+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus v7.1, observations, bugs(?) and queries! in Projects:; Hey guys, First off, once again a big thanks Nick. This project is a complete wonder. Your personal efforts are ...
  1. #1
    mattgrimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    321
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    11

    Home Access Plus v7.1, observations, bugs(?) and queries!

    Hey guys,

    First off, once again a big thanks Nick. This project is a complete wonder. Your personal efforts are having a major impact on the lives of our teachers and pupils.

    We are running 6.5 live at present and i have spent the day installing 7.1 (okay, not the "whole" day!) and i thought i'd make the effort to note down any observations, bugs, things i didn't understand etc rather than just working around them. I can see there is another thread called v7 problems, but i didnt want to overload that thread with a whole list of relatively minor things! Sorry if any of this is duplicated.

    So, here goes.. sorry about the order.. i have tried to format it for this forum, but ultimately.. it is a list i wrote in notepad as i experienced the install.

    Thanks again,
    Matt


    Our system is Windows 2008 R2 with IIS7. My client is running Internet Explorer 9 and Chrome 13.0.782.220. We have v6.5 live in the Extranet virtual root and v7.1 side-by-side in the Hap folder. The only thing not now working for me is the transfer of the tickets from v6.5.



    GENERAL
    Changes don't update the GUI - (This may well be "by design"?) It confused me and i was unsure whether i could save whilst working on it. - If no gui update is working as intended, perhaps a save button at the end of each section which refreshes the page after commiting the changes? (the next 3 items all relate to this)
    1. Trying to remove "Access My Emails" gives a Internal Server Error. (i suspect this is me clicking a second time because i expected it to disappear from the GUI)
    2. Same goes for "RM Management COnsole".. First click on [X] obviously removes it, but doesnt update the gui. Second click gives "Internal Server Error". Save and reload and is fine.
    3. Edit "Access a School Computer", enter "_Blank" as "Target" and it doesnt appear to save it.. however, click save at the bottom and reload the page and it seems fine

    Link editor / "Show To" field displays a trailing "</A>" after custom entries. I noticed this in quite a few of the "Show To" fields. I have no idea if this then causes issues, but i have been deleting them as i see them.. I presume they are added by the GUI at load time and would only be written in the event of viewing and saving?

    ACTIVE DIRECTORY CONNECTION
    Minor Visual Issue - Domain UPN input box appears on next line in Google Chrome (13.0.782.220) (Fine in Internet Explorer 9)

    AD ORGANIZATIONAL UNITS
    Question - Do i need to add the Students OU to the AD Organisation Units? I have added it (as you did) with the ignore option ticked. Is it better to leave it off?

    WEB PROXY SERVER
    Issue - I have enabled the web proxy, entered the proxy IP address (upstream LEA proxy) and the port (80). It remains a red cross.

    HOME PAGE / TABS
    Issue - Changes are not saved to "Bookings / Show To" or "Tickets / Show To" - (Manually chaning the XML works.)

    BOOKING SYSTEM
    Admin Groups (no AD Browser on clicking empty box - need to manually type it)

    LESSONS
    (+Add) - Typed in my lesson and it doesnt appear in the gui. Click Save and refresh and it is there though :) (see GUI update item above)

    SUBJECTS
    (+Edit) - NOT FOUND pop-up error on name edit - Fails to save the edit

    MY SCHOOL COMPUTER BROWSER
    Your setup Video Suggests ";" is the delimiter, but default entry is ","..

    MAPPINGS
    Not entirely clear what should be in each of the box. I ended up copying info from my old v6.5 web.config. This would be resolved by leaving an example in the default config.. %homedir% perhaps? (only an issue for people setting up for the first time)

    MAPPING EDITOR
    1> On creating a new Mapping, click "Enable Read To" There is a blank 1st entry after your entry is added to the list - not sure if this is an issue.
    2> "Enable Move" check box will not persist (keeps getting cleared)

    FILTERS
    Click Images, attempt to add "*.psd; " at the start of "Expression" and click SAVE. "Unauthorized" error message

    HAP PLUS CONFIG
    You must re-enter the Active Directory Connection "User Password" every edit as when left blank it appears to over-write the stored one. Leaving you unable to login until you re-edit web.config, allow all user access, reload the setup.aspx, re-enter the password save and then re-edit web.config

    BOOKINGSYSTEM
    [Logged in as user | Logout] overlaps the navigation hyperlinks at the top right

    IMPORTING DATA FROM A v6.5 HAP+ SITE
    Abr.xml - NOT ATTEMPTED
    Announcement.xml - Worked Fine
    Bookings.xml - Worked Fine
    BookingTemplates.xml - NOT ATTEMPTED
    StaticBookings.xml - Worked Fine
    TermDates.xml - Worked Fine
    Tickets.xml - PROBLEMS*
    Tracker.xml - NOT ATTEMPTED
    UserCards.xml - NOT ATTEMPTED

    *Tickets.xml v6.5 > v7.1 issues
    On loading the ticket system after copying the tickets.xml file from v6.5 to v7.1 i get the following in the browser:

    Server Error in '/hap' Application.
    Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control.
    Source Error:
    Line 36: <asp:Repeater runat="server" ID="ticketsrepeater">
    Line 37: <ItemTemplate>
    Line 38: <a href="<%=ResolveClientUrl(string.Format("~/HelpDesk/ticket/{0}", Eval("Id"))) %>" id="ticket-<%#Eval("Id")%>">
    Line 39: <img src="<%=ResolveClientUrl(string.Format("~/Images/StatusIcons/{0}.png", Eval("Status"))) %>" alt="<%#Eval("Status")%>" />
    Line 40: <img src="<%=ResolveClientUrl(string.Format("~/Images/StatusIcons/priority_{0}.png", Eval("Priority"))) %>" alt="" class="Priority" />
    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hap\HelpDesk\Default.aspx Line: 38
    Stack Trace:
    [InvalidOperationException: Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control.]
    System.Web.UI.Page.GetDataItem() +4549166
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.Eval(String expression) +120
    ASP.helpdesk_default_aspx.__Render__control5(HtmlT extWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hap\HelpDesk\Default.aspx:38
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +131
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    ASP.helpdesk_default_aspx.__RenderContent2(HtmlTex tWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hap\HelpDesk\Default.aspx:27
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +131
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren (HtmlTextWriter writer) +315
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter writer) +48
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5290

  2. #2

    nickbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gilwern, Wales
    Posts
    3,690
    Thank Post
    43
    Thanked 560 Times in 468 Posts
    Rep Power
    124
    Thanks Matt, will be parsing my way through all of these issues tonight, hopefully getting you lot a fix for them tomorrow possibly.

  3. #3

    nickbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gilwern, Wales
    Posts
    3,690
    Thank Post
    43
    Thanked 560 Times in 468 Posts
    Rep Power
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    GENERAL
    Changes don't update the GUI - (This may well be "by design"?) It confused me and i was unsure whether i could save whilst working on it. - If no gui update is working as intended, perhaps a save button at the end of each section which refreshes the page after commiting the changes? (the next 3 items all relate to this)
    1. Trying to remove "Access My Emails" gives a Internal Server Error. (i suspect this is me clicking a second time because i expected it to disappear from the GUI)
    2. Same goes for "RM Management COnsole".. First click on [X] obviously removes it, but doesnt update the gui. Second click gives "Internal Server Error". Save and reload and is fine.
    3. Edit "Access a School Computer", enter "_Blank" as "Target" and it doesnt appear to save it.. however, click save at the bottom and reload the page and it seems fine

    Link editor / "Show To" field displays a trailing "</A>" after custom entries. I noticed this in quite a few of the "Show To" fields. I have no idea if this then causes issues, but i have been deleting them as i see them.. I presume they are added by the GUI at load time and would only be written in the event of viewing and saving?
    It should update the GUI when you save, for some reason it wasn't processing the response from the AJAX call properly, should now be fixed v7.2
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    ACTIVE DIRECTORY CONNECTION
    Minor Visual Issue - Domain UPN input box appears on next line in Google Chrome (13.0.782.220) (Fine in Internet Explorer 9)
    The system has now been set to only reset the AD password if a new one is entered. Note: you still need the password for the AD Browser to work
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    AD ORGANIZATIONAL UNITS
    Question - Do i need to add the Students OU to the AD Organisation Units? I have added it (as you did) with the ignore option ticked. Is it better to leave it off?
    It's mainly an internal thing, not really is the honest answer
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    WEB PROXY SERVER
    Issue - I have enabled the web proxy, entered the proxy IP address (upstream LEA proxy) and the port (80). It remains a red cross.
    Ok that's my bad, I'd set it to require more than 2 chars, it's now more than 1 char

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    HOME PAGE / TABS
    Issue - Changes are not saved to "Bookings / Show To" or "Tickets / Show To" - (Manually chaning the XML works.)
    Looking into this now

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    BOOKING SYSTEM
    Admin Groups (no AD Browser on clicking empty box - need to manually type it)
    Good spot, now fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    LESSONS
    (+Add) - Typed in my lesson and it doesnt appear in the gui. Click Save and refresh and it is there though (see GUI update item above)

    SUBJECTS
    (+Edit) - NOT FOUND pop-up error on name edit - Fails to save the edit
    FIXED

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    MY SCHOOL COMPUTER BROWSER
    Your setup Video Suggests ";" is the delimiter, but default entry is ","..
    The video is wrong, it's ","

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    MAPPINGS
    Not entirely clear what should be in each of the box. I ended up copying info from my old v6.5 web.config. This would be resolved by leaving an example in the default config.. %homedir% perhaps? (only an issue for people setting up for the first time)
    %homedir% repleaces %homepath% i think

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    MAPPING EDITOR
    1> On creating a new Mapping, click "Enable Read To" There is a blank 1st entry after your entry is added to the list - not sure if this is an issue.
    2> "Enable Move" check box will not persist (keeps getting cleared)
    I too have noticed this, I've added some trims to the js

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    FILTERS
    Click Images, attempt to add "*.psd; " at the start of "Expression" and click SAVE. "Unauthorized" error message
    Looking into this now

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    HAP PLUS CONFIG
    You must re-enter the Active Directory Connection "User Password" every edit as when left blank it appears to over-write the stored one. Leaving you unable to login until you re-edit web.config, allow all user access, reload the setup.aspx, re-enter the password save and then re-edit web.config
    Now set to only update the system if a password is entered

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    BOOKINGSYSTEM
    [Logged in as user | Logout] overlaps the navigation hyperlinks at the top right
    Hopefully FIXED (I'm using a customized masterpage so it's difficult to test

    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    IMPORTING DATA FROM A v6.5 HAP+ SITE
    Abr.xml - NOT ATTEMPTED
    Announcement.xml - Worked Fine
    Bookings.xml - Worked Fine
    BookingTemplates.xml - NOT ATTEMPTED
    StaticBookings.xml - Worked Fine
    TermDates.xml - Worked Fine
    Tickets.xml - PROBLEMS*
    Tracker.xml - NOT ATTEMPTED
    UserCards.xml - NOT ATTEMPTED
    These files have not changed, so should still work
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgrimley View Post
    *Tickets.xml v6.5 > v7.1 issues
    On loading the ticket system after copying the tickets.xml file from v6.5 to v7.1 i get the following in the browser:

    Server Error in '/hap' Application.
    Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control.
    Source Error:
    Line 36: <asp:Repeater runat="server" ID="ticketsrepeater">
    Line 37: <ItemTemplate>
    Line 38: <a href="<%=ResolveClientUrl(string.Format("~/HelpDesk/ticket/{0}", Eval("Id"))) %>" id="ticket-<%#Eval("Id")%>">
    Line 39: <img src="<%=ResolveClientUrl(string.Format("~/Images/StatusIcons/{0}.png", Eval("Status"))) %>" alt="<%#Eval("Status")%>" />
    Line 40: <img src="<%=ResolveClientUrl(string.Format("~/Images/StatusIcons/priority_{0}.png", Eval("Priority"))) %>" alt="" class="Priority" />
    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hap\HelpDesk\Default.aspx Line: 38
    Stack Trace:
    [InvalidOperationException: Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control.]
    System.Web.UI.Page.GetDataItem() +4549166
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.Eval(String expression) +120
    ASP.helpdesk_default_aspx.__Render__control5(HtmlT extWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hap\HelpDesk\Default.aspx:38
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +131
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    ASP.helpdesk_default_aspx.__RenderContent2(HtmlTex tWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hap\HelpDesk\Default.aspx:27
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +131
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren (HtmlTextWriter writer) +315
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter writer) +48
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +246
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5290
    NOW FIXED

  4. Thanks to nickbro from:

    mattgrimley (21st September 2011)

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    614
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 37 Times in 35 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    I must say i didnt experience any of this because i manually edited it all in the xml file.

    Only a suggestion Nick , But why have a setup page for easy editing ? this surley means a lot more work for you . And any one who should be supporting this should be able to edit the XML.

  6. #5
    mattgrimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    321
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    I must say i didnt experience any of this because i manually edited it all in the xml file.

    Only a suggestion Nick , But why have a setup page for easy editing ? this surley means a lot more work for you . And any one who should be supporting this should be able to edit the XML.
    I think the setup page is awesome. It makes it so much easier for newbies to setup and minimises the risk of typo's etc (which all ultimately ends in either a bad experience for the trialer or support questions on here)..

    This system also allows Nick to introduce new functionality (and associated data) into the xml files without requiring complex edits.. an upgrade to the software will simply read in the existing data and present a few more boxes and options in the setup.

    Either way, thanks for looking at it all Nick. Although my system is "largely" working, i will endeavour to recreate the issues i listed and test with the updates

  7. Thanks to mattgrimley from:

    bencole (18th September 2014)

  8. #6

    nickbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gilwern, Wales
    Posts
    3,690
    Thank Post
    43
    Thanked 560 Times in 468 Posts
    Rep Power
    124
    The setup page also means that the right AD groups are selected, and the right OU Paths are entered.

  9. Thanks to nickbro from:

    bencole (18th September 2014)

  10. #7
    Zebadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    55
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    Hi Nick, i've managed to search the AD by deleting the part in the web.config that was mentioned in a previous post on here. Now i'm having a problem trying to delete links. I get a 'bad request' message box. Also when i change the groups from CHS students etc to my own,i click on update, by the groups don't actually update as when i click on the same link, the CHS groups have reappeared.

    I'm upgrading the server from IE7 to IE8, but wondering if you have any ideas. Running Server 2003 IIS6

    Cheers, Andy

    EDIT: Scrub that, I've edited the xml file manually and it's done the trick.
    Last edited by Zebadee; 21st September 2011 at 03:34 PM.

  11. #8
    Zebadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    55
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    When trying to download any file I get the following error message.

    Home Access Plus v7.1, observations, bugs(?) and queries!-hap-error.jpg

    EDIT - FIXED. Back slashes instead of forward slashes in unc path (or the other way round!)
    Last edited by Zebadee; 21st September 2011 at 05:05 PM.

  12. #9

    nickbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gilwern, Wales
    Posts
    3,690
    Thank Post
    43
    Thanked 560 Times in 468 Posts
    Rep Power
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebadee View Post
    Hi Nick, i've managed to search the AD by deleting the part in the web.config that was mentioned in a previous post on here. Now i'm having a problem trying to delete links. I get a 'bad request' message box. Also when i change the groups from CHS students etc to my own,i click on update, by the groups don't actually update as when i click on the same link, the CHS groups have reappeared.

    I'm upgrading the server from IE7 to IE8, but wondering if you have any ideas. Running Server 2003 IIS6

    Cheers, Andy

    EDIT: Scrub that, I've edited the xml file manually and it's done the trick.
    There is a slight issue with the AJAX, which has been fixed in the source code, expect v7.2 tonight!

  13. #10
    Zebadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    55
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    Hi Nick,

    Just a couple of things that I've spotted.

    1. When i add an announcement, the yellow bar partially covers the 'logged in as... |logout' box in the top right corner of the screen (See screenshot)
    Home Access Plus v7.1, observations, bugs(?) and queries!-hap-announcement-error.png

    2. Low down on the priority list, but the favicon doesn't seem to be picked up in IE (running IE9 on my laptop)

    A great update Nick, the setup.aspx is a brilliant addition. Will keep testing the other parts of HAP.

    Andy
    Last edited by Zebadee; 21st September 2011 at 10:01 PM.

  14. #11
    Zebadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    55
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    I've put in a redirect on the Extranet virtual directory within IIS to point to the new web address (folders.domainname/HAP). But if i go to the old web address (folders.domainname/Extranet) I still get a dialog box asking for my username and password. When i put them in it then takes me to the new login page for HAP. How can I get the redirect to go straight to the new login page without initially prompting for a username or password?

  15. #12

    nickbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gilwern, Wales
    Posts
    3,690
    Thank Post
    43
    Thanked 560 Times in 468 Posts
    Rep Power
    124
    Remove the IIS Basic Authentication from the extranet folder, and enable anonymous authentication

  16. #13
    mattgrimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    321
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    11
    I was just in the process of checking the fixes, but i dont think you have included the new setup.aspx file in the 7.0 - 7.2 update zip..

    (though the web.config file is in there and doesnt appear on the changed files list for 7.2) - gonna grab setup.aspx from the source files

    Edit: I grabbed a setup.aspx from the source but it lacks a [Test] button next to ACtive Directory Connection - is that intended?

    Matt
    Last edited by mattgrimley; 22nd September 2011 at 11:20 AM.

  17. #14

    nickbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gilwern, Wales
    Posts
    3,690
    Thank Post
    43
    Thanked 560 Times in 468 Posts
    Rep Power
    124
    The web.config is there to fix the favicon issue

  18. #15
    mattgrimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    321
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    11
    Hi Nick,

    Thanks for the swift updates. I have upgraded our system now and the major issue (the helpdesk crashing with old data) for me is resolved which is fantastic.
    Using the setup.aspx from the source folder (as mentioned above, it is absent from the v7.0 > v7.2 upgrade zip file) i have reviewed all my queries and below are my ffindings. I hope this is useful!!

    First of all, my bugs that are confirmed fixed with v7.2 (and the newer setup.aspx):


    • FIXED - GUI doesn’t update when trying to remove a link from a link group
    • FIXED - GUI doesn’t update when trying to add a link to a link group
    • FIXED - GUI doesn’t update adding a "Target" to a link
    • FIXED - Link editor / "Show To" field displays a trailing "</A>"
    • FIXED - Active Directory Connection / Domain UPN input box appears on next line in Google Chrome
    • FIXED - Web Proxy error state for port <4 characters
    • FIXED - Booking System / Admin Groups - no AD Browser
    • FIXED - Lessons / [+Add] – doesn’t update the GUI.
    • FIXED - Subjects / [+Edit] - NOT FOUND pop-up error on name edit - Fails to save
    • FIXED - added to the list - not sure if this is an issue.
    • FIXED - Filters / click Images, attempt to add "*.psd; " at the start of "Expression". "Unauthorized" error message (though the GUI doesn’t update)
    • FIXED - Active Directory Connection "User Password" over-writes the stored one.
    • FIXED - /bookingsystem/ [Logged in as user | Logout] overlaps the navigation hyperlinks at the top right
    • FIXED - Server Error in ‘/hap’ Application on opening v6.5 helpdesk data


    And now my remaining list of bugs


    • Active Directory Connection / TEST button has disappeared (ie9 + Chrome13) (is this by design - it seems to flip to a tick when i make any other changes)
    • Changes are not saved to "Bookings / Show To" or "Tickets / Show To" - (Manually chaning the XML works.)
    • Adding a non-existing or misspelled (“Test” OU) to “bookings / show to” results in “Server Error in /hap application” – This only happened once and I couldn’trrecreate it:
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    HAP.Web.Setup.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +77
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +153
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3706
    • Drive Mappings \ "Enable Move" check box setting not saved
    • Filters / click Images, attempt to add "*.psd; " at the start of "Expression" and click SAVE. GUI does not update. (though it is saved to config)
    • /hap/ [Logged in as user | Logout] overlaps the announcement bar at the top right
    • /helpdesk/ticket/ view [Logged in as user | Logout] slight overlap the ticket box at the top right
    • Creating a ticket with StaffUser account causes:
    Server Error in '/hap' Application.
    Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:
    [IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.Ticket..ctor(XmlNode node) +1094
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.Default.loadtickets() +570
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +101
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064


    So, all in all.. nothing stopping me from getting the kids and staff over to it.

    Once again, thanks so much for all your work Nick.

    Matt
    Last edited by mattgrimley; 22nd September 2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added a new "outstanding bug to the red list"



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Home Access Plus+
    By nickbro in forum Home Access Plus+
    Replies: 784
    Last Post: 24th February 2014, 04:39 PM
  2. Convert Home access plus site to secure site in IIS 7?
    By reggiep in forum Home Access Plus+
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th April 2011, 02:23 PM
  3. Home Access Plus+ Welcome
    By nickbro in forum Home Access Plus+
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th April 2011, 01:59 PM
  4. Home Access Plus+
    By nickbro in forum Web Development
    Replies: 728
    Last Post: 27th April 2011, 11:18 PM
  5. Home Access Plus - How Secure?
    By andy_d in forum Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31st March 2011, 01:30 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •