Hi all, Here is a status update on the v7.5 build, which is the booking system update. Now, not much ...
    Thank Post

[v7.5] Booking System Update

Hi all,

Here is a status update on the v7.5 build, which is the booking system update.

Now, not much will be changing with the booking system, apart from the dialogs will be replaced with jquery ui ones (same as the config).

Other changes include a new Display Board Page, now this is cool. It polls the server for any changes for the room the display is for (this is e.g. /bookingsystem/ICT1/display). Try https://folders.crickhowell-hs.powys...m/ICT1/display on Monday and see what happens. Any changes to the server, i.e. rooms being booked during the day, will show up on the page without a refresh after 5 minutes. The system uses javascript to look at the current time and moves a bar down the page and increases the font size. This is all done with jquery, so if should work if you are using signage systems and can put an iframe or something in.

One thing I may put on there is a BBC News Ticker and time right down the bottom.

One other change coming is the ability to go to a specific day directly from the overview calendar, without having to close the overview calendar and change the date.

2. Thanks to nickbro from:

wdwm (24th September 2011)

Thank Post
    The booking system display is now done.

Going to start redoing the booking system page. What's going to happen is the main content is loaded via jquery, with just the calendars rendered via ASP.net AJAX. New API's will be available to hook into. Mainly the /api/bookingsystem REST/JSON API. You can get either XML or JSON by navigating to /api/bookingsystem/LoadRoom/24-09-2011/ROOM. Or for all rooms on a date navigating to /api/bookingsystem/load/24-09-2011 will produce results. Booking a room will be perfomed using the api too. Instead of doing an ASP.net AJAX call it will post the data (like setup) to /api/bookingsystem/book/. Removing will be much the same way with /api/bookingsystem/remove/. Hopefully.

If any major problems come up before I finish this all off, then a this will be moved to a later release.

Thank Post
    Hi Nick, may I ask for a cheeky feature request?

Now, I can't code and have no idea what is involved. Be it 'Oh that's easy, will take 5 mins' or 'Are you kidding me? That will take months!'. So feel free to tell me where to go if I'm way of base!

Anyway, to the request. The room booking display has perked my intrest in a long standing pain of a job I have to do. Basically, we have a display in the staff room showing upcoming events for the week, and room bookings done in a daily view. So all Mondays info is displayed on one slide, Tuesday on one slide etc. I use powerpoint to do this, and with everything else more often than not it gets forgotten about, much to the displeasure of a member of the SLT. (Have suggested that they edit it instead, but was oddly ignored!) So would it possible for the display page to do this as well? (This is where the 'Are you kidding me? That will take months!' will probably come in.)

So essentially, the page ticks over every 'XX' seconds to a new day with a new daily view with the possibility of seeing 5 days in advance on the seperate pages. On these pages it would show all the room bookings for that day and any timed meetings or events during that day at the bottom of the room time tables? (For example 8.55am Whole School assembly, 1.00pm SLT Meeting, and so on.)

I stress again, I am not a coder and I do have very little insight into 'what it takes'. So if I'm asking for too much I fully understand.

Thank Post
    You can put an IE Frame into powerpoint and point it at the booking system page /bookingsystem/#date where #date is #26-09-2011 for example. Each of your slides has a different hash tag. You'd need to code some VBA to change the webpage. As for the stuff at the bottom, that would prob be best edited.

If could program, then you could write a C# program that hooks into the APIs for HAP+ and pulls the booking system info out, hooks into outlook for the meetings and then makes a display for them.

Thank Post
    OK, thankyou Nick.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread