+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Server Error in '/HAP' Application. in Projects:; Can anyone help im getting this error when trying to save the config ? Server Error in '/HAP' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Thank Post

Server Error in '/HAP' Application.

Can anyone help im getting this error when trying to save the config ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Setup.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +77
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +153
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3393

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey Victory2009,

I have seen some Object reference not set to an instance of an object errors whilst playing with the older setup.aspx. Nick updated the "v7.0 - v7.2" upgrade file last night on codeplex with the new setup.aspx (which sorts loads of bugs out with the GUI). If that doesnt work straight away, can i suggest you backup your hapconfig.xml file and try again with the default one? Add each section and then hit save at the bottom so you can see at which stage you are hitting the error.

Matt

Thank Post
    Cheers matt just download updated files and it works now :-) happy days

Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    Hey Victory2009,

I have seen some Object reference not set to an instance of an object errors whilst playing with the older setup.aspx. Nick updated the "v7.0 - v7.2" upgrade file last night on codeplex with the new setup.aspx (which sorts loads of bugs out with the GUI). If that doesnt work straight away, can i suggest you backup your hapconfig.xml file and try again with the default one? Add each section and then hit save at the bottom so you can see at which stage you are hitting the error.

Matt

Thank Post
    Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version of the files and have now configured HAP absolutely fine.

The problem I am having is that when I try to login with any user account other than administrator i get the 'server error in '/hap' application' message. When i login with the administrator account it logs in fine and works as expected.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Thank Post
    I'm getting a similar "Server Error in '/HAP' Application." when I click save on the setup page.

I'm trying to set up the 7.4 version on IIS6.. and it's a CC4 server, not sure if that would cause any additional problems :s

Thank Post
    Can you try the attached dll (hap.web.dll) and pdb file (save to ~/app_data/bin)

Click the Save button again and paste the error message generated. The attached dll is a DEBUG build.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Can you try the attached dll (hap.web.dll) and pdb file (save to ~/app_data/bin)

Click the Save button again and paste the error message generated. The attached dll is a DEBUG build.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Tempor ary ASP.NET Files\hap\d9f64370\466c4409\App_Web_mt1qbzp4.2.cs Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data.]
    System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.GetDeco dedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& dataLength) +351
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +145

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
    Client IP: 78.40.239.4
    Port: 41600
    Referer: https://easylink.school.lea.sch.uk/HAP/setup.aspx
    Path: /HAP/setup.aspx
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2)
    ViewState: /wEPDwULLTEwNjQ2NDExOTEPZBYCAgMPZBYWAgcPDxYCHghJbWF nZVVybAUWfi9pbWFnZXMvc2V0dXAvMjY2LnBuZ2RkAg8PZBYCZ g9kFgQCBQ8PFgIeBFRleHRlZGQCBw8WAh4LXyFJdGVtQ291bnR mZAIyDxYCHwICBBYIZg9kFgJmDxUDAk1lAk1lAk1lZAIBD2QWA mYPFQMIUGFzc3dvcmQIUGFzc3dvcmQIUGFzc3dvcmRkAgIPZBY CZg8VAwhCb29raW5ncwhCb29raW5ncwhCb29raW5nc2QCAw9kF gJmDxUDB1RpY2tldHMHVGlja2V0cwdUaWNrZXRzZAIzDxYCHwI CBBYIZg9kFgJmDxULAk1lAk1lAk1lAk1lAk1lAk1lAk1lA0Fsb AJNZeABPGJyIC8+PGxhYmVsIGZvcj0iaG9tZXBhZ2V0YWJzLU1 lLWFsbG93dXBkYXRldG8iPkFsbG93IFVwZGF0ZSBUbzogPC9sY WJlbD48aW5wdXQgdHlwZT0idGV4dCIgaWQ9ImhvbWVwYWdldGF icy1NZS1hbGxvd3VwZGF0ZXRvIiB2YWx1ZT0iRG9tYWluIEFkb WlucyIgb25jbGljaz0ic2hvd2FkYnVpbGRlcih0aGlzLCBmYWx zZSk7IiBvbmNoYW5nZT0idXBkYX...]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Except ion inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +235
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidatio nError(Exception inner, String persistedState) +14
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +255
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.I StateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +4
    System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFor matter formatter, String serializedState) +37
    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +241
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium() +106
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +43
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +8431
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +253
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(Http Context context) +21
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.setup_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Tempor ary ASP.NET Files\hap\d9f64370\466c4409\App_Web_mt1qbzp4.2.cs: 0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Thank Post

Thank Post
    just downloaded latest HAP+ (v7.10) I had another problem, for which they suggested in another thread to repair the .NET 4 Extended installation.
    I did, I restarted, and now I'm getting another type of Server Error in '/HAP' application:

error message: ASP.NET routing integration feature requires ASP.NET compatibility. Please see 'msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms731336.aspx' on how to do this.

** solved **
    when working on web.config to try fixing the previous error I saved it as a .txt file and that's why it didn't work...
    Last edited by calvin_il; 4th June 2012 at 02:26 PM.

Thank Post
    Good to hear, it can be the simple things sometimes

Thank Post

little things

Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Good to hear, it can be the simple things sometimes
    Hello Nick, thank you very much for this and for being available for help.

Is there any other documentation or manual available?
    we're still struggling with the setup and the settings for accessing user files and all the rest:

We're getting a blank Active Directory browser in the AD part of the setup, and in any other dialog box that requires
    browsing the AD.
    Does the connection to the domain must be as a Domain Admin? we just want to give access to files-
    can the connection be made by a "lesser" user?

Thanks again,
    Shaike

Thank Post
    Make sure you don't hit save until you've filled to the proxy server tab. When you hit save it will remove the password from the AD Password box so the AD Browser won't load. You can move the AD Browser to the side and then manually type into the box. There is also the hapConfig.xml file which can be edited manually.

Thank Post
    the proxy server tab shows a green tick, and was doing so from the beginning.
    I'm aware that the password isn't shown, but is saved in the hapconfig.xml file -
    but the AD browser never worked and doesn't show anything wherever we try.

are you saying that if we move the AD brower window and re-enter the password it should work?
    what would happen in other dialog windows that are trying to browse the AD?

if I edit the hapconfig.xml file, in what format should I enter the studentsgroup OU?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    The AD Browser will ONLY work if there is a password in the AD Password box, it's a security feature to stop unauthorised browsing of AD.

The Students Group is a Security Group, you don't need to worry about the OU's unless your using the booking system for help desk

Thank Post
    very well, I'll give it a try.
    what about other AD browser windows in other parts of the setup, e.g. when setting up who can read or write
    to files, or who can or cannot see the change password option at the home screen?
    how do I nake the AD browser work there?
    Thanks again!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast