+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, non RM network installation in Projects:; Hi I get this error installing home access plus on a 2008 r2 server and iis 7.5 Code: An operations ...

Thank Post

non RM network installation

Hi I get this error installing home access plus on a 2008 r2 server and iis 7.5

Code:
    An operations error occurred.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: An operations error occurred.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[COMException (0x80072020): An operations error occurred.
    ]
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) +788
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +44
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() +42
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) +98
       HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntry root, String userName) +217
       HAP.AD.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(DirectoryEntry root, String username) +28
       System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +249
       System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUserInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +184
       System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +445
       System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollection.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +241
       System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +11335444
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266
    Thanks

Thank Post
    ok I have fixed this issue , but when i fill in the login box I get a 401 error

Thank Post
    Server Error in '/extranet' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied.
    Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Thank Post
    Okay all working now! This is very good Well done Nick

Thank Post
    A few people have asked me what my fixs to some of the problems I has with Home Access Plus

The first was that even after the installation of .net 4 I was getting a bad module “ManagedPipelineHandler errror from IIS. This is because .net 4 had not registered properly

IIS 7.5 error: Handler “PageHandlerFactory-Integrated” has a bad module “ManagedPipelineHandler” in its module list | WishMesh

This shows you how to register .net with iis

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet _regiis.exe -i

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspn et_regiis.exe -i

The rest of the issue involve the configuration of the web config file.

I found the the config tool did do everything that was needed and that you have to go through the file by hand too

6. Thanks to ict_support from:

TheScarfedOne (29th June 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread