+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Home Access Plus v7.1, observations, bugs(?) and queries! in Projects:; v7.2 has not solved the anouncement bug ? For e.g. when i set an anouncement on the homepage , it ...

Thank Post
    v7.2 has not solved the anouncement bug ?

For e.g. when i set an anouncement on the homepage , it covers the logout box

ALl other pages are fine except the homepage

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    v7.2 has not solved the anouncement bug ?
    For e.g. when i set an anouncement on the homepage , it covers the logout box
    ALl other pages are fine except the homepage
    That is in my outstanding bugs list above (the penultimate item in the red "remaining bugs" section)

FAO Nick, I have also got a problem adding new tickets. Whilst the existing data is happily loaded, when i add a new ticket i get the following browser error:
    Server Error in '/hap' Application.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.Ticket..ctor(XmlNode node) +1094
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.Default.loadtickets() +570
    HAP.Web.HelpDesk.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +101
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064
    The section added to the Tickets.xml file is:
    <Ticket id="25" subject="Test Ticket" priority="Normal" status="New">
    <Note datetime="2011-09-22 12:17:50Z" username="StaffUser">
    <![CDATA[Room: NMO<br />
    This is a test ticket.. Everything is borked.. HALP!!]]>
    </Note>
    </Ticket>
    On further investigation, this is due to the username StaffUser - i change that to another user and it works (which i think may be related to something posted in another thread..
    That account's login name is "StaffUser", it'd display name is "Staff User" - Can't see anything else obvious

I will add this item to the bottom of my list on the previous post (the red outstanding bugs list).
    Last edited by mattgrimley; 22nd September 2011 at 01:44 PM.

Thank Post
    Another bug - when shared documents are opened, there is a list of folders seen, but click on any folder there and you get this errror:

Server Error in '/hap' Application
    The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key) +2216745
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.DataBind() +3403
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +16
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dosh View Post
    Another bug - when shared documents are opened, there is a list of folders seen, but click on any folder there and you get this errror:

Server Error in '/hap' Application
    The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key) +2216745
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.DataBind() +3403
    HAP.Web.mycomputer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +16
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
    Yeah, I might be wrong but I think this is the forward slash / backward slash error that has cropped up previously. Go to the hapconfig.xml file in the app_data folder and navigate to the bit where your drives are listed. They should read \\servername\share and NOT //servername/share. I think the setup gui kept swapping. Not sure if it's fixed in the latest version Nick has uploaded to the codeplex though. Hope that sorts it for you.

5. Thanks to Zebadee from:

mattgrimley (26th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebadee View Post
    Yeah, I might be wrong but I think this is the forward slash / backward slash error that has cropped up previously. Go to the hapconfig.xml file in the app_data folder and navigate to the bit where your drives are listed. They should read \\servername\share and NOT //servername/share. I think the setup gui kept swapping. Not sure if it's fixed in the latest version Nick has uploaded to the codeplex though. Hope that sorts it for you.
    Thanks, it was indeed the backslash being replaced by forward slash. Something the setup gui screen (I have 7.2 version) still swaps around.
    I noticed that as soon as I tried to add another mapped drive, the ldap line also got backlash swapped, as a consequence of "internal server error" message while in setup screen.
    Anyway the config file has correct entry now for additional mapped drive, but it does not show up for some reason. Will check permissions on the actual share later.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebadee View Post
    Genius -Thanks Zebadee - I spotted the same issue on mine on Friday but hadn't got round to reporting it! Thanks!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am going to open a fresh thread with my outstanding bugs for v7.2 in order to avoid stuff getting missed in the depths of this one. Please avoid resurrecting this thread as I will migrate anything still outstanding to the new thread.

New Thread = Home Access Plus v7.2 - Outstanding Issues

Matt
    Last edited by mattgrimley; 26th September 2011 at 09:17 AM.

Thank Post
    Issue resolved in v7.5 ALPHAs

Thank Post
    When anyone logs on, the green bar that I assume is supposed to show the percentage of drive space left just says '-2'. I think might be becuase I haven't added anything into the quota servers field in the setup.aspx. What info do i need to poulate this with in order for the green bars to be meaningful?

Cheers, Zeb

Thank Post
    Yes, although it should fall back to drive space. Also the home directory needs to be somewhere %homedir%

Thank Post
    I have the home directory set as the N: but i can't get the initial green bar on the HAP homepage to show a meaningful number. I've tried logging in as non-system admins to see if that was the problem. Should the green bars for other drives in my computer have a percentage figure or should they be completely green?

Thank Post
    They should all have percentages. It'll try using quota information first (quota service needs to be installed on servers) and then it will try getting the drive space information, if neither work it will be full

Thank Post
    dunno if im in the right place - said to post on edugeek from RM Communities.

Ive been on v5 for a while and didnt want to upgrade given the issues I had last time. As it would happen, I attempted to upgrade to v7 and it went a... about face. reverted back to v5 and thought I would post on here.

Is there an actual setup procedure in order to migrate to the new version? If not a step by step guide on how to do this - it would seem a lot has changed since it was first released.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12