+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Home Access Plus+ Thread, installation problem v7 in Projects:; Hi Nick , Love the prorgram btw , keep up the good work . Decided to go for an upgrade ...

Thank Post

installation problem v7

Hi Nick ,

Love the prorgram btw , keep up the good work .

Decided to go for an upgrade to the latest v7

All i did was remove the contents of our HAP folder and replaced with the latest v7 files and ran the v7 setup.aspx ( i assume its all setup ok as previous versions work fine)

I get the following error when entering in and clicking the test button on the domain UPN / username and password

installation problem v7-error.jpg

Any information on what i might have done wrong ?
    Last edited by 2097; 19th September 2011 at 08:55 AM.

Thank Post
    I'm getting exactly the same problem. Have v6 of HAP which is still running, but have made new folder (Not called it HAP though, does that matter?) put files in there and done a new application pool etc
    But now can't get past the error your getting too.

Thank Post
    ok i got round this problem by redoing everything located in the documentation.pdf on the HAP website .. Great stuff

But im now having problem with Directory Links . im creating them fine ... But there not showing up when i login to HAP

gor e.g. i have mapped H to %homedrive% and gave domain admins , staff and the ICT group read and write permisions .. but they dont show ?

Also i cant removed the mapped drives after creating them
    Last edited by 2097; 19th September 2011 at 10:40 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    Hi Nick ,

All i did was remove the contents of our HAP folder and replaced with the latest v7 files and ran the v7 setup.aspx ( i assume its all setup ok as previous versions work fine)

I get the following error when entering in and clicking the test button on the domain UPN / username and password

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	11313

It's preferable to use the Administrator's Account for Directory Access, it's down to permissions on AD. The Admin Password is Encrypted in the web.config

Thank Post
    ok i got round this problem by redoing everything located in the documentation.pdf on the HAP website .. Great stuff

But im now having problem with Directory Links . im creating them fine ... But there not showing up when i login to HAP

gor e.g. i have mapped H to %homedrive% and gave domain admins , staff and the ICT group read and write permisions .. but they dont show ?

Also i cant removed the mapped drives after creating them
    Home Directory should now be

EnableReadTo All
    EnableWriteTo All
    EnableMove True
    UNC %homedir%

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    It's preferable to use the Administrator's Account for Directory Access, it's down to permissions on AD. The Admin Password is Encrypted in the web.config
    Thanks for the quick reply Nick , Seemed to work fine after i remade everything in IIS .. Using your very good pdf document as a guide

I couldnt get the drive mappings to work correctly using the setup.aspx ( the My Computer.aspx link was missing)

Instead i done it manually in the config.xml ( after a bit of search and destory)

May i say so far it seems a LOT ! better than the v6 ( apart from minor install issue which is probally my fault tbh !)

Thank Post
    Hi Nick ,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	11313

Are you an RM School? RM's naming scheme is usually school.internal

Thank Post
    <Link name="Browse My School Computer" showto="Inherit" description="Access your School My Documents" url="~/mycomputer.aspx" icon="~/images/icons/net.png" target="" />

Thank Post
    I think one of my students have just found a bug. Mainly the deleting of files doesn't seem to work, and some extra tabs appear on the homepage, they don't do anything, but they show up.

Also .ini files are showing up as they should be comma separated not semi-colon, and hidden files are showing up.

Expect v7.1 to come out shortly to fix these issues, and any others anyone else finds.

Thank Post
    I'm still getting the initial problem.... Tried starting from Scratch but with no success.. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm an RM Site & using IIS6. Anything I could try?

Thanks!

Seen this in the Application Logs on the Server...

Anything to do with my installation issue?

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: System.ServiceModel 4.0.0.0
    Event Category: WebHost
    Event ID: 3
    Date: 19/09/2011
    Time: 10:45:30
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: CHA-SR-001
    Description:
    WebHost failed to process a request.
    Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+Host ingManager/34717384
    Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/HAP/api/setup' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: Could not find a base address that matches scheme http for the endpoint with binding WebHttpBinding. Registered base address schemes are [https].. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find a base address that matches scheme http for the endpoint with binding WebHttpBinding. Registered base address schemes are [https].
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.MakeAbsoluteUr i(Uri relativeOrAbsoluteUri, Binding binding, UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses)
    at System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.Confi gureEndpointAddress(ServiceEndpointElement serviceEndpointElement, ServiceHostBase host, ServiceEndpoint endpoint)
    at System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.Confi gureEndpoint(StandardEndpointElement standardEndpointElement, ServiceEndpointElement serviceEndpointElement, ContextInformation context, ServiceHostBase host, ServiceDescription description, ServiceEndpoint& endpoint, Boolean omitSettingEndpointAddress)
    at System.ServiceModel.Description.ConfigLoader.Looku pEndpoint(ServiceEndpointElement serviceEndpointElement, ContextInformation context, ServiceHostBase host, ServiceDescription description, Boolean omitSettingEndpointAddress)
    at System.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost.AddAutomati cWebHttpBindingEndpoints(ServiceHost host, IDictionary`2 implementedContracts, String multipleContractsErrorMessage, String standardEndpointKind)
    at System.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost.OnOpening()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.O pen(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.O pen()
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Host ingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Host ingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Host ingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Ensu reServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)
    Process Name: w3wp
    Process ID: 1968
    Last edited by gumbygaz; 19th September 2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Additional information added

Thank Post
    Just started the testing of files uploading etc .

Drag and drop seems to think all Extensions are not allowed ?

Manual HTML upload works ok , delete also ...

I noticed the extensions are seperate in the config with ; and not a , ( is this normal ?)

Many thanks again Nick

Thank Post
    Ok heres a summary as to whats not working nick to help you out ( im running IIS6).

Using the Drag and Drop Feature it states that the file extension is not allowed for any file i copy to it ( HTML upload works )

Clicking the browse button (...) under the drag and drop text brings up a error ( fileDialog_InvalidFilter)

When i first login to the extended version i get the following

installation problem v7-error1.jpg

Using the extended version seems to cause some errors , When uploading for example it freezes then a massive error comes up which i have attached

installation problem v7-error2.jpg
    Last edited by 2097; 19th September 2011 at 12:54 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks, will look into these bugs. The beta test wasn't very successful.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Thanks, will look into these bugs. The beta test wasn't very successful.
    Nick despite the errors , HAP has came a long way ! i love the look of it now , its also a lot faster

Well done , And Thank you for keeping it FREE ! as my school loves it !

Thank Post
    v7.1.1909.1640 has just been checked into codeplex source control which fixes the above issues, hopefully. Will release the update later today

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast