+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, Server error - access is denied in Projects:; Since upgrading last week I've started getting lots of users be denied access, with the error: Server Error in '/extranet' ...

Thank Post

Server error - access is denied

Since upgrading last week I've started getting lots of users be denied access, with the error:

Server Error in '/extranet' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied.
    Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

I can find no pattern to this as group membership is identical between users it works for and users it doesn't. I've tried removing all the file shares from the web.config to rule out that it's an issue with any of the shares it connects to.

I'm sure it's something obvious but I can't think what could be wrong?

Thanks

John

Thank Post
    Open the web.config, search for Easylink. Replace xxx Easylink with Domain Users

Thank Post
    Brilliant - thanks, had never spotted that config option before! I strongly suspect that we've had some members of staff suffer in silence for a very long time, as the vast majority are still members of our old Easylink group so it went unnoticed.

Cheers!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread