+ Post New Thread
Home Access Plus+ Thread, AD Connection Error in Projects:; Hi Nick, I've downloaded 5.1 and done a fresh install, following the video and using the config utility. When I ...
    Thank Post

AD Connection Error

Hi Nick,

I've downloaded 5.1 and done a fresh install, following the video and using the config utility. When I try and access the URL I get prompted to login. When I type a username/password which should have access according to the config, i get:

Code:
    Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x8007052e): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    ]
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) +788
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +44
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() +42
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) +98
       CHS.ActiveDirectoryHelper.getUser(DirectoryEntry root, String userName) +217
       CHS.ActiveDirectoryHelper.GetRolesForUser(DirectoryEntry root, String username) +28
       System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +249
       System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUserInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +184
       System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +445
       System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollection.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +241
       System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +11335444
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266
    I have gone through the config 3 times to make sure that everything looks right. Is there anything obvious standing out that could be wrong?

Thank Post
    Open the web.config file in notepad. look for the ad connection string. Remove set it to ldap://dc=domain,dc=ltd, see if that works

The error is all down to not having access to the LDAP directory servers. Is the domain admin username and password set correctlty.

Check the web.config is ok
    Last edited by nickbro; 9th August 2010 at 08:35 PM.

Thank Post
    I've tried that, as well as a few other formats I could think of/use elsewhere etc. Still no difference.
    When it is asking for the administrator username should I be simply typing "administrator" or the RDN style (CN=administrator, CN=users, DC=school, DC=lea, DC=sch, DC=uk) etc?

Any other suggestions greatfully received! I'd love to get this working.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I had a similar problem, although I cant recall my error msg, I know it was similar!...

Have a look in IIS...

Go to Default Web Site > Open Extranet and click on Authorization Rules....

In mine in a fresh setup, there was a few deny rules, which kept throwing me out....I deleted the deny rules and gave All Users - Allow

Not sure if it'll work for you...but just incase!

Mart

AD Connection Error-untitled.jpg
    Last edited by mmoseley; 10th August 2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Added Screenshot :)

Thank Post
    Ah, it could be that it requires a group called xxx Easylink. Change that to authenticated users or something like that

6. Thanks to nickbro from:

mb2k01 (10th August 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbro View Post
    Ah, it could be that it requires a group called xxx Easylink. Change that to authenticated users or something like that
    Hi Nick,
    Yes, it was that in the config file. Once changed it let me in!

I just have two/three more minor problems now:

1) Viewing My Documents. When prompted, I clicked on the Silverlight option.
    When I go there I get the My School Computer icon on the left, but no other content. IE stores the following error message:
    Code:
     Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; CPDTDF; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C)
    Timestamp: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:31:54 UTC

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [Async_ExceptionOccurred]
    Arguments: 
    Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.50524.0&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
       at HAP.Silverlight.Browser.MainPage.driveclient_DownloadStringCompleted2(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)
    Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://helpdesk.school.la.sch.uk/extranet/mycomputersl.aspx
    2) How do I switch back from Silverlight? If I click back I can briefly see the html version, but forwards back to silverlight within half a second!

3) When I click on the booking system icon I get:
    Code:
     Unknown error (0x80005000) 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unknown error (0x80005000)

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error (0x80005000)]
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) +788
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +44
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() +42
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) +98
       HAP.Web.HelpDesk.ADUtil.FindUsers(ouobject ou, String subou) +703

[Exception: LDAP://server.school.lea.sch.uk//OU=Supervisors,OU=br,DC=school,DC=lea,DC=sch,DC=uk]
       HAP.Web.HelpDesk.ADUtil.FindUsers(ouobject ou, String subou) +1774
       HAP.Web.HelpDesk.ADUtil.FindUsers() +428
       HAP.Web.BookingSystem.BookingPopup.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +168
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048
    Last edited by mb2k01; 10th August 2010 at 05:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Sounds like HAP+ isn't getting the correct information from Active Directory. Which is causing all of these errors

Thank Post
    Hi Nick

We've moved from a 2003 DC to a 2008 DC changing the <add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://old.Domain.local/DC=Domain,DC=local" />
    to <add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://new.Domain.local/DC=Domain,DC=local" />[/B] and we're getting an error saying the following:

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The entry 'ADConnectionString' has already been added.

Source Error:

Line 37: </hapConfig>
    Line 38: <connectionStrings>
    Line 39: <add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://new.Domain.local/DC=Domain,DC=local" />
    Line 40: </connectionStrings>
    Line 41: <location path="Default.aspx">

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Extranet\web.config Line: 39

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Try

Code:
     </hapConfig>
      <connectionStrings>
          <clear />

<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://new.Domain.local/DC=Domain,DC=local" />
      </connectionStrings>
    Line 41: <location path="Default.aspx">

Thank Post
    Hi Nick

Thanks for the quick reply, it looks like it's resolved that error , but now it won't let me log in. After several attempts i get a HTTP Error 401. The requested resource requires user authentication.

Any ideas?

Thanks Again.
    Last edited by rowed; 7th June 2011 at 08:25 AM.

Thank Post
    Check you are using Basic Authentication. And change in the web.config for CHS Easylink, or somethig like that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread